ECT WHY THE GREAT COMMISION IS NOT FOR US !!

DAN P

Hi to all and since I was a teenager , I have been told that the Great Commission is for all believers .

In Matt 28:19 we are to go and TEACH all Nations !!

When have you seen any JEWS preaching to GENTILES / ETHNOS ?

This command was given to the 12 disciples in verse 16 for that is the CONTEXT !!

We see that NATION / ETHNOS is a transliteration and ETHNOS can be translated by , Jewish Nation in John 11:L48 , 50 , and 52 for the Disciples are to gather Israel back to God !!

One poster has 1 Cor 1:17 all wrong , For Christ did not send me to BAPTIZE / BAPTIZO BUT to PREACH the Gospel , not with wisdom of word in EMPTYorder that the CROSS of Christ should not be made EMPTY !!

The verb " sent " is in the Aorist tense as to when Paul was sent , or in other words 2000 years ago , so Paul can never do that commend ever again !

The verb to BAPTIZO is in the Present tense of that time as was to preach the Gospel which means , just Good News !!

The verb " should be made EMPTY /KENNO is in the Aorist Tense of completed action 2000 years ago !!

What does this mean ?

Paul was saved by Grace , Gal 1:15 to PREACH Grace and to make all see what is the Dispensation of the MYSTERY , Rom 16:25 and 26 and has given to all believers the Ministry of Reconciliation in 2 Cor 5:18-20 !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This command was given to the 12 disciples in verse 16 for that is the CONTEXT !!

Yes, and Jesus said he would be with those 12 disciples to the end of the age.

...teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
(Matthew 28:20 NKJV)​

Truster

I did a study on this a few years ago and the commands were given specifically to the Apostles. That is including Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Luke again in Acts.

DAN P

...teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Hi and when is the END of that AGE ??

Is there just ONE AGE ??

What say you ?

DAN P

Last edited:

DAN P

I did a study on this a few years ago and the commands were given specifically to the Apostles. That is including Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Luke again in Acts.

Hi , and be careful AS you are leaning towards Dispenstionalism !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

when Jesus gave His instruction in Acts ch 1 that they would be witnesses to all nations when the Holy Spirit came upon them, it was not only the 12 upon whom the Spirit came.

LA

Truster

Hi , and be careful AS you are leaning towards Dispenstionalism !!

dan p

I'm leaning towards what is written in the scriptures. I am not forming a doctrine based on what I have read, but what I have read is suggesting that certain money making doctrines are questionable.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and when is the END of that AGE ??

This age ends when Jesus manifests himself to the world after the kingdom of God is preached in all the world as a witness.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. (Matthew 24:14 NKJV)​

DAN P

This age ends when Jesus manifests himself to the world after the kingdom of God is preached in all the world as a witness.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. (Matthew 24:14 NKJV)​

Hi and what does NATION / ETHNOS means in John 11:48 where it reads " and take away both our PLACE and GENTILE /ETHNOS ??

Is that what it says in John 11:50 ??

You Acts 2 and Pentecostals always run away and never answer what ETNOS really means !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You Acts 2 and Pentecostals always run away and never answer what ETNOS really means !!

I'm familiar with Acts 2 since it's part of the NT.

Strong's says ethnos means this:

G1484

ἔθνος
ethnos
eth'-nos
Probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), that is, a tribe; specifically a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by implication pagan): - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, you're missing a whole lot....that might be the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Just who is the Great Commission given to, if not for every Christian? Doesn't Jesus want everyone on Earth to hear the Good News so that they all can respond to it and be reconciled with God? Isn't that what the Great Commission is about? And that involves being baptized. I don't understand how you can separate the GC and baptizing people.

Do you separate casting out devils, miraculously healing the sick, snake handling, drinking poison and unknown language speaking from the GC?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you separate casting out devils, miraculously healing the sick, snake handling, drinking poison and unknown language speaking from the GC?

Jesus said it and the Christians began doing it.

Mar 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

LA

DAN P

Well, you're missing a whole lot....that might be the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Just who is the Great Commission given to, if not for every Christian? Doesn't Jesus want everyone on Earth to hear the Good News so that they all can respond to it and be reconciled with God? Isn't that what the Great Commission is about? And that involves being baptized. I don't understand how you can separate the GC and baptizing people.

Hi and BAPTIZO /BAPTISM is part of the 12 ministry !

The Greek word for NATION /ETHNOS and also means A Jewish Nation in John 11:48 and 50 , so why do the Pentecostal always FAIL to understand these verses ??>

This command is to reach their JEWISH Brethren during the Great Tribulation !!

Where is their a word GREAT in Matt 28:19 ?

Why do they REFUSE to comment on verse 20?

dan p

lifeisgood

Hi to all and since I was a teenager , I have been told that the Great Commission is for all believers....

So, are you one of 12 disciples?

If not, why are you preaching the Gospel if you're have not been given the command to 'go and tell'?

I know I am missing something.

DAN P

So, are you one of 12 disciples?

If not, why are you preaching the Gospel if you're have not been given the command to 'go and tell'?

I know I am missing something.

Hi and I am not JEWISH !!

Are you Jewish ??

Are we in the Tribulation period ?

When are you going to preach to Jewish people and complete Acts 3:39 ?

Do you speak in Languages and can Prophesy ??

dan p

lifeisgood

Hi and I am not JEWISH !!

Are you Jewish ??

Are we in the Tribulation period ?

When are you going to preach to Jewish people and complete Acts 3:39 ?

Do you speak in Langauges and can Prophesy ??

dan p

What I was asking, and obviously horribly not well, and miserably misunderstanding what you're saying, is 'Are we not to preach the gospel because we're not one of the 12 disciples'?

If, I encounter a person from the Jewish lineage, am I not to preach the gospel to him/her because I am not one of the 12 disciples?

Only the 12 disciples are to preach to the Jewish nation?

I definitely am missing something.

This Charming Manc

Really?

Did this study tell you that Luke was a apostle and met Jesus?

If so you wasted your time on the study.