ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The following verses support Pretersim, and prove Dispensationalism wrong:

(Matt 24:34) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

You won't accept my premise however, You mentioned Matthew 24:34 "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."
In order to understand that verse, one must not just randomly take this one verse out of context and try to PROVE your Preterist false doctrine. You have to look at the previous verses, those being, Matthew 24:3-32 In other words you basically have to read the entire chapter. Christ is explaining a time in the FUTURE when the people of that time will see all of these different situations come to pass. THAT will be the "GENEREATION" that will not pass away before they see the fullfillment of those things come to pass. Those things in Matthew 24:3-34 have yet come to pass and that IS the generation Christ is speaking of.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ is explaining a time in the FUTURE when the people of that time will see all of these different situations come to pass. THAT will be the "GENEREATION" that will not pass away before they see the fullfillment of those things come to pass.

Three things prove you wrong.

First, the temple was destroyed in 70AD (verse 1&2)

Second, the Christian Jews fled to Pella when they saw the Romans surround the city (verse 16)

Third, if Jesus was speaking of a future generation, then the demonstrative adjective "that" would be the proper grammar, not the demonstrative adjective "this".

Moreover, the phrase "this generation" is used by Jesus many times prior, and EVERY TIME, it refers to the Jewish contemporaries of Jesus.

IOW, the verse, when taken in context, affirms Preterism and proves Dispensationalism wrong.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No system is true or false solely because of how relatively old or recent it is, nor because of who taught it or didn't teach it. It either aligns with the Word of God or it does not.

(2 Tim 2:2) You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.

You want us to believe that 2 Tim 2:2 didn't happen. You want us to believe that Timothy didn't pass the truths Paul taught. You want us to believe the truths were kept silent until John Nelson Darby revealed them to everyone in 1830.

Preterism contradicts the Word of God.

Wrong again mysteryboy.

You have failed over and over again trying to defend Darby's false teachings, and you have failed over and over again trying to "prove" Preterism false.

You have been reduced to someone who can't figure out how many future temples have to be built in order to make your Dispensational eschatology work out.

You're a mess.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Three things prove you wrong.

First, the temple was destroyed in 70AD (verse 1&2)

Second, the Christian Jews fled to Pella when they saw the Romans surround the city (verse 16)

Third, if Jesus was speaking of a future generation, then the demonstrative adjective "that" would be the proper grammar, not the demonstrative adjective "this".

Moreover, the phrase "this generation" is used by Jesus many times prior, and EVERY TIME, it refers to the Jewish contemporaries of Jesus.

IOW, the verse, when taken in context, affirms Preterism and proves Dispensationalism wrong.

Sorry but, I would rather trust my own opinion on this issue than yours. As I have stated before, "I doubt your membership in the Body of Christ? I really do. You're a "divider" not a brother in Christ." You follow a different gospel and trust in false doctrine. That puts up a red flag in my opinion.

ClimateSanity

You keep saying this over and over again, despite the fact that I have given you numerous verses from the Bible that support Preterism.

Pretersim can be defended strictly with scripture.

Your Dispensationalism cannot.

He didn't say it couldn't be supported by the bible you word twister. He said you cannot come up with the idea of preterism from reading the Bible alone. Dispensationalism can be supported from scripture as well as we have shown . Anyone can poke seeming holes in the system just like we can poke holes in your system . Just because you reject our reasoning doesn't make yours true and ours false .

musterion

He didn't say it couldn't be supported by the bible you word twister. He said you cannot come up with the idea of preterism from reading the Bible alone. Dispensationalism can be supported from scripture as well as we have shown . Anyone can poke seeking holes in the system just like we can poke holes in your system . Just because you reject our reasoning doesn't make yours true and ours false .

Yep. The LDS 'prove' enough of Mormonism to make all the add ons swallowable. Same with Caholics. Preterism is the same, except where the weak point of the others is claiming inspired or infallible extrabiblical authority on par with Scripture, preterism puts unsaved Josephus and spurious Barnabas on the level of Scripture.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also, I think you have a screw loose in your head and I have no respect for your false beliefs. They're obviously foreign to the faith.

As expected, your only reply is to insult. You never address the scriptures.

(Luke 21:20-22) When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written.

What is described above, is exactly what happened in the first century.

When the Romans first surrounded the city, they retreated with no explanation, then the Christian Jews fled to the mountains.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep. The LDS 'prove' enough of Mormonism to make all the add ons swallowable. Same with Caholics. Preterism is the same, except where the weak point of the others is claiming inspired or infallible extrabiblical authority on par with Scripture, preterism puts unsaved Josephus and spurious Barnabas on the level of Scripture.

Once again, you're embarrassing yourself.

You've dug yourself in hole, and are left with asking your fellow Darby followers how many future temples have to built for the hole you have dug yourself in.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The following is from circa 325AD:

"The whole body, however, of the church at Jerusalem, having been commanded by a divine revelation, given to men of approved piety there before the war, removed from the city, and dwelt at a certain town beyond the Jordan, called Pella. Here those that believed in Christ, having removed from Jerusalem, as if holy men had entirely abandoned the royal city itself, and the whole land of Judea; the divine justice, for their crimes against Christ and his apostles finally overtook them, totally destroying the whole generation of these evildoers form the earth." (Eusebius, 3:5.)

As we see, in the fourth century, Eusebius confirms the prophecies given by Jesus in Luke 21 were fulfilled when the Christian Jews fled to the mountains just like Jesus had said.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Once again:

Epiphanius circa 375AD:

"The Nazoraean sect exists in Beroea near Coele Syria, in the Decapolis near the region of Pella, and in Bashan in the place called Cocaba, which in Hebrew is called Chochabe. That is where the sect began, when all the disciples were living in Pella after they moved from Jerusalem, since Christ told them to leave Jerusalem and withdraw because it was about to be besieged. For this reason they settled in Peraea and there, as I said, they lived. This is where the Nazoraean sect began." (Panarion 29:7:7-8)

The above confirms the words of Jesus:

(Luke 21:20-22) When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As expected, your only reply is to insult. You never address the scriptures.

What is described above, is exactly what happened in the first century.

When the Romans first surrounded the city, they retreated with no explanation, then the Christian Jews fled to the mountains.

I have a problem with anything/everything you post. I don't even read your false doctrine, it's just more of the same. I wish your skull had a brain in it.