Why the Star of Bethlehem?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have never claimed that an angel spoke the lying words of Stephen, that was your little added bit of rubbish.

Yes you have--

Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
Act 7:57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
Act 7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Act 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

If you say Steven lied then you say the Angel of God also lied.

LA

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Yes you have--

Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
Act 7:57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
Act 7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Act 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

LA

And where is there any reference to an Angel speaking through the mouth of Stephen?

I say that Stephens words were untruthful, but I definitely do not say anywhere that your invented angel, spoke those untruths through the mouth of Stephen.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And where is there any reference to an Angel speaking through the mouth of Stephen?

I say that Stephens words were untruthful, but I definitely do not say anywhere that your invented angel, spoke those untruths through the mouth of Stephen.

Some things you are not privy to-

Act 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.
Act 6:9 Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen.
Act 6:10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.
Act 6:11 Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.
Act 6:12 And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council,
Act 6:13 And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law:
Act 6:14 For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us.
Act 6:15 And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.

Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Mat 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
Mat 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mat 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

LA

daqq

I don't have to follow you around, revealing how you cannot answer the truths that I expound, because all who have followed this thread now know that you have no answer.

The Chuckle has now gone out of your voice, and your words are now bulldust, as you attempt to save face.

Take you copy and pastings elsewhere my friend, for I have no desire to embarrass you anymore than I already have. But I will if you continue to annoy me with your ignorant rubbish.

:doh:

And here I thought my diabolical plot was foiled by my own type-o. :chuckle:
Yep, Elohim works in mysterious ways . . . :)

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Some things you are not privy to-

Act 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.
Act 6:9 Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen.
Act 6:10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.
Act 6:11 Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.
Act 6:12 And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council,
Act 6:13 And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law:
Act 6:14 For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us.
Act 6:15 And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.

Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Mat 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
Mat 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mat 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

LA

Well it's obvious that it was Stephen speaking on his own behalf, Because the spirit of our father who said that Abraham Left his 145 year old father in Haran with his brother Nahor and that Terah died there in Haran 60 years after Abraham had travelled to Canaan, would not then argue with himself and say that it was not until his father 'Terah' had died, that Abraham was commanded to go into the land of Canaan.

God is not the author of confusion my friend.

And nor would God, have said that the bodies of Jacob and all his sons were taken to Shechem and buried there, and nor would he have said that Abraham bought his family grave site from Hamor the father of Scechem, when we read in Genesis 50: 12-14; "So Jacob’s sons did as he had commanded them: 13 They carried him to the land of Canaan and buried him in the cave in the field of Machpelah, near Mamre, which Abraham had bought along with the field as a burial place from Ephron the Hittite. 14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.

Or are you accusing the Holy Spirit of our Father, of lying through the mouth of Stephen?

daqq

Yes you have--

LA

Yep, and as also already shown by this passage and others, S-word has by default also claimed that the author of the text, "Luke", is a liar, and he has claimed that the Holy Spirit is a liar, and he has claimed that Paul is a liar because Paul calls Stephen "Thy witness" in prayer in the temple, (as previously quoted from Acts 22:20 ASV).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep, and as also already shown by this passage and others, S-word has by default also claimed that the author of the text, "Luke", is a liar, and he has claimed that the Holy Spirit is a liar, and he has claimed that Paul is a liar because Paul calls Stephen "Thy witness" in prayer in the temple, (as previously quoted from Acts 22:20 ASV).

Yes and S-word is the liar, who charges the Holy Spirit with lying instead of realizing men can change the texts or some other reason, but he prefers to call God a liar.

LA

beameup

Stephen's witness, under the power of the Holy Spirit, resulted in the Jewish leadership committing THE "unpardonable sin" which Jesus spoke of.
Not long thereafter, God chose the Gentiles and "set aside" Israel, through the conversion of Saul/Paul on the road to Damascus.

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. - Matthew 12:31

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Stephen's witness, under the power of the Holy Spirit, resulted in the Jewish leadership committing THE "unpardonable sin" which Jesus spoke of.
Not long thereafter, God chose the Gentiles and "set aside" Israel, through the conversion of Saul/Paul on the road to Damascus.

