Why I love divorce

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matt. 5:32; 19:9; Mark 10:11; 1 Cor. 7:10, 11
frantics.gif

You would condemn a wife to a life of bashings by a drunk, for your own false religious reasons.

and deny her the care and love of a real man.

The real Jesus does not do that.

Your jesus does.

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

LA

God's Truth

You would condemn a wife to a life of bashings by a drunk, for your own false religious reasons.

and deny her the care and love of a real man.

The real Jesus does not do that.

Your jesus does.

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

LA

Matthew 19:10 The disciples said to Him, "If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry." 11 But He said to them, "Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given. 12"For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."

The man or the woman can live the rest of her life as an eunuch.

God's Truth

Yes, if I'm a thief, I'm told--steal no more (Eph 4:28). I'm not told stealing is just fine and dandy (1 Jn 1:9).

That is right. Stealing is a sin. We can make all kinds of excuses why we might need to steal...hungry and poor, etc.; however, it is still a sin.

Proverbs 30:9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"That is right. Stealing is a sin. We can make all kinds of excuses why we might need to steal...hungry and poor, etc.; however, it is still a sin."
Exactly. Sin is sin (Ex 20:14) which is why we need a savior (2 Cor. 5:18, 19). He bought our righteousness by shedding his blood (2 Cor. 5:20, 21).

"He cannot lower his standards and slip you into heaven by the cover of night." ~ J. Vernon McGee Mt 19:6

"Proverbs 30:9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God."
"Man's Prayer to God (30:7–9)

30:7–9. The words two things introduce a series of six numerical sayings in this chapter (vv. 7–9, 15b–16, 18–19, 21–23, 24–28, 29–31). This prayer for “two things” affirms the humility introduced in verses 2–3. Realizing his frailty, the writer asked the LORD for specific help in two areas of weakness before he died: protection from lying, and provision of daily sustenance (bread; cf. Matt. 6:11) without the temptations of wealth or poverty. Wealth might cause him to disown and forget the LORD (cf. Deut. 8:12–17) thinking he could care for himself; and poverty might cause him to steal and thus dishonor God’s character." Walvoord, J. F., & Zuck, R. B., Dallas Theological Seminary. (1985). The Bible Knowledge Commentary: An Exposition of the Scriptures (Vol. 1, p. 970). Wheaton, IL: Victor Books.

2 Sa 12:14 David repented (Ps. 32:1–11; Ps. 51:1–19).

God's Truth

Exactly. Sin is sin (Ex 20:14) which is why we need a savior (2 Cor. 5:18, 19). He bought our righteousness by shedding his blood (2 Cor. 5:20, 21).

"He cannot lower his standards and slip you into heaven by the cover of night." ~ J. Vernon McGee Mt 19:6

"Man's Prayer to God (30:7–9)

30:7–9. The words two things introduce a series of six numerical sayings in this chapter (vv. 7–9, 15b–16, 18–19, 21–23, 24–28, 29–31). This prayer for “two things” affirms the humility introduced in verses 2–3. Realizing his frailty, the writer asked the LORD for specific help in two areas of weakness before he died: protection from lying, and provision of daily sustenance (bread; cf. Matt. 6:11) without the temptations of wealth or poverty. Wealth might cause him to disown and forget the LORD (cf. Deut. 8:12–17) thinking he could care for himself; and poverty might cause him to steal and thus dishonor God’s character." Walvoord, J. F., & Zuck, R. B., Dallas Theological Seminary. (1985). The Bible Knowledge Commentary: An Exposition of the Scriptures (Vol. 1, p. 970). Wheaton, IL: Victor Books.

2 Sa 12:14 David repented (Ps. 32:1–11; Ps. 51:1–19).

Just wondering why you need to mention all those men?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"You would condemn a wife to a life of bashings by a drunk..."
Dr. Laura Schlessinger would agree with you. I do not. She can learn how to fight back. She can ask her church for help (Mt 18). I'm sure they have a few Italians who could lend a fist. :idunno: Mt 5:32

"...for your own false religious reasons."
:yawn: Provide scripture to support your truth claim. :peach:

"...and deny her the care and love of a real man."
You call adulterers real men. :idunno: I do not (Ex 20:14, Lk 16:18). :rolleyes: You are not improving her situation by recommending she commit adultery (Lk 16:18). :dizzy: Ro 14:12

As a reminder Lazy Afternoon is number 11 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Ben Masada

Why I love divorce.

Why I love divorce.

There are many good reasons. Can you think of any?

