ECT You Must Purge

jsjohnnt

I said
I didn't know. I was very gentle until she started getting arrogant. I was trying to give her the meat understanding of a verse. But she wouldn't have it.

Your "meat" is her "milk?" So, what is wrong with the milk of the Word?

"I was very gentle until she started getting arrogant." Well, at least we agree that you were not gentle. And "hard hearted," "I thought that you might have been delivered from the spirit that had," (what is this, the spirit of evil, a demon possession, or what?" And, finally, I think this question, "Are you a woman?" was more an insult than an honest question. I mean, look at the context of your question.

Anyway, if you don't agree, just move on. If you see an opportunity to improve, then, do that. I have been dressed down a couple of times, and, instead of telling the accuser to butt out, I took the criticism seriously.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your "meat" is her "milk?" So, what is wrong with the milk of the Word?

"I was very gentle until she started getting arrogant." Well, at least we agree that you were not gentle. And "hard hearted," "I thought that you might have been delivered from the spirit that had," (what is this, the spirit of evil, a demon possession, or what?" And, finally, I think this question, "Are you a woman?" was more an insult than an honest question. I mean, look at the context of your question.

Anyway, if you don't agree, just move on. If you see an opportunity to improve, then, do that. I have been dressed down a couple of times, and, instead of telling the accuser to butt out, I took the criticism seriously.

I said
Are you a woman?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Actually, you asked, "Are you a woman?" But let's not major in minors. Take my comments, or leaven them.

I said
Now how can I trust what you say, if your not willing to tell me the truth about being a man or woman? Are you trying to deceive me and everyone else in here? what else have you been deceiving about? No matter what the answer I'm going to have to decide whether I can trust what you say. And right now I cant.
There is a pretty good chance you are one or the other, so it shouldn't be that hard for you to figure out.

jsjohnnt

I said
Now how can I trust what you say, if your not willing to tell me the truth about being a man or woman? Are you trying to deceive me and everyone else in here? what else have you been deceiving about? No matter what the answer I'm going to have to decide whether I can trust what you say. And right now I cant.
There is a pretty good chance you are one or the other, so it shouldn't be that hard for you to figure out.
What on earth are you talking about?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What on earth are you talking about?

I said
If you cant tell me whether or not your a male or female. That does a whole lot of damage to the trust issue. God separates them and if we are going to be Christians we must follow Gods advice.

jsjohnnt

I said
If you cant tell me whether or not your a male or female. That does a whole lot of damage to the trust issue. God separates them and if we are going to be Christians we must follow Gods advice.
wow. I have heard of the Hegelian dialectic and its model for discovering truth; rules of logic that help determine the truthfulness of a variable propositional statement; the various rules of a sound hermeneutical process. But you have given me a first for the discovery of truth . . . . asking about someone's sex. Interesting. I must admit, I never would have thought of that. Cheers.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
wow. I have heard of the Hegelian dialectic and its model for discovering truth; rules of logic that help determine the truthfulness of a variable propositional statement; the various rules of a sound hermeneutical process. But you have given me a first for the discovery of truth . . . . asking about someone's sex. Interesting. I must admit, I never would have thought of that. Cheers.

I said
The camouflage doesn't answer my question. I don't get it. A simple little question and you give me the big run around.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There are two specific rules to believing. We are to purge everything contrary to these rules.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

kayaker

PURGE (CHANGE YOUR BELIEFS) YOUR MIND OF CARNALITY

To many people try to add scriptural knowledge to their carnal understanding. And all you will come up with is a bunch of confusion. You must purge(change your beliefs) in order to learn from the Holy Spirit.

It sounds like you're describing Scriptural repentance, Squeaky. Either that or you're maybe suggesting a spiritual lobotomy. I suggest the purging is done by the Holy Spirit as the Holy Spirit leads one into the light of truth, meat understanding as you refer to. One must be willing to consider renderings in addition to those harbored in order for the Holy Spirit to bring new meaning into consideration.

