ECT Would MAD be more accepted if Gal 2:7 were not in the text

musterion

Surely you jest,

Joel 3:13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Joel 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

Joel 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Joel 3:17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Joel 3:18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.

Joel 3:19 Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.

Joel 3:20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.

Joel 3:21 For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

AD 70. I have it on very good Catholic authority that it all already took place.

musterion

I've already said all I can to you on the matter.

So if my daughters believe the Gospel but never get water baptized and never desire to, will they be saved?

john w

Hall of Fame

Wow, Diablos! Youn stunned all of TOL with that "never before heard" "shut down" "argument." We are speechless.

What's next? "Don't you believe the bible?"

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. (Joh 18:36 KJV)

John 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Read, and believe "but now."

So there. Clueless. Please, have a seat, until I call on you.

john w

Hall of Fame
AD 70. I have it on very good Catholic authority that it all already took place.

Craigie learned that from his infallible men that he claims he follows-Wikipedia, and Flavey Joe. He claims that no one ever taught him this AD 70 "invention"(he taught me that stunner), as he obtained it from the bible.

Right, Craigie?

Dialogos

Wow, Diablos! Youn stunned all of TOL with....
No one cares. :yawn:

John W said:
Read, and believe "but now."

So there. Clueless. Please, have a seat, until I call on you.
You're a hoot John.

I don't think a diploma from clown college qualifies you to teach theology though...

:zakath:

If you can't keep from making direct contradictions of the scripture, you are of no help to anyone.

Nang said:
Christ's Kingdom is not of this world.
You replied:
John W said:
No scripture says that, evil PigPen.

Clearly anyone who could say that, given that Nang is "quoting" John 18:36, isn't familiar enough with their bible to be teaching anyone.

SaulToPaul 2

I don't think a diploma from clown college qualifies you to teach theology though...

John graduated from the Institute of Sloppy Exegesis and Eisegesis of Akron Ohio, magna *** laude. And I graduated praise the laude. We sat at the feet of Dr Harrison Everett Breen.

heir

TOL Subscriber
LOL, you do realize that for Zechariah, the cross was forward, right?
You do realize that Acts 3:19-21 KJV, Romans 11:26-27 KJV and 1 John 1:9 are all in accord with Zechariah 13:1 KJV and they are all after the cross...

Once again, "when" is not a good translation for the Greek word "ὅπως. "That" or "so that" is the accurate translation. This is why the NKJV corrected the KJV and says:

""Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, (Act 3:19 NKJ)"

You are making a bad translation of this verse carry an aweful lot of freight for your theology.
typical blunder by just another run of the mill Bible corrector. Here are the very next verses for you to believe not and change as you are not corrected by the word of God, but think you have the authority to correct it and Him.

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Yup, and that happens when?

If we confess our sins (in the present) then God will forgive us our sins (in the present) and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (in the present.)
You've been spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV) by the religious hijacking of 1 John 1:9 KJV.

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself not imputing our trespasses unto us (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! We have been forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV). We have the righteousness of God upon us (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). You don't believe that either as you think 1 John 1:9 applies to us. You've been robbed (Ephesians 4:14 KJV)!

First of all, we have another incident of Paul quoting the OT, Isaiah 59:20.

So Paul quotes using the tense of the time of writing just as Matthew 1:23 recounts the angel quoting Isaiah 7:4 and uses the tense of the time of writing.

"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son..."

The quotation says that the virgins conception is future, even though we know that the virgin has already conceived a son by the time the angel approached Joseph.

So to Paul quotes Isaiah 59 knowing that the Deliverer has already come out of Zion. He quotes it to show that Jesus fulfilled it!
That's not going to work on me no matter what your favorite deceitful worker has told you from behind the pulpit. It's future for Israel as Israel fell, diminished and was cast away for a reason and for a season. Romans 9, 10, 11 is a microcosm of their past, (then) present and future. Romans 11:26-27 KJV has not happened yet.

BTW, is that where you think Jesus will come from when He returns, or will He come from heaven?

The Deliverer has already come out of Zion. His birth fulfilled that.
Joel 2:16-21 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
Right, so you are going to totally ignore post 245 and run like a coward?

When you start answering some of my questions, I'll return the favor.

"run like a coward?...When you start answering some of my questions, I'll return the favor"

The hit parade of cliches marches on...

john w

Hall of Fame
No one cares. :yawn:

You're a hoot John.

:zakath:

If you can't keep from making direct contradictions of the scripture, you are of no help to anyone.

Nang said:

You replied:

Clearly anyone who could say that, given that Nang is "quoting" John 18:36, isn't familiar enough with their bible to be teaching anyone.

Slower, rummy. No scripture says that Christ's kingdom's is not of this world.

"but now."

Again, have a seat, until I call on you. I'm the director here, having authority, power....You are the dancer, sitting at my feet. I will recognize you soon. Be patient.