ECT WILL PENTECOSTALS TELL US WHY ??

DAN P

I understand what they say but I'm trying to understand it from your point of view. The question off the top of my head is, what did Jesus mean here?
Matt. 16:18 I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church ; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

If I understand you correctly, it was already built.

Hi , and all Pentecostals can not help you as they do not understand what a Timeline is , nor know if Matt 16:18 is in Past Tense , Present Tense or in the Future Tense , an talk about confusing .

Be glad to help you any time !

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and all that do not understand Matt 16:18 , " I WILL BUILD " is in the FUTURE tENSE , aCTIVE vOICE and in the Indicative Mood !

#1 , This means it is still WAITING to be built !!

#2 , The Active Voice means that the Subject is ( Jesus ) is producing the action of doing the BUILDING !

#3 The Indicative Mood means that what you read in Matt 16:18 is a FACT !!

DAN P

I agree. So if I understand your viewpoint, the "body" or "church" was planned but not built until after Jesus death, burial and resurrection. So when do you see it established?

andyc

Hi , and all Pentecostals can not help you as they do not understand what a Timeline is , nor know if Matt 16:18 is in Past Tense , Present Tense or in the Future Tense , an talk about confusing .

Be glad to help you any time !

dan p

The church was born when the Holy Spirit was poured out.

So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

DAN P

I agree. So if I understand your viewpoint, the "body" or "church" was planned but not built until after Jesus death, burial and resurrection. So when do you see it established?

Hi and if Israel had accepted their Messiah , the Jacobs Trouble or the first 3 1/2 years of the Great Tribulation would have started <

But Israel rejected Jesus and the Holy Spirit and Israel was set aside in Acts 13:46 , Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 .

Then Christ called Paul by Grace and saved him Gal 1:15 and then began the Dispensation of the Frace of God , 1 Cor 9:17 , Rom 16:25 and 26 and Col 1:25 and 26 !

Now we are all saved by Grace in Eph 2:8 and 9 !!

Paul was the FIRST / PROTOS saved and placed into the Body of Christ 1 Tim 1:15 and 26 !!

dan p

andyc

Hi and if Israel had accepted their Messiah , the Jacobs Trouble or the first 3 1/2 years of the Great Tribulation would have started <

But Israel rejected Jesus and the Holy Spirit and Israel was set aside in Acts 13:46 , Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 .

Then Christ called Paul by Grace and saved him Gal 1:15 and then began the Dispensation of the Frace of God , 1 Cor 9:17 , Rom 16:25 and 26 and Col 1:25 and 26 !

Paul was the FIRST / PROTOS saved and placed into the Body of Christ 1 Tim 1:15 and 26 !!

dan p

Nope

1Tim 1:15-17
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

You need to put your books away and reed the bible. "First" is not talking about first in time, but first in rank. The words "chief" and "first" are translated from the Greek word "proto". And it is obvious that Paul is talking about him being the first in rank where sinners are concerned. He regarded himself as the worst / chief of sinners, and so if Paul could be forgiven, anyone could be, because with Paul, Jesus showed all longsuffering.

You are looking for MAD everywhere in the bible, and just not finding it.

DAN P

Nope

1Tim 1:15-17
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

You need to put your books away and reed the bible. "First" is not talking about first in time, but first in rank. The words "chief" and "first" are translated from the Greek word "proto". And it is obvious that Paul is talking about him being the first in rank where sinners are concerned. He regarded himself as the worst / chief of sinners, and so if Paul could be forgiven, anyone could be, because with Paul, Jesus showed all longsuffering.

You are looking for MAD everywhere in the bible, and just not finding it.

Hi , and FIRST / PROTO means first and in also translate BEGINNING in John 2:10 and chief , I do not accept YOUR KJV-ONLY translation as the Greek text does not support your Irrevelant or Illogical BLOVIATING !!