Yea! There are many good reasons and the main one must be because God hates divorce. Have you ever read Malachi 2:13? The Lord divorced Israel and hated to have done that. The time had arrived for the Lord to divorce one of the two women married to Him and He didn't like to have to do that as He loved both: Israel and Judah. But He had no other choice but to divorce one of them; Israel there is, and keep Judah forever to Himself. (Psa. 78:67-69) Therefore the best reason for you to love divorce must be the fact that the Lord had to divorce Israel, and you can't help but let us know today the reason why you love divorce.

God's Truth

So, all of you who think remarriage is a sin, do you think believers that are remarried should divorce?

As I have said a few times before that I am not saying anyone is supposed to divorce their second wife. However, they should ask for forgiveness and start preaching the truth, and that is that we are not to remarry while our spouse is alive, and we are not to marry a divorced person.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Serial adulterers] "...[T]hey should ask for forgiveness and start preaching the truth, and that is that we are not to remarry while our spouse is alive, and we are not to marry a divorced person."

Yes. If I've murdered someone (Ex 20:13) I don't run around after conversion (Ac 26:9; 1 Tim 1:13) telling everyone how great murder is. :dizzy: The apostle Paul called himself chief among sinners (1 Ti 1:15). It wasn't a pious platitude :eek: (Ac 9:1, 2, 22:3–5, 26:10, 11; Gal. 1:13). He really was :CRASH: the Osama bin Laden of his day.

Adultery (Ex 20:14) is a forgivable sin (Mt 12:31). Repent (Ac 8:22, 9:35, 15:3, 1 Sa 7:3). Beg the Lord to forgive you (1 Jn 1:9).

See:

Divorce & Remarriage: A Position Paper by John Piper

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
No one wins in divorce, and the ones that pay the most are innocent children. In most cases, divorce is a selfish act.
2 Ti 3:2

Marry a believer (2 Co 6:14). :straight: The last thing you want to do is watch your kids follow your unbelieving spouse to hell (Mt 10:36).

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me [Exod. 20:4–5].

"Some people may feel that this passage does not apply to us today. Colossians 3:5 tells us that “… covetousness … is idolatry.” Anything that you give yourself to, especially in abandonment, becomes your “god.” Many people do not worship Bacchus, the cloven–footed Greek and Roman god of wine and revelry of long ago, but they worship the bottle just the same. There are millions of alcoholics in our country right now. The liquor interests like to tell us about how much of the tax burden they carry, when actually they do not pay a fraction of the bill for the casualties they cause by their product. A lot of propaganda is being fed to this generation and large groups of people are being brainwashed. Whether or not folk recognize it, they worship the god Bacchus.

Other people worship Aphrodite, that is, the goddess of sex. Some people worship money. Anything to which you give your time, heart, and soul, becomes your god. God says that we are not to have any gods before Him." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Law (Exodus 19–40) (electronic ed., Vol. 5, pp. 26–27). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

God's Truth

Yes. If I've murdered someone (Ex 20:13) I don't run around after conversion (Ac 26:9; 1 Tim 1:13) telling everyone how great murder is. :dizzy: The apostle Paul called himself chief among sinners (1 Ti 1:15). It wasn't a pious platitude :eek: (Ac 9:1, 2, 22:3–5, 26:10, 11; Gal. 1:13). He really was :CRASH: the Osama bin Laden of his day.

Adultery (Ex 20:14) is a forgivable sin (Mt 12:31). Repent (Ac 8:22, 9:35, 15:3, 1 Sa 7:3). Beg the Lord to forgive you (1 Jn 1:9).

See:

I would agree with you. However, if you have studied God's Word in the Holy Bible with the Holy Spirit for yourself, then stop with the John Piper exalting.

Is it your beliefs now or is it still John Piper's beliefs? Have you studied God's Truth as written in the Holy Bible, or are you just agreeing with John Piper?

HisServant

Matthew 5:32 NASB
but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

You embody everything that is wrong with Christianity today. God is going to crush your type over the next couple of decades.

God's Truth

You embody everything that is wrong with Christianity today. God is going to crush your type over the next couple of decades.

Satan is trying to do away with God's Truth; and, you are right, for when Jesus comes will he find faith? You just do not know who is doing the crushing of the Truth.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...Marriage is a contract of mutual decency :popcorn: ....There are people who live lives of misery :popcorn: ...I don't think they are morally bound to life a life of misery." :reals: ~ Dennis Prager, radio program 21 Jul 15 Ge 12:1, 2, Job 1:6–22, 2 Cor. 11:21–33

dumped-2567.gif

See: