ARCHIVE: The reality of "Hell"

AVmetro

BANNED
Banned
o2bwise...

o2bwise...

What Questions?
Hi AV,

What questions? Can you cite them? Or repost them?

God Bless,

Tony

1.) Must sin be punished according to God's nature of justice?

2.) Can sacrifice of animals atone for a man's sin?

3.) Can the good works of a man atone for a man's sin?

4.) Can the death of a man atone for his sins?

5.) Can only those 'in' Christ be atoned for?

God bless you o2,
Get to feeling better :up:...
God bless you Cirisme,
Jeremiah L.G.

o2bwise

I Must And Will Continue To Focus On Repetition Argument

I Must And Will Continue To Focus On Repetition Argument

cirisme,

My point has nothing to do with the fact that you presented other arguments. It has all to do with the fact that you used the repetitions argument in the first place.

At this point, I want to focus entirely on the repetition argument because, concerning that, I wrote:

I am not sure I understand your present posture regarding repetition. Do you still insist that your post on it has any merit whatsoever?

To which you replied:

In context, IT in "Do you still insist that your post on IT has any merit whatsoever?"

is your repetitions argument, not the entire topic (hell).

As you are stating your repetitions argument has merit to this topic, what is the merit of your repetitions argument?

My enthusiasm is highly lukewarm, regardless. As I said, I think your bias is huge and that means while I appreciate that you claim your sole basis for your beliefs is the Bible, I think your basis for your beliefs are more than that and include the Bible and your own biases through which you can't help but FILTER the Bible.

This filtering is something that I suppose all Christians do, to one degree or another, until perfection comes. I am skeptical of one who insists his beliefs are the Bible only (implied insistence that he is CLEAN of filters).

In light of my lukewarm enthusiasm, I totally understand if you prefer to stop dialoguing altogether. If you would like to continue, I ask you to cease saying things like

Actually, you have made numerous posts since I posted this and have ignored everything but one or two lines.

1. I have NOT made numerous posts.

2. I am NOT ignoring them, I am simply dialoguing at my own desired speed.
3. Let me know if you are going to continue saying things like the above, because if you are, I think it's a good time to move on.

God Bless,

Tony

Last edited:

o2bwise

Hi AV,

Thanks for the questions. I'll get to them and I appreciate your posting them.

God Bless,

Tony

P.S. cirisme, I will answer AV's questions before posting anything to you. And I may post elsewhere. Again, if you have a problem with my prioritization, we can move on.

C

cirisme

This filtering is something that I suppose all Christians do, to one degree or another, until perfection comes. I am skeptical of one who insists his beliefs are the Bible only (implied insistence that he is CLEAN of filters).

You're right, I see the world as I want to see it. But, there's one thing I'll never ever do, and that's compromise on sound scriptual doctrine.

Let me know if you are going to continue saying things like the above, because if you are, I think it's a good time to move on.

If it offends you so much, say so, and I won't say things like that anymore. However, I would appreciate that you do not say things like

What IS wrong with you, man?

either.

In context, IT in "Do you still insist that your post on IT has any merit whatsoever?"

is your repetitions argument, not the entire topic (hell).

As you are stating your repetitions argument has merit to this topic, what is the merit of your repetitions argument?

There are three reasons I think that death will not be as you say are because:

1. It would repitious, something that would not make sense.
2. Death is destroyed BEFORE the person is thrown in.
3. Hades, an actual place, is thrown in as well.

Also note that all this you're saying about my repitious arguement can be said of your aion arguement. You're the one that said that this may be repetious, and I would appreciate any proof that it is.

agape

Originally posted by cirisme
Death is destroyed BEFORE the person is thrown in.
This is TOO, TOO, TOO HILARIOUS! And I thought I heard it all??...too funny, cirisme. You've got to be kidding...right?

Death, hell, Satan, his followers, all those whose names are not written in the Book of Life are all thrown into the lake of fire and they all perish for all eternity. :)

C

cirisme

This is TOO, TOO, TOO HILARIOUS! And I thought I heard it all??...too funny, cirisme. You've got to be kidding...right?

God wrote it, you'll have to ask Him.