Matthew 12:31-32 says, "And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Knowing this, then why do you continue to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit? You know full well, from the words of the Holy Scriptures, that Abraham left his father in Haran with his brother Nahor, and that he died some 60 years after Abraham had gone into the land of Canaan, and yet you continue to say that it was the holy spirit that made Stephen lie and say that it was only after his Father Terah had died that God commanded him to go into the Land of Canaan.

Why do you accuse the Holy spirit of lying through the mouth of Stephen?

You know full well that the bodies of Jacob and his sons, were not taken to Shechem and buried there, as Stephen said, and yet you accuse the Holy Spirit on making him lie about this.

You know full well from the Holy Scriptures that Abraham bought his family's burial site from Ephron the Hittite at Machpelah east of Manre, but still, you continue to accuse the Holy Spirit of making Stephen lie, and say that Abraham bought his grave site from Hamor the father of Shechem, who raped Dinah. Do you even have a clue as to how long Abraham had been dead, before his grandson Jacob took up residence in Shechem?

May the Lord have mercy on your soul for having made such vile accusations against the Holy Spirit.

daqq

You know full well, from the words of the Holy Scriptures, that Abraham left his father in Haran with his brother Nahor, and that he died some 60 years after Abraham had gone into the land of Canaan, and yet you continue to say that it was the holy spirit that made Stephen lie and say that it was only after his Father Terah had died that God commanded him to go into the Land of Canaan.

Poor double blind Bar-Timaeus son of Timaeus . . .
Get yourself some eyeslave from the Master so that you may see.

emoticon-giggling.gif

beameup

Matthew 12:31-32 says, "And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Knowing this, then why do you continue to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit? You know full well, from the words of the Holy Scriptures, that Abraham left his father in Haran with his brother Nahor, and that he died some 60 years after Abraham had gone into the land of Canaan, and yet you continue to say that it was the holy spirit that made Stephen lie and say that it was only after his Father Terah had died that God commanded him to go into the Land of Canaan.

Why do you accuse the Holy spirit of lying through the mouth of Stephen?

You know full well that the bodies of Jacob and his sons, were not taken to Shechem and buried there, as Stephen said, and yet you accuse the Holy Spirit on making him lie about this.

:blabla: :blabla: :blabla:
Senility old man?

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Yes and S-word is the liar, who charges the Holy Spirit with lying instead of realizing men can change the texts or some other reason, but he prefers to call God a liar.

LA

I have never said that the Holy Spirit or any supposed invented angel of yours made Stephen Lie and say that Abraham did not move into the land of Canaan until after his father 'Terah' had died.

That was your accusation against the Holy Spirit, not mine. I said that Stephen, who was neither a teacher or preacher, 'check it out,' but was a newly converted Greek speaking Jew, and because the widows of this group were being neglected in the daily distribution of funds, he with six others were chosen to handle the finances, and although he was filled with the Holy Spirit, he did not speak the truth because he did not know the truth, for knowing the truth has nothing to do with the blessings of the Holy Spirit.

The world is filled with wonderful people who are a blessing to the communities in which they live, and who are ignorant to the truth of God’s word, (Blessed are they who do not see, and yet believe) these people are not filled with knowledge of the truth that is revealed in scripture, but they are filled with the love the compassion and the power of the holy Spirit.

But I have got to attend to my little mate dagg, who is cruising for another bruising, but he will have to wait until tomorrow, as we are preparing for the cyclone which is forecast to slam into our town here in North Queensland within a day or maybe two.

May the Lord have mercy on your soul for accusing the Holy Spirit of making Stephen speak Falsehoods.

beameup

You will know by tomorrow afternoon, what happens to those who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. But I have got to go now, the wife is trying to tie the boat down by herself.
"Prophesying" under the power of the "spirit"?
Unfortunately, it appears to be the EVIL spirit. :devil:
Dementia is derived from "demon" and inflicts the elderly.
:angrymob:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Terah was not dead, until the 135th year of Abraham.
75th year of Abraham.
Abe was 75 years old when he left Haran after his father, Terah, died in Haran.

Genesis 11:31-32 through 12:1-4 KJV
(31) And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.
(32) And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.
(1) Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
(2) And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
(3) And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
(4) So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have never said that the Holy Spirit or any supposed invented angel of yours made Stephen Lie and say that Abraham did not move into the land of Canaan until after his father 'Terah' had died.

