ECT WHY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS !!

achduke

Many misunderstand Paul and think he was saying we do not have to obey Jesus to be saved. That is not what Paul was saying. Paul was explaining why we are not saved by doing all the ceremonial works anymore.

Where does he say to do no ceremonial works?

SaulToPaul 2

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

You have works mixed up.

LA

LA the Great Guru, and judge of all mankind, did not even read heir's post.
Grace without works is not dead.

DAN P

LA the Great Guru, and judge of all mankind, did not even read heir's post.
Grace without works is not dead.

Hi and it is VERY AMUSING because we IMITATE Paul as he IMITATES Christ we are in the BODY OF CHRIST or we are "in Christ " and they Fail to see them self " in Christ " , don't they see ??:darwinsm::darwinsm:

dan p

Last edited:

God's Truth

Hi and it is VERY AMUSING because we IMITATE Paul as he IMITATES Christ we are in the BODY OF CHRIST or we are "in Christ " and the Fail to see them self " in Christ " , don't they see ??:darwinsm::darwinsm:

dan p

We are not to put any man over another.

If I am a Jew would I say I do not follow Paul I follow Peter?

achduke

The ceremonial works are the works that justified and the works we no longer have to do.

Paul would not ever tell anyone we are saved by faith and no obedience.

That is insanity.

Do you know of any scripture that says ceremonial works?

Danoh

Hi and it is VERY AMUSING because we IMITATE Paul as he IMITATES Christ we are in the BODY OF CHRIST or we are "in Christ " and the Fail to see them self " in Christ " , don't they see ??:darwinsm::darwinsm:

dan p

Read the following in British English, lol

What's that you say?

My word! Have you taken leave of your senses?

The "church of God" at Corinth was "in the Body?"

What's that you say - Are you MAD?

You'd best have a spot of tea...

:rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Every time Paul says faith and no works, it is CIRCUMCISION that is mentioned as the works, and that IS the ceremonial works.

You made that up. Paul is preaching, "Faith without works saves."
Faith pleases God. Galatians 3:6 "Even as Abraham believed God,
and it was accounted to him for righteousness"

You're being a "false teacher" spreading a "false gospel."

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for
he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a
rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

achduke

Every time Paul says faith and no works, it is CIRCUMCISION that is mentioned as the works, and that IS the ceremonial works.

Even if physical circumcision was no longer valid which it is not. This does not make all ceremonial laws invalid. Do you have any other scriptures that say there are no more ceremonial laws?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You made that up. Paul is preaching, "Faith without works saves."
Faith pleases God. Galatians 3:6 "Even as Abraham believed God,
and it was accounted to him for righteousness"

You're being a "false teacher" spreading a "false gospel."

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for
he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a
rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

Faith without works does NOT save.

. Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

LA

DAN P

Hi and in Gal 2:7 Paul was preaching "" THE UN-CIRCUMCISION GOSPEL ." as Paul never preached the " CIRCUMCISION " at all Eph 2:11 !!

DAN P

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and in Gal 2:7 Paul was preaching "" THE UN-CIRCUMCISION GOSPEL ." as Paul never preached the " CIRCUMCISION " at all Eph 2:11 !!

DAN P

Yes he did.

Paul preached the circumcision of mens hearts by the Spirit of God, to both Jew and Gentile alike.

Rom 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
Rom 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

LA

achduke

Yes he did.

Paul preached the circumcision of mens hearts by the Spirit of God, to both Jew and Gentile alike.

Rom 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
Rom 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

LA

Most people do not see Romans 2:25. They gloss over it.

DAN P

Yes he did.

Ro

Hi and here is a better translation of Rom 2:24 , For indeed circumcision is useful IF you practice ( the ) Law , but IF you should be a Transgressor of ( the ) Law , your circumcision has become Un-circumcision , and of course you have been keeping the 613 Laws of Mose ?

So you do not believe in Grace , like in Eph 2:8 ?

And then believe thjat Christ is running two programs at one time LAW and Grace ??

dan p

Danoh

Hi and here is a better translation of Rom 2:24 , For indeed circumcision is useful IF you practice ( the ) Law , but IF you should be a Transgressor of ( the ) Law , your circumcision has become Un-circumcision , and of course you have been keeping the 613 Laws of Mose ?

So you do not believe in Grace , like in Eph 2:8 ?

And then believe thjat Christ is running two programs at one time LAW and Grace ??

dan p

Lol, brother - you talk about "a better translation," and then cite 2:24, but quote "a better translation of" 2:25.

Romans 2:

24. For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
25. For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the KJV's translation, as is :)

DAN P

Lol, brother - you talk about "a better translation," and then cite 2:24, but quote "a better translation of" 2:25.

Romans 2:

24. For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
25. For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the KJV's translation, as is :)

Hi and I always use a KJV and I quote Robert C Brocks translation since he is a Pauline translator !!

Just because a person really is a Greek scholar , does not make him Pauline !!

I know that translations are more Transliteraltion and the KJV is NOT inspired and has many word not in there translation , so are KJV ONLY ?

Explain Acts 2:38 for me !!

dan p