ECT WILL PENTECOSTALS TELL US WHY ??

andyc

Hi and you Acts 2 people always do this and use Paul to prove a theology under Kingdom preaching , nothing new here !!:bang::bang:

dan p

There's not supposed to be anything new. People like Bullinger introduced the new, and you just swallow it.

DAN P

There's not supposed to be anything new. People like Bullinger introduced the new, and you just swallow it.

Hi and you really believe that Dispensationalism came from BULLINGER ??

Prove it !!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

And Paul is wrong in Col 1:25 and verse 26 and in Eph 3:2

:chuckle::chuckle:

Which CAME first PAUL or BULLINGER ?:bang::bang:

DAN P

andyc

Hi and you really believe that Dispensationalism came from BULLINGER ??

Prove it !!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

And Paul is wrong in Col 1:25 and verse 26 and in Eph 3:2

:chuckle::chuckle:

Which CAME first PAUL or BULLINGER ?:bang::bang:

DAN P

Colossians 1:25
of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,

What was the word that was fulfilled through Paul's ministry?

As for Bullinger, he is the daddy of hyper dispensationalists, as he is the first person who taught that the church age (BOC) didn't officially begin until Acts 28. And so the two gospel heresy was born with him, and has since been tweaked through the years.

DAN P

Colossians 1:25
of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,

What was the word that was fulfilled through Paul's ministry?

As for Bullinger, he is the daddy of hyper dispensationalists, as he is the first person who taught that the church age (BOC) didn't officially begin until Acts 28. And so the two gospel heresy was born with him, and has since been tweaked through the years.

Hi , and BULLINGER was never given a DISPENSATION as Paul was in 1 Cor 9:17 .

Verse 25 , Paul was given to FULFILL /PIEROO is in the Aorist Tense and given to Paul ONLY to fulfill the WORD OF GOD !!

The Greek word for " WORD /LOGOS , to fulfill the words given to him by God Himself !!:chuckle::chuckle:

You did not answer of who came first , PAUL or BULLINGER ,:chuckle::chuckle: LOL

DAN P

andyc

Hi , and BULLINGER was never given a DISPENSATION as Paul was in 1 Cor 9:17 .

Nevertheless, the birth of the two gospel idea started with Bullinger, unless you are able to point someone earlier.

Verse 25 , Paul was given to FULFILL /PIEROO is in the Aorist Tense and given to Paul ONLY to fulfill the WORD OF GOD !!

The Greek word for " WORD /LOGOS , to fulfill the words given to him by God Himself !!:chuckle::chuckle:

You did not answer of who came first , PAUL or BULLINGER ,:chuckle::chuckle: LOL

DAN P

Yes it's first aorist because Paul is talking about the stewardship given to him. Everyone is a steward of the things given to them by God.
However, you are deceptively trying to imply that it is the message that was given to him alone, because this is what you want to see, not what scripture is actually saying.
If the message was given to Paul alone in order for Paul alone to fulfill, why didn't he fulfill it? It wasn't Paul who brought the message to the Colossians. oooops
A little oversight on your part. It was probably Epaphras (Col 1:6-7).

Therefore it is not the message given to Paul only, but the stewardship of the gospel in which he understood by revelation, as everyone receives it. Anyone who comes to Christ, receives the gospel by personal revelation, and then they become a steward of the gospel.

DAN P

What about Acts 2 does it destroy?

Hi , and we , " the Body of Christ " were chosen BEFORE the foundation or the Creation of the Universe !!

This means that BEFORE There was a bible , we were chosen in Him , so Acts 2 , as you try to begin the Body in Acts 2 is DOLEFUL deficent and just BLOVIATING !!

DAN P

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The way I understand it, baptism is the water and then we receive the spirit. It takes water and the spirit.
Jn. 3:5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Acts 19:2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No,.....3And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?"
1 Jn. 5:7 For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

In peoples conversion baptism is water, and if they have received the water then they are given the spirit. The spirit agrees with the water baptism.

Yes all three were preached in Acts ch 2.

1 Jn. 5:7 For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi , and we , " the Body of Christ " were chosen BEFORE the foundation or the Creation of the Universe !!

This means that BEFORE There was a bible , we were chosen in Him , so Acts 2 , as you try to begin the Body in Acts 2 is DOLEFUL deficent and just BLOVIATING !!

DAN P

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

When was the Spirit given?

Have you received it?

LA

turbosixx

DAN P

So are you saying the body has been in existence before creation?

DAN P

Take off the dispi specs Dan 👓

Pete 👤

Hi and I am not and INFANT any more and I follow Paul as Paul follows Christ , in 1 Cor 11:1 !!

And that is just one verse saying the same thing !!

Give a verse on who you follow ??

If you HAD answers , you would have answered the OP ??:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

revpete

WILL PENTECOSTALS TELL US WHY ??

The way I understand it, baptism is the water and then we receive the spirit. It takes water and the spirit.
Jn. 3:5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Acts 19:2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No,.....3And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?"

In peoples conversion baptism is water, and if they have received the water then they are given the spirit. The spirit agrees with the water baptism.