That was your accusation against the Holy Spirit, not mine. I said that Stephen, who was neither a teacher or preacher, 'check it out,' but was a newly converted Greek speaking Jew, and because the widows of this group were being neglected in the daily distribution of funds, he with six others were chosen to handle the finances, and although he was filled with the Holy Spirit, he did not speak the truth because he did not know the truth, for knowing the truth has nothing to do with the blessings of the Holy Spirit.

The world is filled with wonderful people who are a blessing to the communities in which they live, and who are ignorant to the truth of God’s word, (Blessed are they who do not see, and yet believe) these people are not filled with knowledge of the truth that is revealed in scripture, but they are filled with the love the compassion and the power of the holy Spirit.

But I have got to attend to my little mate dagg, who is cruising for another bruising, but he will have to wait until tomorrow, as we are preparing for the cyclone which is forecast to slam into our town here in North Queensland within a day or maybe two.

May the Lord have mercy on your soul for accusing the Holy Spirit of making Stephen speak Falsehoods.

Your false reasonings can not negate the truth--

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Well,
regardless Abraham was the head of the household when he left.

Terah was the head of the family and remained the head of the family until he died at the age of 205, which was some sixty years after God had moved his son Abraham into the Land of Canaan, proving that Stephen didn't know what he was talking about and that it was definitely not the Holy Spirit, who was speaking through him, as the Holy Spirit does not lie.

S-word

BANNED
Banned

Dagg Wrote.........Yep, and as also already shown by this passage and others, S-word has by default also claimed that the author of the text, "Luke", is a liar,

S-word........I claim that Luke the companion of Saul/Paul who was a witness to the words spoken by Stephen, was truthful in his record of the untruthful words of Stephen.

You see I believe the account as recorded in Genesis, that Terah was 70 years old when Abraham was born, and that Abraham was 75 when he left his 145 year old father in Haran with his brother Nahor, and that Terah the father of Abraham died in Haran at the age of 205, some 60 years after Abraham had left him and had moved into the land of Canaan.

Now if you believe that Stephen spoke the truth when he said that it was after the father of Abraham had died (See Acts 7: 4.) before God made Abraham move into the land of Canaan, then you are claiming that the record in the Book of Genesis is nothing more than a bunch of Lies.

But now you state that by my saying Luke was truthful in revealing that Stephen lied, I have claimed that Luke is a liar.

Wake up to yourself mate, go and get your head screwed on properly.

Dagg wrote........and he has claimed that the Holy Spirit is a liar, and he has claimed that Paul is a liar because Paul calls Stephen "Thy witness" in prayer in the temple, (as previously quoted from Acts 22:20 ASV).

You are definitely in need of some serious Pyschiatric help dagg. It is not I, but it is you, who are saying that it was the Holy Spirit, who said through Stephen that It was after his father had died that Abraham moved into the land of Canaan, which is a lie. I have said in a previous post that it is impossible for the Holy Spirit of the Lord to lie, and those words originated from Stephen and Stephen alone.

Are you saying that it was the Holy Spirit who said that it was after Terah the Father of Abraham had died that God called Abraham to move into the land of Canaan?

Are you saying that it was the Holy Spirit who said that the bodies of Jacob and his sons were taken to Shechem and buried there?

Are you saying that it was the Holy Spirit who said that Abraham bought his family grave site from Hamor the father of Shechem?

If so, then it is you who are claiming that that the Holy Spirit lied, not I.

Paul did call Stephen a witness to the Lord and so are the members of the many diverse religious organisations of today. But would you say that all those witnesses which include the Jehovah witnesses, are correct in their testimonies?

So again I ask you, have you got the intestinal fortitude to answer these questions.

Did Abraham remain in Haran until after his father died, before moving into the land of Canaan? Yes or No?

Were the bodies of Jacob and his sons taken to Shechem and buried there? Yes or no?

Did Abraham buy his family grave site from Hamor the father of Shechem? Yes or No?

Do you believe that Genesis 46: 26, is correct? Yes or No?

Now let's see if you have the guts to answer those questions.