ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Exactly my point, and how can signs, be invisible? That is why this Preterist clown Craigie is silent, for over 3 years, on this question.

When the Lord rode a swift cloud into Egypt did anyone see the Lord, or did they see the Assyrian army invade Egypt and bring judgment upon the Egyptians?

(Isaiah 19:1) ..See, the Lord rides on a swift cloud
and is coming to Egypt...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As we see, post after post after post from the Darby followers, not one Darby follower has attempted to answer the question.

The question:

Are there any prophecies in the Bible for the destruction of the Second Temple that took place in 70AD?

The Darby followers are scared to death to even give a "yes" or "no" answer.

ClimateSanity

When the Lord rode a swift cloud into Egypt did anyone see the Lord, or did they see the Assyrian army invade Egypt and bring judgment upon the Egyptians?

It's obvious that's figurative language. So this verse demands every instance of the Lord's coming be figurative?

john w

Hall of Fame
You want might want to learn what the word "eisegesis" means, instead of saying "out of context exegesis".

Regardless, the following two verses prove your post wrong:

(Daniel 12:4) But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

Daniel was told to seal his scroll until the end, whereas John was told NOT to seal his scroll because the end was near.

As you've been asked, numerous times, punk, as you quote Rev. 22:10 in your NIV....

Ezekiel 30:3 NIV For the day is near, the day of the Lord is near— a day of clouds, a time of doom for the nations.

When was Ezekiel written, sweetie? Should be a piece of cake, little arms one, as you obviously, allegedly know when Revelation was written.

john w

Hall of Fame
It's obvious that's figurative language. So this verse demands every instance of the Lord's coming be figurative?

That is his MO on TOL, mocking others on taking certain verses as literal, certain verses, as figurative, when it disagrees with his assessment of what is literal/figurative.

He is a deceitful punk, actress.

ClimateSanity

God also brought judgement upon Israel many times with no sign of a bodily presence like a pillar of fire or a burning bush. Jesus is a corporeal being. When he returns, he will return as he is.

john w

Hall of Fame

Plagiarized, again, verbatim, from Gentry's book.

john w

Hall of Fame
But he is never going to return. He's not even a corporeal being according to you.

He already returned, according to Craigie, in the form of the Roman army:

"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist deceiver Tet.

vs.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

"Everyone" that saw Him, according to Craigie, was Josephus, and Wikipedia. Wait....According to Craigie the Clown, he did not return physically, but all of Jerusalem saw him.. And, according to Craigie the Clown, signs are invisible...

Wait...

Vs.

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD viathe Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Hebrews 9:28 KJV
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Craigie the Clown: The Roman army was looking for him-that is the "them" above. My infallible AD 70/Pteterist "teachers" taught me,like Hank Hanegraaf, from whom I copy'npaste/spam.

You want might want to learn what the word "eisegesis" means, instead of saying "out of context exegesis".

No, I know what eisegesis is, but, to be honest, am only versed in exegesis, of the philosophy to pay attention to what God is actually saying in His word. But, okay, let's use the word eisegesis, to describe bad exegesis, if you find semantics of phrases, things so trite, disturbing, as you didn't fail to understand what I said, and this in lieu of actually addressing your blatant failure to explain anything with any scripture harmony, explain your contradictory beliefs of no scripture harmony. But I will, hands down, not dispute your claim to expertise in eisegesis as a forte, no arguments there.

I'll even go as far as to say you even seem to be almost as good as a Catholic at stuffing square pegs into round holes, it truly your crown to be long on contortions, and short on truth. And, after all, your are the Preterist, with the monkey of suppositions on your back you must stuff everything into, one way or another, no matter how ridiculous the claims and the fact that half of Bible prophecies already fulfilled, about 500 prophecies of around 1,000, were fulfilled literally. Your view is that, suddenly, scripture in many the very same passages went stupid to real meaning, where anything future is concerned, turned into Nostradamus, your God, truly, an author of confusion you must foist you own labels on and of a cult that must create private interpretations of no scripture harmony, to fit erroneous assumptions. Eisegesis expert, indeed, you may truly wear that crown!

musterion

The AD 70 hypothesis has no inspired or even secular contemporary witness to corroborate it.

1. Christ did not say "It's Me."

2. The Father did not say "Behold My Son."

3. No living apostle said "He's back."

4. No Christian said "That's the Lord."

5. No Jew said anything -- Jews believed Him dead and still do.

6. Rome did too, if it thought of Him at all.

Preterists complain about the"secret rapture" while preaching a secret return with zero evidence to prove it.

The op stands intact.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As you've been asked, numerous times, punk, as you quote Rev. 22:10 in your NIV....

