ECT WHY EVANGELICAL PROTESTANTS BECOME CATHOLICS

brewmama

I see the one baptism (Ephesians 4:5 KJV) which is by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV)/a baptism into Christ's death (Romans 6:3-4 KJV) just fine! It's how I know you are spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV). I consider what Paul says and the Lord gives thee understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). You have to get saved for that to happen or you will just stay on the devil's course (Ephesians 2:2 KJV).

Why on earth do you assume that "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ" is referring to the Apostolic Church, of which Paul was a founder? That's just crazy. If anyone is following the vain traditions of men, it is those that break away from the Apostolic Church.

brewmama

How can you call a church apostolic, when it has no apostles? misnomer...

Because our bishops are direct successors to the Apostles.

Apostolic Church
Word Origin
noun
the Christian church as founded by the apostles.

Apostolic succession, in Christianity, the teaching that bishops represent a direct, uninterrupted line of continuity from the Apostles of Jesus Christ. According to this teaching, bishops possess certain special powers handed down to them from the Apostles; these consist primarily of the right to confirm church members, to ordain priests, to consecrate other bishops, and to rule over the clergy and church members in their diocese (an area made up of several congregations).

Wick Stick

I just find it kind of silly.

"Welcome to the Fraternity of Horsemen."

"Where do you ride? I don't see any place for it?"

"Well we don't actually ride, not anymore, not for generations!"

"Well, what do you do then?"

"Why - we polish our saddles, of course!"

Mmmmkay.

Jarrod

Cruciform

I see the one baptism (Ephesians 4:5 KJV) which is by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV)/a baptism into Christ's death (Romans 6:3-4 KJV) just fine! It's how I know you are spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV). I consider what Paul says and the Lord gives thee understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). You have to get saved for that to happen or you will just stay on the devil's course (Ephesians 2:2 KJV).
Already answered (Post #96).

Cruciform

I just find it kind of silly."Welcome to the Fraternity of Horsemen.""Where do you ride? I don't see any place for it?""Well we don't actually ride, not anymore, not for generations!""Well, what do you do then?""Why - we polish our saddles, of course!" Mmmmkay.
Straw Man Fallacy. Try again.

Wick Stick

Straw Man Fallacy. Try again.
[Inigo Montoya]
You keep using that word. I do not think you know what it means.
[/Inigo Montoya]

No, but really. A straw-man fallacy calls for me to misrepresent your argument. In this case, I made the original argument, then made an example of it. I'm pretty sure I didn't misrepresent my own argument, so, as you would say...

My post stands as written! Try again! Post 3642, subsection (a)!

Jarrod

Cruciform

A straw-man fallacy calls for me to misrepresent your argument.
A Straw Man involves misrepresenting your opponent's position, which your assertion certainly does:
"Cruciform is like my mother-in-law, a Cathaholic. It's their drug and they're addicted."

It also engages in an Ad Hominem Fallacy. Yet, you claim that it is "true." Again: Post your proof.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

brewmama

I just find it kind of silly.

"Welcome to the Fraternity of Horsemen."

"Where do you ride? I don't see any place for it?"

"Well we don't actually ride, not anymore, not for generations!"

"Well, what do you do then?"

"Why - we polish our saddles, of course!"

Mmmmkay.

Jarrod

Well, if you choose not to be in the Church that has continued the teachings of the apostles down to this day, that's your decision.

But why would anyone not want to?

Last edited: