Why God Does NOT Impose Salvation On Anyone

Robert Pate

Banned
The answer is very simple.

God does not impose salvation on anyone for several reasons.

1. Salvation is a gift from God.

There are numerous scriptures that tell us savation is a gift from God that has been provided for us by his Son Jesus Christ. In Romans 5:15-18 The word "gift" is mentioned 5 times. And then there are many other scriptures that refer to salvation as a gift from God.

2. Does God really need to make people love him?

According to Calvinism, God had to elect "Some certain Persons" before the foundation of the world to be his own special people. He has to make them love or like him. It appears that God is such a tyrant that he just can't trust people to love or like him by their own free wills. So, he imposes salvation on them.

3. Salvation is by grace through faith.

The Bible teaches that salvation is by grace through faith. The word "grace" means God's unmerited favor towards fallen man. God was merciful in sending Jesus into the world to provide salvation for fallen man. In the Old Testament they were justified by believing in God's promise of a savior. In the New Testament we are justified by believing that Jesus is our savior. Nothing has changed, we are justified by faith and by faith alone. And not by being predestinated or by having salvation imposed upon us.

The God of the Bible imposes salvation on no one. If you want to be saved you will have to come to Christ as a repentant sinner and ask Jesus to save you, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Last edited:

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Yup. Salvation is a gift from God. Those who seek the only true God will be gifted with salvation. The whole point is that we are the ones who must seek Him. That is what we are to do with our own free will.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yup. Salvation is a gift from God. Those who seek the only true God will be gifted with salvation. The whole point is that we are the ones who must seek Him. That is what we are to do with our own free will.

Yes, if we don't come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him we will hear those dreadful words... "Depart from me, I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

Ben Masada

Why God Does Not Impose Salvation On Anyone?

Why God Does Not Impose Salvation On Anyone?

Because first, He granted us with Freewill. Hence, He cannot impose salvation on us if we do not want. But that's not absolute. HaShem can impose something on us in case of Pichuach Nephesh. I mean, if there is something else more important than to respect our attribute of Freewill; as for instance to save our physical life.

Robert Pate

Banned
Because first, He granted us with Freewill. Hence, He cannot impose salvation on us if we do not want. But that's not absolute. HaShem can impose something on us in case of Pichuach Nephesh. I mean, if there is something else more important than to respect our attribute of Freewill; as for instance to save our physical life.

What is Pichuach Nephesh?

relaff

Here's my take:

The basic problem is sin. We're all sinners and God does not love sin. Actually the penalty for sin is death, hence all the sacrifices before Jesus came. Jesus gave the ultimate sacrifice, himself being unblemished. If we believe in Him and will accept Him as our savior, his sacrifice washes our sins away and we can be saved.

So agree with 1 and 3 from the OP, but have a different opinion on 2 (or maybe I just misunderstand it): Gods wants us to love Him, because he "enjoys" being loved. But he neither "needs" it or does he force His love on us. He wants us to love him out of our free will.

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Here's my take:

The basic problem is sin. We're all sinners and God does not love sin. Actually the penalty for sin is death, hence all the sacrifices before Jesus came. Jesus gave the ultimate sacrifice, himself being unblemished. If we believe in Him and will accept Him as our savior, his sacrifice washes our sins away and we can be saved.

So agree with 1 and 3 from the OP, but have a different opinion on 2 (or maybe I just misunderstand it): Gods wants us to love Him, because he "enjoys" being loved. But he neither "needs" it or does he force His love on us. He wants us to love him out of our free will.

Jesus didn't really give the ultimate sacrifice tbh because the disciples and new Jewish followers of Jesus continue to offer sacrifices at the temple up until the destruction of the temple of Jerusalem.

But your conclusion is what I agree with, and tbh it's summed up nicely in an authentic Islamic Qudsi hadith (God's sayings, not Muhammad's like a traditional hadith, that aren't in the Qur'an).
“I was a Treasure unknown then I desired to be known so I created a creation to which I made Myself known; then they knew Me.” Hadith Qudsi.