In Phil 3:17 the Holy Spirit says that PAUL " concering Righteousness of the Law is BLAMELESS !!!!!!!:crackup::crackup:

Leave Peter's Gospel as you are FALLEN from Grace , Gal 5:4 !!

DAN P

andyc

Hi , and FIRST / PROTO means first and in also translate BEGINNING in John 2:10 and chief , I do not accept YOUR KJV-ONLY translation as the Greek text does not support your Irrevelant or Illogical BLOVIATING !!

In Phil 3:17 the Holy Spirit says that PAUL " concering Righteousness of the Law is BLAMELESS !!!!!!!:crackup::crackup:

Leave Peter's Gospel as you are FALLEN from Grace , Gal 5:4 !!

DAN P

Very silly comment.

Paul actually tells you why he's the first of sinners, and it is not according to time, it's because he regards himself as the worst of the lot. The first in rank.

DAN P

Very silly comment.

Paul actually tells you why he's the first of sinners, and it is not according to time, it's because he regards himself as the worst of the lot. The first in rank.

Hi , and I give verses of scripture and you give me SILLY !!

So , explain Phil 3:5 and 6 and I see that you speak BUNKUM !!

The Kitchen is to Hot for you , leave the KITCHEN and explain scripture !!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

turbosixx

dan p

Ok, I'm trying to follow your line of thinking. Here is my problem with Paul being the first to be added to the body.

Can we agree that the church and the body are one? If so, then Christ purchased the church with his blood. Acts 20:28....to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. So after his D,B & R he tells the apostles how to make Christians. Matt. 28:19 G"o therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them"

So in your understanding, what were these people added to? Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

DAN P

Ok, I'm trying to follow your line of thinking. Here is my problem with Paul being the first to be added to the body.

Can we agree that the church and the body are one? If so, then Christ purchased the church with his blood. Acts 20:28....to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. So after his D,B & R he tells the apostles how to make Christians. Matt. 28:19 G"o therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them"

So in your understanding, what were these people added to? Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Hi , and I have to go and will reply on Wednesday , BUT HERE IS THE FIRST CLUE , what does the Greek word ETHNOS / GENTILE mean in Matt 28:19 and why were the 12 to teach those who believed ??

Maybe LAZY OR rev/pete can help you !! I don't think so !!:crackup::crackup::crackup:

dan p

Last edited:

turbosixx

Hi , and I have to go and will amser on Wensday , BUT HERE IS THE FIRST CLUE , what dpe the Greek word ETHNOS / GENTILE mean in Matt 28:19 and whay were the 12 to teach those who believed ??

Maybe LAZY OR rev/pete can help you !! I don't think so !!:crackup::crackup::crackup:

dan p

ethnos: a race, a nation, pl. the nations (as distinct from Isr.)
Original Word: ἔθνος, ους, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: ethnos
Phonetic Spelling: (eth'-nos)
Short Definition: a race, people, the Gentiles
Definition: a race, people, nation; the nations, heathen world, Gentiles.

Same word is used here describing the judgement:
Matt. 25: 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;

I'm not seeing your point.

turbosixx

I see where the Jews rejected what they were offered but I don't see any words that say they were set aside. You know greek better than I, are there greek words that mean that in these passages?

turbosixx

Hi , and you have seen that ETHNOS is a Transliteraltion and can be tanslated by many English words .

What makes you believe that Greek word ETHNOS in Matt 28:19 means GENTILES ??

Matt 10:5 , Jesus tells His disciples NOT to go to GENTILES / ETHNOS , Why is that ?

What say you ?

ETHNOS can also mean Jewish Nation !!

THINK !!

dan p

ethnos: a race, a nation, pl. the nations (as distinct from Isr.)
If we plug in the definition we get.

19Go therefore and make disciples of all the races,
19Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,
19Go therefore and make disciples of all the people,

If we look at Mark to get another view:
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

It looks like to me it's everyone in the world. All races, nations and all people.