The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. I've asked several TOL'ers (and other formally educated theologians) what the two divine testimonies were of these two Divine witnesses (John 8:17, 18). In a very abstract sense, I find these two Divine witnesses as those referred to in Revelations. Witnesses testify, Squeaky. Those two testimonies, convert believers (John 8:30 KJV) into disciples of Jesus (John 8:31 KJV) hearing these two testimonies, "And ye (believers) shall know the truth (two testimonies), and the truth shall make you free (disciples)" John 8:32 KJV. That sounds much like what you refer to as purging, while no one to my knowledge can erase their cognitive hard drives. False renderings are overwritten with truth. I find these two testimonies a few verses later in John:

John 8:38 KJV "I speak that which I have seen with my Father (Jesus was an eye witness): and ye (Jesus' detractors) do that which ye have seen with your father."

What explicit and succinct event did Jesus see, as an eye witness, with His Father?

John 8:40 KJV "But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham."

What explicit and succinct truth did Jesus hear from God (God is the second witness) that even Abraham didn't hear?

So, you might want to give these questions a try, Squeaky. Also, you might want to offer up a few pivotal verses that are only 'carnally' perceived, that you find a deeper 'meat understanding.' I can actually offer up a number of such pivotal verses. I hear you preaching milk v. meat, respectfully. Then, give those two questions a try, and maybe offer some pivotal meat understandings the audience only perceives from a carnal milk understanding.

kayaker

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It sounds like you're describing Scriptural repentance, Squeaky. Either that or you're maybe suggesting a spiritual lobotomy. I suggest the purging is done by the Holy Spirit as the Holy Spirit leads one into the light of truth, meat understanding as you refer to. One must be willing to consider renderings in addition to those harbored in order for the Holy Spirit to bring new meaning into consideration.

The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. I've asked several TOL'ers (and other formally educated theologians) what the two divine testimonies were of these two Divine witnesses (John 8:17, 18). In a very abstract sense, I find these two Divine witnesses as those referred to in Revelations. Witnesses testify, Squeaky. Those two testimonies, convert believers (John 8:30 KJV) into disciples of Jesus (John 8:31 KJV) hearing these two testimonies, "And ye (believers) shall know the truth (two testimonies), and the truth shall make you free (disciples)" John 8:32 KJV. That sounds much like what you refer to as purging, while no one to my knowledge can erase their cognitive hard drives. False renderings are overwritten with truth. I find these two testimonies a few verses later in John:

John 8:38 KJV "I speak that which I have seen with my Father (Jesus was an eye witness): and ye (Jesus' detractors) do that which ye have seen with your father."

What explicit and succinct event did Jesus see, as an eye witness, with His Father?

John 8:40 KJV "But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham."

What explicit and succinct truth did Jesus hear from God (God is the second witness) that even Abraham didn't hear?

So, you might want to give these questions a try, Squeaky. Also, you might want to offer up a few pivotal verses that are only 'carnally' perceived, that you find a deeper 'meat understanding.' I can actually offer up a number of such pivotal verses. I hear you preaching milk v. meat, respectfully. Then, give those two questions a try, and maybe offer some pivotal meat understandings the audience only perceives from a carnal milk understanding.

kayaker

I said
Every one has thoughts in their mind. You cant stop them. But we can find out where there from. Or at least from which spirits are giving them to us. A lot of people have told me how to teach others. But it doesn't work like that. I'm not here to teach, only to demonstrate the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the only teacher.

1 Cor 3:1-9
1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
When the Holy Spirit gives someone a verse. There is power in the verse to purge all their carnal thoughts at that time. They have a choice in believing the Holy Spirit and verses. Or listening to their carnal thoughts and reasoning.

kayaker

Well, I asked for a demonstration. You said you were not here to teach, but to demonstrate. Those questions regarding the two testimonies is an opportunity to demonstrate how you allegedly possess something this audience doesn't have, even provide your own pivotal verses to demonstrate your meat understanding. Consider Jesus' words spoken exclusively to His DISCIPLES:

Matthew 13:10, 11, 12, KJV "And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them (believers, not disciples) in parables? 11) He answered and said unto them (disciples), Because it is given unto you (disciples) to know the mysteries (meat understanding) of the kingdom of heaven, but to them (believers) it is not given."

