Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Being non-violent and promoting healthy sexual relationships is taught. What is your point, again?

Ah....So everyone needs to be taught not to be a criminal...But we are doing this now?...So what is your point? :AMR:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic here?

There are those who will swallow your remark as gospel....

I'm as being as sarcastic as those who presume to declare that men need to be taught not to be rapists. :plain:

Quetzal

Ah....So everyone needs to be taught not to be a criminal...But we are doing this now?...So what is your point? :AMR:
My point (before you took it upon yourself to butt in) was that Crucible's approach is egocentric and is placing focus in the wrong places.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
My point (before you took it upon yourself to butt in) was that Crucible's approach is egocentric and is placing focus in the wrong places.

My point is that yours is.

This is an open forum.....Get used to people "butting in". :rolleyes:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:baby: I am sorry your ego can't handle it.

I invite you to look up the word term 'Stockholm syndrome', and leave this discussion at that :wave:

Yes, there are some utterly contemptible women out there. I would list the TV program called "The View" as one of the most disgusting abuses of womanhood ever!
But most of us LOVE MEN! We love the men in our families, we love and cherish the good men who are our neighbors, we love and respect those who serve our country and, quite frankly, I just like to look at a good looking man! My Dad was the salt of the earth and lived strong family values, but, as he once said to my mother "I'm not dead yet Frances! A pretty woman is a treat for the eyes!".
My mom just laughed and agreed. She knew that she was his "pretty woman"!

Yeah, 'The View' is pretty ridiculous. I saw them laugh at a man had been castrated by his wife while he was sleeping, and that did it for me.

I'm not saying that all woman are bad. In fact, I believe the majority of them are just fine.
With that said, however, there's an 18% that pushes the things I've been against on this thread right now, and there's those who just cause enmity and open up Pandora's Box on all the men they come across.

And it's become a problem in which, if it's not spoken upon, is just going to evolve into a bigger one. The MRA has recently made victories for men that are basically ignored by the media because the lean towards women is still embedded in societal ideology.

Spitfire

Is this whole thread basically a huge dispute over the meaning of the word "deserve?"

Maybe a lot of other recent threads are too.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That doesn't apply here you self-centered, egotistical brick. Why don't you take your self righteous nonsense and cram it with walnuts, yeah? :thumb:

Be against a notion that I, a man, need to be taught not to rape is..

me being a self-righteous, egotistical brick.

Yeah, your symptoms definitely aren't showing :rolleyes:

bybee

Be against a notion that I, a man, need to be taught not to rape is..

me being a self-righteous, egotistical brick.

Yeah, your symptoms definitely aren't showing :rolleyes:

The point is, not all men possess your sterling qualities. Some men need to be educated in proper behavior. Normally, studies have shown that men who tended to blame the victim in rape changed their tune when shown videos of the suffering and physical damage done to rape victims. Most men are decent human beings. They do not wish to cause harm to another person. Thanks be to God.

lifeisgood

Just because you say it, does not make it so.

Just because you say it, does not make it so.

Do we deserve to hear the Gospel?

Not because I deserve, but because HE DESERVES to be heard.

Mark 16:15 — And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
2 Timothy 4:2 — preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
Matthew 10:7 — "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
Matthew 10:27 — "What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops.
Luke 9:2 — And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing.
Luke 9:60 — But He said to him, "Allow the dead to bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim everywhere the kingdom of God."
Acts 5:20 — "Go, stand and speak to the people in the temple the whole message of this Life."

No, we deserve death and nothing more.

Yes, we do deserve death and nothing more, but guess what, God said 'NO, I, God, have decided that I, God, DESERVE them. So, I, God, will go down to earth and deliver them because I, God, have DECIDED that I, God, want to DESERVE them.'

Why? That is incomprehensible love to me.

And please do not ask for a verse, because there is none that uses these particular words, but when I look at Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary, I ponder, 'Lord, why did you decide that you wanted to deserve such a one as me that you put yourself in such position.' That is love that is INCOMPREHENSIBLE to me.

We do not deserve any of the mercies we receive. We do not deserve the Grace of God.

Agreed.

We deserve more punishment than we receive.

God DOES NOT punish His children; God chastise His children, which is totally different.

Ezra 9:13
And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this;​

PUNISHED 2820. חָשַׂךְ châsak, khaw-sak’; a prim. root; to restrain or (reflex.) refrain; by impl. to refuse, spare, preserve; also (by interch. with 2821) to observe:— assuage, × darken, forbear, hinder, hold back, keep (back), punish, refrain, reserve, spare, withhold.

Strong, J. (1996). The New Strong’s Dictionary of Hebrew and Greek Words. Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Had God punished them, He would have obliterated them a long time ago, however, God decided that He wanted to DELIVER them and He did.

Had God punished us, He would have obliterated us a long time ago, however, God decided that He wanted to DELIVER us and He provided the way for His decision to be accepted.

Man in his conceit has the gall to claim he deserves mercy and grace. It's a sad day when we fall for satan's lie....that we deserve salvation....that we have done anything to deserve God's Mercy and Grace. :sigh:

I do not believe I deserve God's Mercy and Grace.
He has decided that I do. Why? It is love that is INCOMPREHENSIBLE to me that God said, I, God, decided that I, God, want to deserve them and I, God, go to the Cross of Calvary to show them how much I love them.

That is INCOMPREHENSIBLE love to me.

Eternity will not be enough to say:
Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul,
Thank you, Lord, for making me whole;
Thank you, Lord, for giving to me
Thy great salvation so rich and free.

Thank You, Lord
Words and Music by Mr and Mrs Seth Sykes
© 1940, renewal 1968 by Seth Sykes
Assigned to Singspiration/ASCAP
All rights reserved

1 Chronicles 16:34 --- "O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever."

God decided to deal with mankind through the rudiments of Mercy. Once God decided on Mercy, then He placed Himself in the position that He had no other choice but to extend Grace to undeserving mankind.

Many will not understand and there is nothing I can do about it.

Quetzal

The point is, not all men possess your sterling qualities. Some men need to be educated in proper behavior. Normally, studies have shown that men who tended to blame the victim in rape changed their tune when shown videos of the suffering and physical damage done to rape victims. Most men are decent human beings. They do not wish to cause harm to another person. Thanks be to God.
Took the words out of my mouth, good post. :up:

Arthur Brain

glad we cleared that up :thumb:

It was only you that had any confusion on the point.

in broad terms, i would say that anybody, male or female, who chooses to engage in behaviors/choices/actions that they know put themselves at risk of unpleasant consequences have earned those consequences by their actions

Nobody "earns" rape dipstick.

bybee

I'm as being as sarcastic as those who presume to declare that men need to be taught not to be rapists. :plain:

I see....
Are we not required to "train up our children in the way they should go...."? The majority of us are decent responsible citizens likely due to good genetic material but also because we have been taught right from wrong and how to behave in community.

Quetzal

I see....
Are we not required to "train up our children in the way they should go...."? The majority of us are decent responsible citizens likely due to good genetic material but also because we have been taught right from wrong and how to behave in community.
To be fair, on the surface teaching someone "not to rape" is a bit silly. But, as you already pointed out, it isn't simply teaching people that rape is bad. It is about teaching them about what happens after and the extent of the damage caused.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I see....

Right...So teach your daughters not to be murdering prostitutes...AmIRite? :idunno:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

No, the point is, not all women possess your sterling qualities. Some women need to be educated in proper behavior....etc...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.