ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Nope.

Israel is God's first born.

Jeremiah 31:32: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband unto them, said Jehovah.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

musterion

You didn't become a preterist by picking up a bible either, nobody becomes what they are strictly by bible osmosis. There is always an outside influence,namely teachers.

Nailed it. Preterism cannot exist without appeals to the extrabiblical writings used to interpret the Bible. Writings which most people will never read and maybe have never even heard of until some preterist predator says "Read this to know what the Bible really says."

It's a cult.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nailed it. Preterism cannot exist without appeals to the extrabiblical writings used to interpret the Bible. Writings which most people will never read and maybe have never even heard of until some preterist predator says "Read this to know what the Bible really says."

It's a cult.

Very similar to Madism.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Jeremiah 31:32: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband unto them, said Jehovah.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Keep wrestling.......

whitestone

You do know Jesus chose His Disciples AFTER He was baptized?

lol, the premise of thinking in Acts 1:21-22 KJV is that the one chosen would replace his(Judas) bishopric not when Christ separated out the 12. If you begin from when Jesus chose the 12 none of them had witnessed the events from point A to point B,ministry,Crucifixion,Resurrection,"Ascension",they had not yet witnessed the events that took place after him choosing them so the 12th was chosen from someone else who did also witness them,(best to stay with scripture).

musterion

Preterism cannot be drawn from the Bible alone. It must make appeals to the extrabiblical writings which are the 'lens' through which it interprets the Bible.

whitestone

Actually Preterism can survive without historical writings.

However historical writings bolster it while historical writings put the finishing nails in the coffin of Madism.

Curious how you would perceive this,,,

In Revelation each time in scripture the wrath of God is poured out on those who received the mark,name,worshiped the image of the beast or had the number(or added to or took away from the words of the prophecy),,,

Now the Jews in the Jewish revolt (ad66-70) were killed by the supposed beast(Rome,Caesar) but if the historical document(Josephus/Jewish wars) is shown as proof to support preterism does it prove that they received Caesars mark or that they revolted and refused to bow down to him?

Consider the words "Jewish revolt" does it mean they revolted,refused to bow down to Caesar and then refused to use his money and minted their own or that they bowed down to Rome and used their money to buy and sell Revelation 13:17 KJV ?

Then turn it around the other way and look at the Christians and what the apostles were telling them Romans 13:1 KJV i.e.(honor Caesar),,use his money Romans 13:6 KJV .1 Peter 2,,Hebrews 13:17 KJV ect.

There is the puzzle,it is that someone is killed for not bowing down to the image of the beast Revelation 13:15 KJV and someone is spared because they were sealed with the mark of God Revelation 7:3 KJV

Now the mark of the beast and his image if preterit/ad70ism is true must be there between ad66-70 to fulfill Revelation "DO YOU NOTICE PRETERISM HAS THE WRONG MARKS ON THE WRONG FOREHEADS" ?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Preterism cannot be drawn from the Bible alone. It must make appeals to the extrabiblical writings which are the 'lens' through which it interprets the Bible.

You keep saying this over and over again, despite the fact that I have given you numerous verses from the Bible that support Preterism.

Pretersim can be defended strictly with scripture.

Your Dispensationalism cannot.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Curious how you would perceive this,,,

In Revelation each time in scripture the wrath of God is poured out on those who received the mark,name,worshiped the image of the beast or had the number(or added to or took away from the words of the prophecy),,,

Now the Jews in the Jewish revolt (ad66-70) were killed by the supposed beast(Rome,Caesar) but if the historical document(Josephus/Jewish wars) is shown as proof to support preterism does it prove that they received Caesars mark or that they revolted and refused to bow down to him?

Consider the words "Jewish revolt" does it mean they revolted,refused to bow down to Caesar and then refused to use his money and minted their own or that they bowed down to Rome and used their money to buy and sell Revelation 13:17 KJV ?

Then turn it around the other way and look at the Christians and what the apostles were telling them Romans 13:1 KJV i.e.(honor Caesar),,use his money Romans 13:6 KJV .1 Peter 2,,Hebrews 13:17 KJV ect.

There is the puzzle,it is that someone is killed for not bowing down to the image of the beast Revelation 13:15 KJV and someone is spared because they were sealed with the mark of God Revelation 7:3 KJV

Now the mark of the beast and his image if preterit/ad70ism is true must be there between ad66-70 to fulfill Revelation "DO YOU NOTICE PRETERISM HAS THE WRONG MARKS ON THE WRONG FOREHEADS" ?

You keep saying the same thing over and over again because you don't understand that it was both the Jews and the Romans who killed Christ Jesus and His followers.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Preterism is a relatively new Catholic fad to entice the ignorant and unstable.

The mysteryboy is getting more and more desperate everyday.

Preterism can be found being taught since the first century.

It is Dispensationalism that is a relatively new fad.

Dispensationalism didn't exist before 1830.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The following verses support Pretersim, and prove Dispensationalism wrong:

(Matt 24:34) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

(Matt 16:28) “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

(1 Peter 1:20) He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

(Heb 1:2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

(James 5:8) You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

whitestone

You keep saying the same thing over and over again because you don't understand that it was both the Jews and the Romans who killed Christ Jesus and His followers.

lol,you must not think that 1Mind1Spirit would see it the same way, you answer for him. I do keep asking the same questions don't I? I am a good student. I observe and I ask questions. I consider mine own self Ignorant and at the hands of those who are apt to teach.

You keep saying the same "things",I say "things" because you approach the issue of the mark and it's fulfillment differently each time I "keep saying the same thing"(your words) or rather ask the same questions.

I have as a good student moved on from asking you these questions because the answers you provided do not answer it. You do not it seems consider yourself as an student but rather an teacher in the matter,but I do not. I will ask others rather than you about these things because it is apparent to me you do not know. How I say I know is in that I have sited post from threads where you stated to me you do not know. I will not site them again because it bothered you when I did before. Put yourself in my shoes and ask "should whitestone continue to ask an teacher questions if the teacher says he does not know?"...

Now if you choose you can call me names and I will perceive them as frustration on your part. It seems to bother you that I am D'ist so if it helps you at all if I was not it would not change the question at all.
There are many Christian's who see a future type stance as regards to the mark of the beast and it's fulfillment. There are Pentecostals,SDA's Baptist ect. who also see this in regards to future fulfillment and are not dispensation'ist and some who are. But to any and all who see a future fulfillment vs past will and should ask the very same questions.