So, what you're preaching here is already on the Books, Squeaky. You give the impression you have the Holy Spirit... so, render up those two testimonies and demonstrate that you do. Who was Paul explicitly referring to in Romans 9:6 KJV, Romans 9:7 KJV? They were not Edomites, Ishmaelites, Israelites, and definitely not Gentiles. Put a name on Paul's subject, and demonstrate you have meat understanding.

See... when I buy a car, I like to take it for a test drive. You're selling your wares exalting yourself for others to somehow follow, but you won't even crank the engine. Quite shifting from foot to foot, Squeaky. Either demonstrate, or submit that you're merely exalting yourself, sounding much like Matthew 24:24 KJV.

kayaker

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, I asked for a demonstration. You said you were not here to teach, but to demonstrate. Those questions regarding the two testimonies is an opportunity to demonstrate how you allegedly possess something this audience doesn't have, even provide your own pivotal verses to demonstrate your meat understanding. Consider Jesus' words spoken exclusively to His DISCIPLES:

Matthew 13:10, 11, 12, KJV "And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them (believers, not disciples) in parables? 11) He answered and said unto them (disciples), Because it is given unto you (disciples) to know the mysteries (meat understanding) of the kingdom of heaven, but to them (believers) it is not given."

So, what you're preaching here is already on the Books, Squeaky. You give the impression you have the Holy Spirit... so, render up those two testimonies and demonstrate that you do. Who was Paul explicitly referring to in Romans 9:6 KJV, Romans 9:7 KJV? They were not Edomites, Ishmaelites, Israelites, and definitely not Gentiles. Put a name on Paul's subject, and demonstrate you have meat understanding.

See... when I buy a car, I like to take it for a test drive. You're selling your wares exalting yourself for others to somehow follow, but you won't even crank the engine. Quite shifting from foot to foot, Squeaky. Either demonstrate, or submit that you're merely exalting yourself, sounding much like Matthew 24:24 KJV.

kayaker

Rom 9:6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel,
Rom 9:7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, "IN ISAAC YOUR SEED SHALL BE CALLED."
Rom 9:8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.

Many of the wrong flesh were the children of promise.

They came from all backgrounds.

Anyone who desired to enter into the covenant and kept it.

On the other hand many of the right flesh were cast out.

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

kayaker

I said
I am subject to the Holy Spirit, He is not subject to me. He is not some kind of carnival side show act. That your trying to turn Him into.

Matt 7:5-6
5 "Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.
6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
(NKJ)

You being a Jew seems to be a pretty good reason why the Holy Spirit isn't playing your games, to me.

kayaker

Rom 9:6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel,
Rom 9:7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, "IN ISAAC YOUR SEED SHALL BE CALLED."
Rom 9:8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.

Many of the wrong flesh were the children of promise.

They came from all backgrounds.

Anyone who desired to enter into the covenant and kept it.

On the other hand many of the right flesh were cast out.

LA

I appreciate your post, LA. Still, Paul was not talking about Edomites, Ishmaelites, Israelites, and definitely not Gentiles. Can you put an ancestral title to Paul's subject in Romans 9:7 KJV? Paul used the distinguishing titles, "children" and "seed":

Romans 9:6, 7, KJV "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are NOT ALL Israel, which are OF Israel: 7) Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children (of Abraham): but, In Isaac shall thy SEED be called (Genesis 21:12 KJV)."​

We’ve totally gotten the part that “In Isaac shall thy SEED be called,” LA, all the way back to Genesis, in fact. Please allow me to be more specific in my question: Who were “they” who Paul was describing? “They" were seed, but not children of Abraham. “They” were not Edomites, Ishmaelites, Israelites, and definitely not Gentiles. Who were “they”, LA?

