Why I love divorce

God's Truth

Is the alcoholic forgiven if he takes a drink? Is the drug addict forgiven if they indulge in a hit?

Is Romans 7 so far from you that you would not forgive?

Romans 7:15-25 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

God can forgive someone who willfully sins.

Now stop going against those who preach obedience to Christ and teach the truth that we are not to remarry.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Of course, a person can remarry someone after their spouse dies, but not remarry a divorced person.

"Well, let's get specific, Bob!" ~ George Malley, Phenomenon

She must wait until he is good and dead :dead:--not mostly dead
6ep76a.gif
--mostly. 1 Co 7:39

Day-Dreaming.gif

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God can forgive someone who willfully sins.

Now stop going against those who preach obedience to Christ and teach the truth that we are not to remarry.

Your point is moot. Yes in a perfect world marriage would be once for life, but that is not so. I have been happily married to my second wife for thirty four years today. And you know what? My first wife has forgiven. What a concept, forgiveness.

God's Truth

"Well, let's get specific, Bob!" ~ George Malley, Phenomenon

She must wait until he is good and dead :dead:--not mostly dead
6ep76a.gif
--mostly.
cartman22.gif
1 Co 7:39

Day-Dreaming.gif

If a person is widowed they can remarry another widow or a person who has not ever been married.

Do you understand now?

God's Truth

Your point is moot. Yes in a perfect world marriage would be once for life, but that is not so. I have been happily married to my second wife for thirty four years today. And you know what? My first wife has forgiven. What a concept, forgiveness.

Why don't you see that you are not doing right when you do not preach what Jesus says?

God's Truth

I never said that. Are you saying that Jesus does not forgive?

You keep going against me whenever I tell you what Jesus says and that you should obey him.

Why do you keep doing that? You need to ask yourself why you do that. Jesus forgiving does not give you permission to sin.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You keep going against me whenever I tell you what Jesus says and that you should obey him.

Why do you keep doing that? You need to ask yourself why you do that. Jesus forgiving does not give you permission to sin.

No you are wrong. You need to learn to be non-judgmental and forgive.

Matthew 7:1 Modern English Version (MEV)

Judging Others
7 “Judge not, that you be not judged.

God's Truth

No you are wrong. You need to learn to be non-judgmental and forgive.

Matthew 7:1 Modern English Version (MEV)

Judging Others
7 “Judge not, that you be not judged.

You are a false witness.

Show where I say I do not forgive.

You feel convicted by Jesus' words so you falsely accuse me.

God's Truth

There are people here who need to ask for forgiveness for remarrying and then for attacking others for telling them that Jesus says not to remarry unless your spouse dies.