ECT Why Paul?

Right Divider

Body part
I know I am wasting this on you but perhaps someone else might benefit:

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." 1 Corinthians 15:45
(KJV) How do you suppose Jesus was "made" anything except He was fully man ". . . . . subjected to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope" Romans 8:20 (KJV)? The Word "made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" Phil 2:7 ". . . Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. Hebrews 2:9 (KJV)

Jesus "was made" to show us how to overcome sin and self, to become as He is ". . . a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: Acts 2:22 (KJV)
You're not as smart as you think you are.

None of these things mean that Jesus was "made vulnerable". Jesus was always God even while He was "made a little lower than the angels". All that means is that His rightful place is in heaven, but He came here anyway.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
You treat words like toys to be played with.

This ridiculous idea that Jesus "was made to show us how to overcome sin and self" is false doctrine. Jesus died for our sin.

Last edited:

dreadknought

Not really when you look at who Saul was and that he had no hope under the kingdom program as a blasphemer against the Holy Ghost. He is our pattern, alright! He should have received God's wrath and instead received mercy when God reached down and saved him by His grace!

And I haven't even touched on (in this thread) the facts that he was given a dispensation of the gospel, a dispensation of God and the dispensation of the grace of God that would reach the likes of people like you and me!
Paul didn't have a choice. He oversaw God's peoples execution. He saw he was wrong, in the Host of covenant.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, I don't. But I also wonder why you brought it up (expect maybe an attempt to look smart).

My point, which still stands, is that the body of Christ is not given the same power to heal EVERYONE as they were during the first few chapters of Acts. So don't try to make like you know something when you don't.

Aren't you oh so spiritual.

Oats has some "Issues!"

oatmeal

You're not as smart as you think you are.

None of these things mean that Jesus was "made vulnerable". Jesus was always God even while He was "made a little lower than the angels". All what means is that His rightful place is in heaven, but He came here anyway.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
You treat words like toys to be played with.

This ridiculous idea that Jesus "was made to show us how to overcome sin and self" is false doctrine. Jesus died for our sin.

When a person seeks Biblical accuracy, they must take into consideration all verses on a subject

You may want to consider the following:

Hebrews 2:18
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Hebrews 4:15

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

oatmeal

The had just received a FORTY DAY training course from the Lord Jesus Christ. How were they "learning more" immediately after that?

They received a lot more than that previous to those forty days.

Are you suggesting that the twelve at that point knew everything there was to know for all time?

oatmeal

It wasn't the beginning of the "age of grace" that you speak of. It was prophecy, not mystery (Acts 2:16-17 KJV). It was not the start of something different. That's where Paul came into play (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV).
Are you trying to imply they were in the wrong? We can see Jews zealous of the law as late as Acts 21 and the scriptures do not shew them to be in error for being so (Acts 21:20 KJV).

It was the beginning of something new.

Acts 1:8 why did Jesus tell them to expect that if they already had it?

Likewise Acts 2:1-4

Why the cloven tongues like as of fire? If this was just the same ole same ole, why the phenomena of the cloven tongues?

Who had ever spoke in tongues before?

The twelve had been in hiding for fear of the Judeans, at this day of Pentecost, Peter was no longer afraid, look at his sermon. He was bold, no longer fearful in any way

Not realizing the full reality at the moment of receiving the gift is not error, it takes time to learn

So, where you born with complete and perfect Biblical understanding?

Where you at least born again, with complete and perfect Biblical understanding?

Are you still learning?

oatmeal

No, I don't. But I also wonder why you brought it up (expect maybe an attempt to look smart).

My point, which still stands, is that the body of Christ is not given the same power to heal EVERYONE as they were during the first few chapters of Acts. So don't try to make like you know something when you don't.

Aren't you oh so spiritual.

Where do you get the idea that the disciples in the book of Acts healed everyone?

DAN P

When a person seeks Biblical accuracy, they must take into consideration all verses on a subject

You may want to consider the following:

Hebrews 2:18
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Hebrews 4:15

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hi and you will never get the HINT , to check the Greek words FIRST !!

Many Greeks word have many meaning , like the word TEMPTED .

The Greek verb is PETRAZO /TEMPTED can also mean " to Try , or to put to the TEST , or to ENTICE to sin .

Satan tried to do the same thing and Failed as Jesus cpuld not sin as he was Holy and God .

The ONLY thing that Satan tried to do in the TESTING of Jesus was to make Jesus do something OUT side of the THINGS that Jesus was to do and ONLY do what the FATHER had sent Him to do , ONLY !!:bang::bang:

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
It was the beginning of something new.
You said it was the beginning of the "age of grace" and have nothing to show for it. Anyone who can read can see that it was prophecy not mystery and according to law not grace. You add nothing to the conversation, but your opinion.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You said it was the beginning of the "age of grace" and have nothing to show for it. Anyone who can read can see that it was prophecy not mystery and according to law not grace. You add nothing to the conversation, but your opinion.

and you add ?

Right Divider

Body part
They received a lot more than that previous to those forty days.
That is completely irrelevant to YOUR saying that they were still learning AFTER Pentecost. But thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Are you suggesting that the twelve at that point knew everything there was to know for all time?
No, but what I am suggesting is that God revealed things to Paul that He had NOT EVER revealed to ANYONE ELSE.

Is this hard for you to follow?