Doesn't this include everyone in the world?
Rom. 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Am I missing your point?

turbosixx

Matt 10:5 , Jesus tells His disciples NOT to go to GENTILES / ETHNOS , Why is that ?

What say you ?

The reason Jesus sent them out to the Jews only is because who was looking for the messiah? They were the ones who had the prophecies and knew what to look for to validate his arrival.
Acts 17:.... and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and giving evidence that the Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and saying, "This Jesus whom I am proclaiming to you is the Christ."

ETHNOS can also mean Jewish Nation !!

THINK !!

dan p

It can and does, but here it's not only the Jewish nation. It says "all".

DAN P

The reason Jesus sent them out to the Jews only is because who was looking for the messiah? They were the ones who had the prophecies and knew what to look for to validate his arrival.
Acts 17:.... and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and giving evidence that the Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and saying, "This Jesus whom I am proclaiming to you is the Christ."

It can and does, but here it's not only the Jewish nation. It says "all".

Hi and we are taking about Matt 28:19 are we not ?

You will not answer what Matt 28:19 means ?

You and I have written what ETHNOS will be and can be translated ?

Pentecostals will never explain Matt 10:5 , nor verse 7 , for the Context of the Gospels is all OT , and if it not OT , what testament is it written TO ??

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You and I have written what ETHNOS will be and can be translated ?

Pentecostals will never explain Matt 10:5 , nor verse 7 , for the Context of the Gospels is all OT , and if it not OT , what testament is it written TO ??

dan p

Jesus was raised up under the old covenant but he ministered from/in the Spirit of the new covenant.

LA

revpete

I see what your saying but here is my problem. Jesus tells the apostles how to make Christians and then the apostles go out and do just that:

Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them...

Apostles and others doing as instructed:

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news.... they were being baptized

Acts 16:32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. 33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

Even the apostle Paul, after all he had seen and done, still had his sins until he was baptized:

Acts 22:16 Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'

All I know is what the bible tells me. Jesus said make disciples by baptizing them, and then that is what we see. Water and the spirit.

If conversion happens before baptism, then why is it that all conversions, with any detail, end in baptism. Is that how Christians are being added today?

Hi,

Notice they are disciples first and baptism follows. In the Acts 2:38 scripture again repentance precedes baptism. God given repentance leads to conversion and what precedes repentance is Holy Spirit conviction of sin which is not mentioned in this verse. However, just because something is not mentioned does not mean that it doesn't happen. In the matter of conversion one has to take the whole of the NT teaching into account. Remember Peter and the other believers had just spilled out into the street and he was explaining what had happened and in that context he meant the filling of The Holy Spirit and not the conversion experience when one is baptised into The Body of Christ by The Holy Spirit.

Disciples are made by preaching the gospel and people being converted and then being baptised in water, then continuing to grow in grace. Hope this helps 🙏

Pete 👤

turbosixx

I'm having to assume what your point is. I guess you want ETHNOS to mean the Jews only. Is that correct?

I'm not trying to be smart, but this is what I understand it to mean:
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

turbosixx

Hi,

Notice they are disciples first and baptism follows. In the Acts 2:38 scripture again repentance precedes baptism.

I agree, as far as I can see, everything in conversion is preceded by baptism except receiving the HS which comes with baptism. If we look at the order in Acts 2:38 "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

God given repentance leads to conversion and what precedes repentance is Holy Spirit conviction of sin which is not mentioned in this verse. However, just because something is not mentioned does not mean that it doesn't happen. In the matter of conversion one has to take the whole of the NT teaching into account.

Totally agree.

Disciples are made by preaching the gospel and people being converted and then being baptised in water, then continuing to grow in grace. Hope this helps &#55357;&#56911; Pete &#55357;&#56420;

That is the process I see in scripture except I see the conversion is complete after baptism. I only know what I read, here is the order Jesus laid out:
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

And here is an example of that order:
Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. 36As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, "Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?" 37[And Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."] 38And he ordered the chariot to stop; and they both went down into the water, Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away;