Paul talked about the Edomites in Romans 9:11, 12, 13. He talked about the Ishmaelites in Galatians 4:22, 23. He talked about the Israelites in Romans 9:9, 10. And, Paul talked about the Gentiles in Romans 2:14, 15. Can you put an ancestral title on “them”? Who were “they”, LA?

If I may be so presumptuous, please allow me to boldly toss out a Scriptural clue. Please keep in mind Paul’s particular use of the titles, “seed” and “children,” as “those” who were instigating Jesus’ crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV) told Jesus:

John 8:33 KJV “They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?​

Okay… “They” were definitely NOT Israelites who had definitely been in bondage in Egypt. That’s one contemporary component of Israelite exoneration (John 8:32 KJV). Who were “they”, LA? What is their ancestral title?

Maintaining distinction between “seed” and “children, Paul was following suit (Romans 9:7 KJV) as Jesus continued His dialogue with “those” premeditating His crucifixion:

John 8:37 KJV “I know that ye are Abraham’s SEED…”​

Jesus affirmed His detractors, who were NOT Israelites, Jesus affirmed his detractors were Abraham’s “seed”, distinctly. As Paul followed suit, Jesus now transitioned the identity of His detractors from being the “seed” of Abraham, to NOT being the “children” of Abraham:

John 8:39 KJV “They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s CHILDREN, ye would do the works of Abraham.”​

Did you capture the subtle distinction that Jesus’ detractors were the “seed” of Abraham, but not the “children” of Abraham? Paul followed Jesus' "seed" v. "children" distinction in Romans:

Romans 9:6, 7, KJV "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are NOT ALL Israel, which are OF Israel: 7) Neither, because they are the SEED of Abraham (John 8:37 KJV), are they all CHILDREN (of Abraham) (John 8:39 KJV)..."​

Please put an ancestral title on “those” NON-Israelites (John 8:33 KJV) who instigated Jesus’ crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV, Romans 9:6 KJV), and who were indeed the “seed” of Abraham (John 8:37), but not the “children” of Abraham (John 8:39 KJV, Romans 9:7 KJV).

Romans 9:7 KJV “Neither because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children (of Abraham)…”​

Who were “they”, LA? Not Edomites, Ishmaelites, Israelites, and definitely not Gentiles. Specifically, succinctly, and ancestrally… who were they, LA?

kayaker

kayaker

I said
I am subject to the Holy Spirit, He is not subject to me. He is not some kind of carnival side show act. That your trying to turn Him into.

Matt 7:5-6
5 "Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.
6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
(NKJ)

You being a Jew seems to be a pretty good reason why the Holy Spirit isn't playing your games, to me.

You crack me up, totally, Squeaky! Who was Jesus talking to in Matthew? "They" were the same folk I've asked LA to specifically, succinctly, and ancestrally identify in the above post. Jesus called His NON-Israelite detractors "Hypocrites!" seven times in Matthew 23:13, 14, 15, 23, 25, 27, 29. The fact of the matter is, Squeaky, you don't know who "they" are, either. Furthermore, that's why you exaltingly and ignorantly accuse the brethren of not having something you can't demonstrate that you allegedly have.

Jesus' detractors had a beam in their eye. Then, there were those believers subject to Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12, that Jesus referred to speaking exclusively to His DISCIPLES in Matthew 13:10, 11, 12, 13, Matthew 13:14 KJV, Matthew 13:15 KJV, Matthew 13:16, 17.

I entirely invite your comment about me being a Jew. Wasn't Jesus a Jew? Then, when we 'put on' Christ, are we not Jews? The sad fact is that you've been so totally absorbed exalting yourself with Scripture, unable to demonstrate your alleged possession of the Holy Spirit, that you don't know sheep from shinola (Revelation 2:9, 3:9). Answer the post to LA, Squeaky... who were "they"? That's important... Revelations 3:10 KJV, not your exalted state of mind that you cannot demonstrate.

kayaker

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You crack me up, totally, Squeaky! Who was Jesus talking to in Matthew? "They" were the same folk I've asked LA to specifically, succinctly, and ancestrally identify in the above post. Jesus called His NON-Israelite detractors "Hypocrites!" seven times in Matthew 23:13, 14, 15, 23, 25, 27, 29. The fact of the matter is, Squeaky, you don't know who "they" are, either. Furthermore, that's why you exaltingly and ignorantly accuse the brethren of not having something you can't demonstrate that you allegedly have.

