Why is there so much hate and anger and confusion here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder's Muse

I'm not going to comment on the different doctrinal beliefs. I just don't understand the arguing about scripture. The need to be right. The need to be more 'Biblical' than you. The need to show that I am smarter and closer to God than you.

Geeze..get over yourselves. Really.

As for the hatred and name calling etc, well I have a theory.....

It gives them a thrill. A small little thrill, for just a minute. For that small space of time, they are smarter than you, badder than you, they know the truth and you don't and I'm gonna smack you around with it, cause it makes me feel good about myself...for just a minute.

It gives them a small thrill to post online, things that would otherwise get them a punch in the face.

And then, when they have been rude and hateful, they get pats on the back from other people who do the same thing.

Personally, I think it's pretty pathetic.

Memento Mori

I'm not going to comment on the different doctrinal beliefs. I just don't understand the arguing about scripture. The need to be right. The need to be more 'Biblical' than you. The need to show that I am smarter and closer to God than you.

Geeze..get over yourselves. Really.

As for the hatred and name calling etc, well I have a theory.....

It gives them a thrill. A small little thrill, for just a minute. For that small space of time, they are smarter than you, badder than you, they know the truth and you don't and I'm gonna smack you around with it, cause it makes me feel good about myself...for just a minute.

It gives them a small thrill to post online, things that would otherwise get them a punch in the face.

And then, when they have been rude and hateful, they get pats on the back from other people who do the same thing.

That's stupid, you're stupid, and I'm the only one that's right about anything. So take that...

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff. Sorry, it's been awhile since my last insult fix and I just had to get it immediately.

Personally, I think it's pretty pathetic.

Aww... C'mon, you know you enjoy it every now and then (like right here for instance). Some people just don't know when to stop.

Thunder's Muse

That's stupid, you're stupid, and I'm the only one that's right about anything. So take that...

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff. Sorry, it's been awhile since my last insult fix and I just had to get it immediately.

You're wrong. So just sit there in your wrongness and be wrong.

(I saw that on FB once and always wanted to post that on TOL. :D)

Aww... C'mon, you know you enjoy it every now and then (like right here for instance). Some people just don't know when to stop.

You know, if I had any idea how to imbed a youtube vid, you'd be watching Kylie Minogue sing "I should be so lucky" right now.

:plain:

:D

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
there was a lot of hate, anger, and confusion here
but
once I got most of them on ignore it has been almost pleasant around here

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Not from everybody, certainly. But there are people on this site that seem to take deliberate action to misunderstand,
I have seen that rarely. Usually those are trolls.
to antagonize,
There are some of those, too. Definitely trolls.
to insult and strike out.
Born from the frustration of "being right" when such may not be the case.
And they claim to have the Lord in them.
Some, but the primary source of what you refer to are from folks who don't "have the Lord in them." In fact, quite the opposite and they will tell you so.
Are they lying? Are they deluded?
Those are always possibilities.
Is this what being indwelt with Christ does to some people? Are they having a bad reaction to being saved?
I never thought of "being saved" as some sort of vaccine against being human. There are too many variables involved with such a question which would preclude a quick answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.