Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

Young women need to be taught not to be materialistic, cold hearted, sluts. Does anyone find that offensive? Really? Arent you the sterling example of morality? Sarc

That is not offensive. But it is needlessly harsh in the wording.
Most of us, fathers and mothers try to raise our beloved children to be good people. We help them to discern what is good in this life and what to avoid.
I would teach my children to avoid people who use labels such as "cold hearted sluts" since that is used to demean another child of God.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
ya know, i'm really hurt

i bared my soul yesterday and shared my experience of being raped and nobody comforted me :(

i'll repeat it:

The actual definition of rape is here:

http://www.justice.gov/opa/blog/updated-definition-rape

So yes, someone who forces sex on another person is an evil, vicious monster.

:think:

Furthermore, because many rapes are facilitated by drugs or alcohol, the new definition recognizes that a victim can be incapacitated and thus unable to consent because of ingestion of drugs or alcohol.

i demand recognition that my evil, vicious monster of a wife often raped me when i was incapacitated because of ingestion of alcohol and thus was unable to consent! :sibbie:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Saying we need to teach men specifically not to rape is presuming all men are just rapists waiting to go off. You can claim that all men need to be taught this for the few who will and that the other men shouldn't get their egos hurt. But then the same can be said for women.

Women need to be taught not to be prostitutes. The women who aren't shouldn't get their egos hurt.

How about boys and girls being brought up with the same standards and expectations insofar as giving the type of respect and consideration one would wish to given as well as respecting themselves.

One thing I can say for my father (a divorced man who raised my two half brothers on his own until he met and married my mother) is that he didn't have different standards for of his children based on gender.

This article highlights the feminist view on the subject: Women have no responsibility in the matter. Men are at fault. Its offensive to even say that a woman shouldn't be passed out drunk alone at a frat house. No, only the boys should be taught not to rape.

Nope ... that is not offense in the least. It shouldn't be offensive to say men shouldn't be passed out or overly drunk at a frat house either.

What IS offensive is stating that women deserve to be raped. It would be just as offensive as stating that men deserve to be raped. Of course, then again, I believe we can both agree that these topics and the use of the word deserve was done for the sole purpose of being offensive.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
You are making it sound like that is the only card in play, but this is a big poker game. Education regarding rape is important. The legal system being relentless in persecuting rapists is also important. Self control and respect is the most important of all.

:juggle: All the "education" in the world will not help without the empathy to put it into place. I am all for teaching children to develop empathy. If there is not empathy for the victim then fear is the only thing which will keep those whose only drives are self-centered, those who are perpetrators, predators in check. Not all people have empathy....and only to varying degrees in those that do.
The legal system can indeed play a part, but I put it to you that all the things which should be "taught" to male children in hopes to ensure that they do not become rapists are the basics of what any good parent teaches their children in hopes that they do not become a criminal of any sort. If they are not good parents to begin with I doubt that fussing at them about teaching their sons "not to rape" is going to do much good.

ok doser

It would be just as offensive as stating that men deserve to be raped.

i have no problem at all stating that men deserve to be raped

some men, in some circumstances

and if you find that offensive, grab a kleenex and keep it to yourself

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would teach my children to avoid people who use labels such as "cold hearted sluts" since that is used to demean another child of God.

I would also remind them that anyone who uses such words has deep seated issues in regards to women.

Spitfire

I don't believe for one moment there is any misunderstanding in the way the word deserves was used in reference to victims of rape.
I definitely haven't read every post in every thread carefully (ain't nobody got time for that), but it seems to me like he is indeed quite aware of how most people will interpret the word "deserve" in this context and uses that to provoke people and then judge them to be hypocritical (in his own estimation at least) because the word could be interpreted differently.

I guess some of the things I do for fun like playing video games are pretty pointless too.

bybee

How about boys and girls being brought up with the same standards and expectations insofar as giving the type of respect and consideration one would wish to given as well as respecting themselves.

One thing I can say for my father (a divorced man who raised my two half brothers on his own until he met and married my mother) is that he didn't have different standards for of his children based on gender.

Nope ... that is not offense in the least. It shouldn't be offensive to say men shouldn't be passed out or overly drunk at a frat house either.

What IS offensive is stating that women deserve to be raped. It would be just as offensive as stating that men deserve to be raped.

I am so stunned by the reaction of outrage by men on this forum.
As though a woman's thoughts about rape are an immediate accusation thrown at all men? This was certainly not my intent.
I guess the good old boy network defends its own.

bybee

I definitely haven't read every post in every thread carefully (ain't nobody got time for that), but it seems to me like he is indeed quite aware of how most people will interpret the word "deserve" in this context and uses that to provoke people and then judge them (in his own estimation at least) to be hypocritical because the word could be interpreted differently.

I guess some of the things I do for fun like playing video games are pretty pointless too.

You are not harming anyone playing video games.

Quetzal

:juggle: All the "education" in the world will not help without the empathy to put it into place. I am all for teaching children to develop empathy. If there is not empathy for the victim than fear is the only thing which will keep those whose only drives are self-centered, those who are perpetrators, predators in check. Not all people have empathy....and only to varying degrees in those that do.
The legal system can indeed play a part, but I put it to you that all the things which should be "taught" to male children in hopes to ensure that they do not become rapists are the basics of what any good parent teaches their children in hopes that they do not become a criminal of any sort. If they are not good parents to begin with I doubt that fussing at them about teaching their sons "not to rape" is going to do much good.
That is a fair point with no real silver bullet answer, sadly.

ok doser

and we certainly wouldn't want to demean another child of God, would we?

Only out of control animalistic men commit rape.

oh, i see

only woman who act animalistic are children of God

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What IS offensive is stating that women deserve to be raped. It would be just as offensive as stating that men deserve to be raped.

..Or that men need to be taught not to rape.

But who cares if we're offended, right? It's all about YOU :peach:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am so stunned by the reaction of outrage by men on this forum.
As though a woman's thoughts about rape are an immediate accusation thrown at all men? This was certainly not my intent.
I guess the good old boy network defends its own.

Oh, I am well aware that all men do not see rape as a joke or entitlement, nor would they use the word deserve towards the victims.

I would even venture to say that the first thought of most fathers whose daughter is the victim of rape would be to grab their shotgun and go after the monster who committed the act.

GuySmiley

Perfect :thumb:

What IS offensive is stating that women deserve to be raped. It would be just as offensive as stating that men deserve to be raped. Of course, then again, I believe we can both agree that these topics and the use of the word deserve was done for the sole purpose of being offensive.
Always trying to stay on topic!? lol. Not offensive to you, but to hardcore feminists it is. I have a facebook "friend" who was objecting to campus police teaching girls to walk with a friend late at night. She said men just shouldn't rape.

And yes, this whole thread is about abuse of the word 'deserve.'

Status
Not open for further replies.