Death, hell, Satan, his followers, all those whose names are not written in the Book of Life are all thrown into the lake of fire and they all perish for all eternity

Very easy to assert, very difficult to prove.

o2bwise

I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

Hi cirisme,

I am sorry for that statement. Please accept my apologies?

It must be this medium. I get really irritated.

God Bless Ya...

Tony

o2bwise

Answers To Questions

Answers To Questions

Hi AV!,

1.)Must sin be punished according to God's nature of justice?
Yes, but I believe the basis for this is other than what you believe. Sin condemns inherently. After all have decided either for or with God, God cannot bear false witness. He reveals to the lost His perfect character, unveiled, which causes them to see their sin, as in a moment. This destroys them.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Yeah, but “in” is a rather subjective term.

And we haven’t even DEFINED atonement!

Nor have we provided the biblical rationale for any one of faith being accounted righteous, all the while he is still a sinner (which is where the penalty comes from).

I’ll end this by stating that I know we see the following differently.

1. What condemns
2. How (whatever) condemns, does so.
3. What salvation is.
4. What the underlying basis for right-standing is, when one first has faith.
5. What atonement is.

God Bless Ya,

Tony

C

cirisme

I am sorry for that statement. Please accept my apologies?

Thanks. Please accept my apologies if anything I have said has ofeended you.

It must be this medium. I get really irritated.

I agree. It's really hard to tell the nature of the other person because we can't see each other's faces or tone of voice. Smilies help but hardly go far enough. :)

God Bless,
-AJ

AVmetro

BANNED
Banned
Get back to ya...

Get back to ya...

Hey O2,

o2bwise
Over 500 post club

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online status:

(2.04 posts per day)
Answers To Questions
Hi AV!,

1.)Must sin be punished according to God's nature of justice?
Yes, but I believe the basis for this is other than what you believe. Sin condemns inherently. After all have decided either for or with God, God cannot bear false witness. He reveals to the lost His perfect character, unveiled, which causes them to see their sin, as in a moment. This destroys them.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Yeah, but “in” is a rather subjective term.

And we haven’t even DEFINED atonement!

Nor have we provided the biblical rationale for any one of faith being accounted righteous, all the while he is still a sinner (which is where the penalty comes from).

I’ll end this by stating that I know we see the following differently.

1. What condemns
2. How (whatever) condemns, does so.
3. What salvation is.
4. What the underlying basis for right-standing is, when one first has faith.
5. What atonement is.

God Bless Ya,

Tony

I'll get back to on this so be patient with me.. (new work hours and all ;) )....

How'd you like the avatar?

God bless you in the highest O2,
Jeremiah L.G.

o2bwise

Thank You, Bro

Thank You, Bro

Hi cirisme,

Thanks, man. I know that were I to see you in person, we would "break bread together" and I expect it would be a joyous time!:)

Blessings upon you are yours...

Tony

C

cirisme

I know that were I to see you in person, we would "break bread together" and I expect it would be a joyous time!

When we meet each other in heaven, come up to me and introduce yourself, and we'll do just that.

:)

God bless,
-AJ

AVmetro

BANNED
Banned
Cirsime, 02...

Cirsime, 02...

:up:

Hi cirisme,

Thanks, man. I know that were I to see you in person, we would "break bread together" and I expect it would be a joyous time!

Blessings upon you are yours...

Tony

When we meet each other in heaven, come up to me and introduce yourself, and we'll do just that.

I literally do not want to argue anymore you guys! Let's simply discuss or chit chat ;)

BTW, AV, I like your avatar!

Thanks Cirisme! Maybe one of these days I'll decide on one :D

Oh, by the way AV, I couldn't find the moon...

oh well ;) If you really want it I can give you the address again...:up:

God bless you both in the highest,
Jeremiah

o2bwise

Cirisme : Next Up!

Cirisme : Next Up!

Hey cirisme, bro,

My next reply in this forum will be yours - even if it kills me!

(I hope that lake of fire hasn't swallowed death up yet!!!):)

Take care...

Tony

C

cirisme

AV,
I literally do not want to argue anymore you guys! Let's simply discuss or chit chat

You and I were arguing? I wish someone would have told me I was supposed to argue with you, I would have thrown in some ad-hominems ;)

o2,

My next reply in this forum will be yours - even if it kills me!

Don't kill yourself. My arguement wasn't that convincing ;)