ECT WHY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS !!

God's Truth

I do love Christ. It is my desire to obey Him. But I am first justified by faith. Else I am not doing it for God but would instead be doing it for myself.

You are justified by faith in Jesus blood clean you of your sins, and you are saved by confessing.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

achduke

I did post scripture; and, you are the one going against the helper comment.

Here is the problem with Galatians. They were forcing the law on people to be saved. This is not the gospel. The people preaching law are doing it for the wrong reasons. They are doing it for their own reasons and not God's reasons.

It is my desire to obey and serve God. I do not force God's law on anyone to tell them they need to do this or that to be saved. We are saved by faith. Works are proof of being saved. Someone with bad fruit is most probably not saved at the time. It is sign of our being saved or not being saved but it does not save us. We were already saved.

Galatians 6:13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may glory in your flesh.

The people in Galatians were teaching circumcision for their own glory, not for God.

God's Truth

Here is the problem with Galatians. They were forcing the law on people to be saved.

They were not forced into obeying the ceremonial works of the law, they were talked into it.

This is not the gospel. The people preaching law are doing it for the wrong reasons. They are doing it for their own reasons and not God's reasons.

It is my desire to obey and serve God. I do not force God's law on anyone to tell them they need to do this or that to be saved. We are saved by faith.

Faith alone does not save anyone.

Works are proof of being saved. Someone with bad fruit is most probably not saved at the time. It is sign of our being saved or not being saved but it does not save us. We were already saved.

Galatians 6:13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may glory in your flesh.

The people in Galatians were teaching circumcision for their own glory, not for God.

You say things that are not in the scripture.

They were teaching circumcision because they did not accept the fact that Jesus' blood cleans us, not circumcision and the other ceremonail works.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Grace through faith does!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

You have works mixed up.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

You have works mixed up.

LA

You have "EVERYTHING" mixed up. Now are you gonna predict
my grisly death again?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the past you have called The Apostle Paul an "anti-Christ" and
you only believe in Matthew, Mark, and Luke and reject the rest
of the Bible. You shouldn't be posting in this area of TOL?

Yet you reject Matthew Mark luke and John, along with Peters letters and the book of James which you really need so much to read.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yet you reject Matthew Mark luke and John, along with Peters letters and the book of James which you really need so much to read.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

LA

Who ever told you that you could hand out "death predictions" to
posters on TOL?

achduke

They were teaching circumcision because they did not accept the fact that Jesus' blood cleans us, not circumcision and the other ceremonail works.

Galatians 6:13 Tells us why they were teaching circumcision.

There is nothing wrong with circumcision in it's own right. If the spirit leads one to be circumcised then they should become circumcised.

Galatians 6:15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

If you do not keep God's commands then all those works you performed are for naught.

Ezekiel 33:12 “Therefore, son of man, say to your people, ‘If someone who is righteous disobeys, that person’s former righteousness will count for nothing. And if someone who is wicked repents, that person’s former wickedness will not bring condemnation. The righteous person who sins will not be allowed to live even though they were formerly righteous.

God's Truth

Many misunderstand Paul and think he was saying we do not have to obey Jesus to be saved. That is not what Paul was saying. Paul was explaining why we are not saved by doing all the ceremonial works anymore.