Ezekiel 30:3 NIV For the day is near, the day of the Lord is near— a day of clouds, a time of doom for the nations.

When was Ezekiel written, sweetie? Should be a piece of cake, little arms one, as you obviously, allegedly know when Revelation was written.

Keep reading chapter 30

(Ezk 30:5) Cush and Libya, Lydia and all Arabia, Kub and the people of the covenant land will fall by the sword along with Egypt.

Ezekiel 30:3 was fulfilled when Nebuchadnezzar and the Babylonian Empire invaded Cush, LIbya, Lydia, Egypt, Arabia, and Judah circa 600 BC.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
actually addressing your blatant failure to explain anything with any scripture harmony, explain your contradictory beliefs of no scripture harmony.

Daniel was told to seal his scroll until the end. John was told not to seal his scroll because the end was near.

That's "scripture harmony".

Also,

The Apostle Paul said that he and his audience were living during "the culmination of the ages".

Peter said "the end of all things is at hand"

James said "the coming of the Lord is at hand"

The writer of Hebrews referred to the days in which he lived as "these last days".

Preterism has all the "scriptural harmony" you want. I could give you verse, after verse, after verse, that has "scriptural harmony".

john w

Hall of Fame
Keep reading chapter 30

(Ezk 30:5) Cush and Libya, Lydia and all Arabia, Kub and the people of the covenant land will fall by the sword along with Egypt.

Ezekiel 30:3 was fulfilled when Nebuchadnezzar and the Babylonian Empire invaded Cush, LIbya, Lydia, Egypt, Arabia, and Judah circa 600 BC.

Observe, the deception-

1.I did not ask that.I asked: When was Ezekiel written? I've asked this punk this question, and others, re. when the scripture was written, and not a peep.

Tell everyone that "the day of the Lord" happened in 600 BC. punk.

Go ahead.

john w

Hall of Fame
Keep reading chapter 30

I did not ask that.I asked: When was Ezekiel written?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The AD 70 hypothesis has no inspired or even secular contemporary witness to corroborate it.

1. Christ did not say "It's Me."

Nowhere in the Bible does any prophecy say that He would say that.

2. The Father did not say "Behold My Son."

Again, no prophecy for that.

3. No living apostle said "He's back."

According to most sources, John was the only Apostle still alive in 70AD.

(John 21:22) Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?...

You don't know what John said in 70AD.

4. No Christian said "That's the Lord."

You don't know that.

5. No Jew said anything -- Jews believed Him dead and still do.

You don't know that either.

Josephus and others wrote that some of the Jews did say the events of 70AD were happening because of Christ Jesus.

Preterists complain about the"secret rapture" while preaching a secret return with zero evidence to prove it.

You're contradicting yourself again.

First you use the "still some stones standing" excuse, now you're using the "no eyewitness" excuse.

The op stands intact.

The fact that you won't answer my question, is proof that your OP is a joke.

You should be honest with yourself, and ask yourself why you are so afraid to answer the question.

john w

Hall of Fame
Keep reading chapter 30

When were these written, sweetie?:

Joel 1:15 KJV Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Obadiah 1:15 KJV For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Zephaniah 1:7 KJV Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD:for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

Joel 2:1 KJV Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

What does near and at hand mean in the above,if it means what you all Russell/Hanegraaf/Josephus, "fallable men" followers, AD 70-ists/Preterists, such as little, snot nosed Craigie Tellalie, the habitual liar of TOL say,then the Lord Jesus Christt should have came back during that time.

What's the problem, "fallable men" follower, Craigie, the admitted aniti semite?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Joel 1:15 KJV Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Written before judgment came upon the Jews

Obadiah 1:15 KJV For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Written before judgment came upon Egypt.

Zephaniah 1:7 KJV Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD:for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

Written before judgment came upon the Jews and Jerusalem

Joel 2:1 KJV Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

Written before judgment came upon the Jews and Jerusalem

What does near and at hand mean in the above,

It means exactly what it says.

"the day of the Lord" is used in the OT to describe judgement that came upon countries by the armies of other countries.

ClimateSanity

Nowhere in the Bible does any prophecy say that He would say that.

Again, no prophecy for that.

According to most sources, John was the only Apostle still alive in 70AD.

(John 21:22) Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?...

You don't know what John said in 70AD.

You don't know that.

You don't know that either.

Josephus and others wrote that some of the Jews did say the events of 70AD were happening because of Christ Jesus.

You're contradicting yourself again.

First you use the "still some stones standing" excuse, now you're using the "no eyewitness" excuse.

The fact that you won't answer my question, is proof that your OP is a joke.

You should be honest with yourself, and ask yourself why you are so afraid to answer the question.

Which question? When a question is answered, you say your favorite word "nope" and the proceed to ask another question.