Nanja

Nope. There is none that seek after God Rom. 3:11.

Our own freewill?
No. God's Salvation is according to His Will Dan. 4:35 not the will of the created thing.

God had Chosen those in Christ whom He predestinated to become His Adopted Sons Eph. 1:4-5
according to His own Purpose and Grace, not according to what they willed.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Nope. There is none that seek after God Rom. 3:11.

Our own freewill?
No. God's Salvation is according to His Will Dan. 4:35 not the will of the created thing.

God had Chosen those in Christ whom He predestinated to become His Adopted Sons Eph. 1:4-5
according to His own Purpose and Grace, not according to what they willed.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

~~~~~

Some do seek after God, but not all.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ, Revelation 3:20.

"Today if you hear his voice , harden not your hearts, as in the provocation" Hebrews 3:15.

You apparently have hardened your heart towards Christ.

Instead of coming to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him you have gone off into a false religion called Calvinism.

John Calvin is NOT the way, the truth and the life. Jesus is.

beloved57

There are numerous scriptures that tell us savation is a gift from God that has been provided for us by his Son Jesus Christ. In Romans 5:15-18 The word "gift" is mentioned 5 times. And then there are many other scriptures that refer to salvation as a gift from God.

According to Calvinism, God had to elect "Some certain Persons" before the foundation of the world to be his own special people. He has to make them love or like him. It appears that God is such a tyrant that he just can't trust people to love or like him by their own free wills. So, he imposes salvation on them.

The Bible teaches that salvation is by grace through faith. The word "grace" means God's unmerited favor towards fallen man. God was merciful in sending Jesus into the world to provide salvation for fallen man. In the Old Testament they were justified by believing in God's promise of a savior. In the New Testament we are justified by believing that Jesus is our savior. Nothing has changed, we are justified by faith and by faith alone. And not by being predestinated or by having salvation imposed upon us.

The God of the Bible imposes salvation on no one. If you want to be saved you will have to come to Christ as a repentant sinner and ask Jesus to save you, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

You dont even believe Christ's Death alone saved all for whom He died, you make Him a Failure as a Saviour.

Now say you dont believe that many for whom Christ shall end up lost in their sins in unbelief !

Truster

If Yah Veh had not come into the garden to seek Adam and Eve they would still be hiding. The children of Adam still hide and that's why the Messiah said He has come to seek and to save that which is lost.

To understand this simple principle of salvation you must first be found.

Ben Masada

What is Pichuach Nephesh?

Pichuach Nephesh is a Jewish concept which works as an allowance to wave a commandment when another more important must be fulfilled. For example, to kill to save your own life or that of another. Also to eat pork as Jew law is concerned, when he is starving and there is absolutely nothing else to eat.

The Lord Himself used of Pichuach Nephesh when He hardened the heart of Pharaoh to hold the Israelites in Egypt and not to allow the Exodus to happen. To get the Israelites out of Egypt was much more important then to respect the Freewill of Pharaoh. Any one can use of Pichuach Nephesh but he or she must be absolutely sure that there is no other option.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Focusing on point two, which is where the bulk of the Calvinist opposition will come from, your thread might have been entitled...

Why God Does NOT Impose Love On Anyone?

God does not because God cannot!

God cannot do the irrational. To say otherwise is to believe in fairy tales and magic.

God cannot make perfect spheres with more than one side, He cannot go to a place that does not exist, He cannot create without making something, He cannot be just and do unjust things and He cannot force someone to love.

Love is a choice, by definition and thus cannot be forced.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

Luke 10:25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?”

27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’”

28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”​

Resting in Him,
Clete

beloved57

Of course God doesn't impose salvation on anyone, He just gives it to His elect for whom Christ died! They have it while they are enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10 for to be reconciled to God is Salvation, that means all has been forgiven !