ECT why do we need Jesus death for our salvation ?

glorydaz

What part of your salvation did YOU pay for ?

I didn't pay for any of it, but your question is simply a diversion from the question you were asked.

That happens a lot when people answer a question with another question...it's a diversion to keep from answering what had been asked. You pointed to Adam, and Jerry asked if you bore any responsibility for being in sin. It's a good question.

glorydaz

What do most believe? Thank you

Many believe we all have been saddled with Adam's sin, the doctrine of original sin, so that even babies are guilty before they commit any sin of their own. It leads to other false doctrines, such as the depravity of man, and his inability to respond to the Gospel.

marhig

Many believe we all have been saddled with Adam's sin, the doctrine of original sin, so that even babies are guilty before they commit any sin of their own. It leads to other false doctrines, such as the depravity of man, and his inability to respond to the Gospel.

Oh ok thanks, no I don't believe that.

I believe that sin came into the world because of Adam, but we are responsible for our own sins. And righteousness came through Christ Jesus and through him by the power of the Spirit, we are made righteous.

Babies are innocent, as we grow, sin grows in us as we let it in, and we are dead to God in those sins, but through Christ, by the power of the Spirit, we are brought from death to life.

When we hear the gospel we have a choice, either repent and turn to God or not, and once we repent, we are forgiven of our sins but we are then the turn from sin and obey the living God.

Once we are born of God, and as the Spirit puts us to death and helps us to overcome sin, our fleshly nature dies, and we are risen with Christ and the life of Christ is made manifest within us by the power of the Holy Spirit. Then the love of God and life of Christ increases in and through us, and others don't see our old self anymore because we are dead to that life and dying to our flesh daily, and instead of seeing our flesh, they then see the love of God and the life of our Lord Jesus Christ through us.

marhig

why do we need Jesus death for our salvation ?
No we need his life!

Romans 5:10

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

dodge

I didn't pay for any of it, but your question is simply a diversion from the question you were asked.

That happens a lot when people answer a question with another question...it's a diversion to keep from answering what had been asked. You pointed to Adam, and Jerry asked if you bore any responsibility for being in sin. It's a good question.

If it wasn't for Adam there would be no sin !

All of MAD is "sorta" !

Jesus asked a lot of questions with questions do you believe Jesus was diverting ? I don't I believe Jesus asked questions to make people think.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If it wasn't for Adam there would be no sin !

Humans were designed to sin so that each person can learn not to sin.

It's called developing character, God's character.

Hands-on training in the knowledge of good and evil, clean and unclean.

dodge

Humans were designed to sin so that each person can learn not to sin.

It's called developing character, God's character.

Hands-on training in the knowledge of good and evil, clean and unclean.

Adam was given a choice and he disobeyed God. Humans were designed to obey and follow God.

dodge

YOU and the others that deny scripture that says there is no sin nature have yet to explain why sinless babies die.No one ever claimed a baby is born sinning but they will ALL eventually sin as it is their nature.

dodge

Yes, that's the way they were designed.

But children are not held accountable.

Jamie, they were designed to live forever and when Adam disobeyed God God barred their way to the tree of life. Man was designed to live forever but through their disobedience they were cursed to die physically by God, and spiritually if they reject Jesus.

Gen 3:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: