ARCHIVE: The reality of "Hell"

Anastasis

The Hellfire torment has no bigger fans than among the eternal security crowd. You need it guys. It makes eternal security a nessecity and helps legalising that you can do whatever you want. I figured you out.

C

cirisme

I figured you out.

Then either you're really blind or really dumb. I have argued against a literal fiery hell for more than 25 pages.

AVmetro

BANNED
Banned
Wrong again Cirisme!!!

Wrong again Cirisme!!!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I figured you out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then either you're really blind or really dumb. I have argued against a literal fiery hell for more than 25 pages.

Of course it is a FIERY existence!!!!!. WHERE else do the unbaptized children go!!!?? Why I'll go ahead and tell you! It's the first level just as it is in Dante's INSPIRED book!!! :mad:

Last edited:
C

cirisme

Have you cracked up, AV? :rolleyes:

I used to like the boy, now he's all nutty. :D ;) :crackup:

Polycarp

Originally posted by cirisme

Hell is a place of everlasting torment and darkness away from God. It is a place every person should rightly fear to find themselves. Christ intended to make men tremble by the words he used.

Last edited:

AVmetro

BANNED
Banned
Polycarp

Polycarp

Hell is a place of everlasting torment and darkness away from God. It is a place every person should rightly fear to find themselves. Christ intended to make men tremble by the words he used.

Amen. ;)

Anastasis

He wanted to give the saints a good laugh making fun of the Apocalypse of Zepheniah etc and at the same time making a valid point on the resurrection and Sadducae/Pharisee (different theology, yet both false) opposition to it. Those that will not come to the Bible teaching of the soul, but embrace the Babylonian one, will be blinded and lead astray.

AVmetro

BANNED
Banned
Anastasis

Anastasis

He wanted to give the saints a good laugh making fun of the Apocalypse of Zepheniah etc and at the same time making a valid point on the resurrection and Sadducae/Pharisee (different theology, yet both false) opposition to it. Those that will not come to the Bible teaching of the soul, but embrace the Babylonian one, will be blinded and lead astray.

If there is one thing I insist on repeating over and over it is; CONTEXT AND BIBLICAL HARMONIZATION.

....Or in other words; read back through the ENTIRE thread to see you point already discussed and refuted..;)

God bless,
AV

C

cirisme

Anastasis,
still waiting for your proof that I believe in eternal security and that I go to a fire and brimstone church. The second one should be easy to prove/disprove, as I have provided links to my church's website which would provide invaluable evidence.

Good luck, you'll need lots of it.

:D

C

cirisme

Looky there, a brand new hell topic. :D

BTW, Anastasis, still waiting. :p

<cirisme begins taping his foot, with his arms crossed waiting impatiently>

C

cirisme

still waiting for your proof that I believe in eternal security and that I go to a fire and brimstone church.

Just as a side note, even though I am asking proof for these things, I am not making a statement of the negative. In other words, I am not saying that I don't believe in "eternal security" and I am not saying that I don't go to a fire and brimstone church. Neither am I saying that I believe in "eternal security" and that I go to a fire and brimstone church. I am simply saying that unless you have proof, you have no idea my position on either of these topics.

Aimiel

I believe that hell (a place of torment where those who are children of the devil fall into after death, and are subject to his whims; which I believe also used to be {before Christ preached to the saints awaiting His deliverance from there} a leftover remnant of the 'paradise' which G_d placed Adam and Eve into) exists, and will one day be cast into the lake of fire, along with Death (a spirit-being) and Satan. I believe that the Bible says, "...the smoke of their torment ascends forever..." because the flames and their torment are forever. I believe this is necessary, or G_d would not have created such a thing. I believe that everyone has faith ("...unto each man is given the measure of faith...") and what they do with it decides their fate. If we live unto G_d, we will be with Him; if we serve our sinful selves, we will suffer the consequences. Only the Blood of Jesus can save anyone from hell, and the second death, which is the Lake of Fire. These things are not to be doubted, unless one disputes the truth of the Bible, which is simply rejecting G_d. If Jesus spoke more often about hell than He did about Heaven, how can we try to deny its existence? Hell exists, eternal punishment exists, even for all of hell. We ought to take note, and be mindful of our attitude towards those around us, who are slipping into hell every day. We ought to offer them G_d's Plan of Salvation: Jesus.

C

cirisme

Hey, Gandalf!

Where've you been? I was afraid TOL lost you :(

Great to see you around! :thumb:

Don Jr.

Macro bieleaf system

Macro bieleaf system

Today is the day that we as a people of this planet must choose: we must choose heaven, which is man turning tward the light of jesus, and man living forever in harmoney and peace. Or, we as a planet destroy ouselves, and turn this planet into a ball of fire making all that have lived and their lives mute.

C

cirisme

This was too much fun...

This was too much fun...

Will someone please archive this?

Thanks. :cool:

:D

Aimiel

Cirisme: Thanks, no, I am very busy with a new job, which I mentioned on TOL here and there, that the company I was in decided to downsize, and so I was 'downsized,' and found a new job on my very last day of my old one. I am impressed with the new look of TOL, and I like the exchanges even more so. There seems to be an increased inquisitiveness about things eternal in the world in general and here on TOL the threads seem to me to reflect that.

Has your opinion of hell changed, do you now realize that the flames, torment and the smoke arising eternally are actually going to occur; or do you still hold to your un-belief?

Thanks,

Ken

Anastasis

Gandalf, Jesus talked a lot more about "heaven" than "hell". You just dont understand that the Kingdom of heaven isnt somewhere up in the sky but to be set up in the future earth.

This is always nice for a good laugh concerning the correct understanding of Paul's use of in and outside the body;

1 Corinthians 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

AVmetro, you always make me laugh. It is impossible to refute the truth of annihilation. Your doctrines are inferred, made up. You place the damnation of Christ on yourself, so well deserved, listening more to the pharisees than Jesus. Only fools understand Luke 16 literally, because they have to make things up to understand it that way. May your eyes open, if and only if God wishes it so.

;)

Last edited:
C

cirisme

Has your opinion of hell changed, do you now realize that the flames, torment and the smoke arising eternally are actually going to occur; or do you still hold to your un-belief?

Actually, it's the other way around. I used to assume that hell had literal fire, until I was convinced otherwise.

Although, I think it is a very minor difference. Hell is about being completely seperated from God, which is as bad as it gets. Amen?

Anastasis,
It is impossible to refute the truth of annihilation.

Which is why you're about to post a stunning rebuttal to my refutation to it, right? After all, you've had quite some time to write it up... :)

Your doctrines are inferred, made up.

Made up by God? Aboslutely.

Only fools understand Luke 16 literally

It was a symbolic story to demonstrate something literal.

Still waiting for proof for annihiliationism...

Aimiel

I see more warnings against judgement, and sin, and references to hell in Jesus' teachings than the things He taught us about Heaven. Yes, the Kingdom of Heaven is 'at hand,' as Jesus taught. We are the dwelling place of His Spirit. This indwelling presence and responding to Him and moving, living and having our very 'being' in Him is, truly, the Kingdom of Heaven; but Heaven, the Heaven of heavens, where Christ dwells, physically (as well as spiritually) is a very real place. John, in Revelation, measured it. It is 1,400 miles wide, 1,400 miles long and 1,400 miles high. I say it looks like a Borg cube, only much more beautiful than can be imagined.

I am afraid that you don't take into account the reality of hell, which Jesus described as being real, where the rich man told Abraham to send Lazarus to bring him ONE drop of water that he might find relief from the torments of. Jesus was not making this stuff up, and He also taught that the judgement is eternal. The torment is eternal. The judgement of the L_rd is the one thing that most Christians fear, and many of them rightly so, but we should be praying for that judgement to come to us, because of its goodness. Only He can judge rightly. He knows all things, everything that pertains to every soul's actions and words, which will be taken into account before final sentence is passed.