Well, one is baptised by full emersion after conversation, after all there would be little point in doing it before. Baptism is the outward witness of an inner conversion. At conversion The Holy Spirit places (baptises) us into the body of Christ ie His church. The verses you quote: Jn 3:5 Jesus is speaking to a ruler of the Jews and is actually quoting a rabbinical teaching. There were six ways in which a Jew could be born again according to the rabbinical schools.

When one became a Jew (proselyte) from another nation he was said to be born again.
When one became king, he was said to become born again.
There are four others which I've forgotten lol.

The point that The Lord is making is that real conversion is a spiritual matter. Nicodemus thought that one was made righteous before God by keeping The Law of Moses. In Acts 19:2 they were baptised with John's baptism which was not Christian baptism but a baptism of repentance in preparation for the coming of The Messiah. 1 Jn. 5:7 was added later and was not part of the Autographs (original writings). It was put in by Erasmus under pressure from Rome to strengthen the doctrine of the trinity. What version are you using?

The Holy Spirit is The One who places us into The Body of Christ. The filling of The Holy Spirit is an experience subsequent to conversion. One baptism many fillings.

Blessings: Pete 👤

revpete

I agree.

There have been several times that a discussion went south. I understand we'll (TOL forum members) not agree on somethings, and the things we (TOL forum members) as agree on are solid.

It's sad when the discussion turns to mean spirited replies to
Doctrines like...
The Trinity
The gathering away
The Second Coming
The Holy Spirit and the gifts, operational or not
The by faith salvation plan
The baptism in water
The KJV issue
The Pentecostals are crack pots, yes or no

You know when it's all over with and we are in the presence of Jesus, He'll settle it and somebody will challenge Him.

You are right of course, thanks!

Pete 👤

DAN P

Hi and I gave you the verses in Eph 1:4 and in 2 Tim 1:9 !!

Can you understand what they say ??

Be glad to explain them to you , but the rev/pete , the anti-grace PRAVARICATOR will help you !!:bang::bang::bang:

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and I gave you the verses in Eph 1:4 and in 2 Tim 1:9 !!

Can you understand what they say ??

Be glad to explain them to you , but the rev/pete , the anti-grace PRAVARICATOR will help you !!:bang::bang::bang:

dan p

I understand what they say but I'm trying to understand it from your point of view. The question off the top of my head is, what did Jesus mean here?
Matt. 16:18 I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church ; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

If I understand you correctly, it was already built.

turbosixx

Well, one is baptised by full emersion after conversation, after all there would be little point in doing it before. Baptism is the outward witness of an inner conversion. At conversion The Holy Spirit places (baptises) us into the body of Christ ie His church. The verses you quote: Jn 3:5 Jesus is speaking to a ruler of the Jews and is actually quoting a rabbinical teaching. There were six ways in which a Jew could be born again according to the rabbinical schools.

When one became a Jew (proselyte) from another nation he was said to be born again.
When one became king, he was said to become born again.
There are four others which I've forgotten lol.

The point that The Lord is making is that real conversion is a spiritual matter. Nicodemus thought that one was made righteous before God by keeping The Law of Moses. In Acts 19:2 they were baptised with John's baptism which was not Christian baptism but a baptism of repentance in preparation for the coming of The Messiah. 1 Jn. 5:7 was added later and was not part of the Autographs (original writings). It was put in by Erasmus under pressure from Rome to strengthen the doctrine of the trinity. What version are you using?

The Holy Spirit is The One who places us into The Body of Christ. The filling of The Holy Spirit is an experience subsequent to conversion. One baptism many fillings.

Blessings: Pete ��

I see what your saying but here is my problem. Jesus tells the apostles how to make Christians and then the apostles go out and do just that:
Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them...

Apostles and others doing as instructed:
Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news.... they were being baptized
Acts 16:32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. 33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

Even the apostle Paul, after all he had seen and done, still had his sins until he was baptized:
Acts 22:16 Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'

All I know is what the bible tells me. Jesus said make disciples by baptizing them, and then that is what we see. Water and the spirit.

If conversion happens before baptism, then why is it that all conversions, with any detail, end in baptism. Is that how Christians are being added today?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

LA Lost refuses to stop preaching an other gospel unto us (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).

JosephR

Gabriel. a servant to our Lord.Told Tobias that His wife was chosen for Him b4 the foundation of the world was made..

to say anything was "physical " b4 creation is non sense..

DAN P

I understand what they say but I'm trying to understand it from your point of view. The question off the top of my head is, what did Jesus mean here?
Matt. 16:18 I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church ; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

If I understand you correctly, it was already built.

Hi and all that do not understand Matt 16:18 , " I WILL BUILD " is in the FUTURE tENSE , aCTIVE vOICE and in the Indicative Mood !

#1 , This means it is still WAITING to be built !!

#2 , The Active Voice means that the Subject is ( Jesus ) is producing the action of doing the BUILDING !

#3 The Indicative Mood means that what you read in Matt 16:18 is a FACT !!

DAN P