Jesus' detractors had a beam in their eye. Then, there were those believers subject to Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12, that Jesus referred to speaking exclusively to His DISCIPLES in Matthew 13:10, 11, 12, 13, Matthew 13:14 KJV, Matthew 13:15 KJV, Matthew 13:16, 17.

I entirely invite your comment about me being a Jew. Wasn't Jesus a Jew? Then, when we 'put on' Christ, are we not Jews? The sad fact is that you've been so totally absorbed exalting yourself with Scripture, unable to demonstrate your alleged possession of the Holy Spirit, that you don't know sheep from shinola (Revelation 2:9, 3:9). Answer the post to LA, Squeaky... who were "they"? That's important... Revelations 3:10 KJV, not your exalted state of mind that you cannot demonstrate.

kayaker

I said
Well He gives me the same verse as before with you.

Matt 7:6
(NKJ)

kayaker

I said
Well He gives me the same verse as before with you.

(NKJ)

These verses have been on the Books for more than a few years. You profess some exalted meat understanding, Squeaky... I'm asking for a demonstration as you continue to shift from foot to foot, playing smoke and mirror games. You cannot explain the two Divine testimonies (John 8:17, 18, John 8:38 KJV, John 8:40 KJV). Well, to cut you a little slack... I can't get the explanation of these two testimonies from Mdiv/PhD theologians, either. Then, you cannot succinctly and specifically put an ancestral title on who Paul was referring to in Romans 9:6, 7 (I've got the Israelite portion). How about your meat understanding that those who instigated the crucifixion were NOT Israelites in John 8:33 KJV? Since not Israelites, Squeaky... explicitly and succinctly explain the ancestry of those who instigated Jesus' crucifixion. From whom did the Gentiles originate since the landing of the Ark? What did Ham do in Noah's tent?

You won't put your alleged meat understanding on the table. Why is that, Squeaky? Where's you faith, other than in yourself? You claim meat understanding, looking down your long boney nose at the great unwashed feeding on milk... but, don't toss even a morsel of your alleged meat understanding on the table? You're a Monday morning spiritual quarterback. I toss the ball, and you run for the bleachers to talk about yesterday's Newspaper. I can read, Squeaky. I have a CD recording of the Bible. So, what are you offering except your own edification, rather exaltation?

kayaker

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
These verses have been on the Books for more than a few years. You profess some exalted meat understanding, Squeaky... I'm asking for a demonstration as you continue to shift from foot to foot, playing smoke and mirror games. You cannot explain the two Divine testimonies (John 8:17, 18, John 8:38 KJV, John 8:40 KJV). Well, to cut you a little slack... I can't get the explanation of these two testimonies from Mdiv/PhD theologians, either. Then, you cannot succinctly and specifically put an ancestral title on who Paul was referring to in Romans 9:6, 7 (I've got the Israelite portion). How about your meat understanding that those who instigated the crucifixion were NOT Israelites in John 8:33 KJV? Since not Israelites, Squeaky... explicitly and succinctly explain the ancestry of those who instigated Jesus' crucifixion. From whom did the Gentiles originate since the landing of the Ark? What did Ham do in Noah's tent?

You won't put your alleged meat understanding on the table. Why is that, Squeaky? Where's you faith, other than in yourself? You claim meat understanding, looking down your long boney nose at the great unwashed feeding on milk... but, don't toss even a morsel of your alleged meat understanding on the table? You're a Monday morning spiritual quarterback. I toss the ball, and you run for the bleachers to talk about yesterday's Newspaper. I can read, Squeaky. I have a CD recording of the Bible. So, what are you offering except your own edification, rather exaltation?

kayaker

I said
I'm thinking He doesn't like your attitude.
(NKJ)