ECT WHY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS !!

achduke

We agree to disagree. there are many questionable behavior and teachings of Paul IMO.

good day.

I will not continue.

One last thing. I know you do not believe the scriptures about Paul but most of Paul is misunderstood. Peter even makes that clear.

2 Peter 3:16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures

achduke

Probably it was in order to keep company with them.

but I wonder how that would help the Jews to believe the gospel spoken by Timothy.

Have you any ideas of its value?

LA

Is the gospel spoken by Timothy not the same one handed down from Christ through Paul? Paul would not have been able to be everywhere.

Also Timothy would have been a good example of a gentile believer.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Quite the opposite. It is not illegal to circumcise someone.
It is mutilation of the flesh.

Philippians 3:2 Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh.

Paul saw value in it with Timothy for the ministry.

None of the Jews would let Timothy come around them if he were not circumcised.

Paul listened to God not to man.

Paul did it so that Timothy could go near the Jews WHO REJECT CHRIST.
Circumcision did not save Timothy. He was already saved! The Jews did not force Paul to circumcise Timothy. Paul cares not what man thinks but instead cares what God thinks. Paul obviously thinks it is alright to circumcise. It is still obedient to be circumcised if God leads you to circumcision.

1 Corinthians 9:20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law;

Paul does it for the ministry.

You are ignorant.

God's Truth

Paul was being a hypocrite. He humiliated Peter for circumcising followers.

Paul circumcised Timothy so that he could take him around the Jews, the Jews who rejected the truth.

Peter was acting out of line with the truth by staying away from the Gentiles.

achduke

It is mutilation of the flesh.

Philippians 3:2 Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh.

Yet a commandment from God and Paul who listened to God performed it.

None of the Jews would let Timothy come around them if he were not circumcised.

How does one find out if they are truly circumcised?

Paul did it so that Timothy could go near the Jews WHO REJECT CHRIST.

So you think Paul and Timothy led no Jews to being saved?

God's Truth

Paul criticised Peter for pretending he was not eating with Gentiles when the Jews would come around. There is no law from God that Jews could not eat food with the Gentiles. Peter was the one being hypocritical. Peter was listening to and fearing men.

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile.

Acts 11:3
and said, "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them."

John 18:28
Then the Jewish leaders took Jesus from Caiaphas to the palace of the Roman governor. By now it was early morning, and to avoid ceremonial uncleanness they did not enter the palace, because they wanted to be able to eat the Passover.

Genesis 17:14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant."

Exodus 12:48 "A foreigner residing among you who wants to celebrate the LORD's Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat it.

Joshua 23:7 Do not associate with these nations that remain among you;

Ezekiel 44:7
In addition to all your other detestable practices, you brought foreigners uncircumcised in heart and flesh into my sanctuary, desecrating my temple while you offered me food, fat and blood, and you broke my covenant.

achduke

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile.

Acts 11:3
and said, "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them."

John 18:28
Then the Jewish leaders took Jesus from Caiaphas to the palace of the Roman governor. By now it was early morning, and to avoid ceremonial uncleanness they did not enter the palace, because they wanted to be able to eat the Passover.

Genesis 17:14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant."

Exodus 12:48 "A foreigner residing among you who wants to celebrate the LORD's Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat it.

Joshua 23:7 Do not associate with these nations that remain among you;

Ezekiel 44:7
In addition to all your other detestable practices, you brought foreigners uncircumcised in heart and flesh into my sanctuary, desecrating my temple while you offered me food, fat and blood, and you broke my covenant.

Show me a law from God not from the Jews where they could not eat with gentile believers.

God's Truth

That is what the circumcision party did. They were unbelieved men that would tell people they needed to be circumcised before they would be saved. Faith first and then if you are led to be circumcised then do so but you are not saved from being circumcised. The circumcision party taught the law saved. It does not. If an unbeliever goes out and gets circumcised are they now a believer?

Peter was not part of the circumcision party but was fearing them.

Galatians 5:2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.

God's Truth

To love Christ is to believe in Christ and have faith. This happens before obedience.

You do not say what Jesus says. Jesus says those who love will obey.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

achduke

Galatians 5:2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.

Galatians 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Keep reading. The law does not justify you. If you do not have faith the law does nothing for you.

Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

God's Truth

Is the gospel spoken by Timothy not the same one handed down from Christ through Paul? Paul would not have been able to be everywhere.

Also Timothy would have been a good example of a gentile believer.

Timothy was Paul's helper.

Acts 19:22 He sent two of his helpers, Timothy and Erastus, to Macedonia, while he stayed in the province of Asia a little longer.

achduke

You do not say what Jesus says. Jesus says those who love will obey.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Do you follow those you do not love?

God's Truth

Romans 16:21 Timothy, my fellow worker, and Lucius, Jason, and Sosipater, my kinsmen, greet you.

You cannot nullify scripture with scripture.

Paul wanted to take Timothy along to help him.

Acts 19:22 He sent two of his helpers, Timothy and Erastus, to Macedonia, while he stayed in the province of Asia a little longer.

achduke

You cannot nullify scripture with scripture.

Paul wanted to take Timothy along to help him.

Why are you concerned with the difference between helper, disciple or worker?

No scripture was nullified since you did not post scripture.