ECT why do we need Jesus death for our salvation ?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
why do we need Jesus death for our salvation ?

The Most High created humans through Christ to be his family, but sin alienates us from him. His solution was to send Jesus to be a propitiation for sin so we could be reconciled by Jesus' blood.

Those who accept this reconciliation can now be saved by the life of Jesus manifested in us.

To honor our spirit father we must honor our spirit mother.

glorydaz

The Most High created humans through Christ to be his family, but sin alienates us from him. His solution was to send Jesus to be a propitiation for sin so we could be reconciled by Jesus' blood.

Those who accept this reconciliation can now be saved by the life of Jesus manifested in us.

To honor our spirit father we must honor our spirit mother.

And who is this "spirit mother"?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And who is this "spirit mother"?

"but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all." (Galatians 4:26)

"So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free." (Galatians 4:31)

The New Jerusalem is the bride of Christ.

"Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Revelation 21:2)

"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14)

The New Jerusalem is the city of those who practice the commandments of the free woman.

Abraham: "for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God."
(Hebrews 11:10)

Our spirit mother is the covenant of the freewoman written on stone tablets with the finger of God.

"So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free." (Paul)

Jerry Shugart

why do we need Jesus death for our salvation ?

"Since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through Him!" (Ro.5:9).​

The sentence upon sin is death: "For the wages of sin is death" (Ro.6:23). When a man sins he becomes spiritually dead. Therefore, when a man sins the sentence upon him is death. No amount of good deeds can bring him righteousness after he sins. If he is ever to be justified in the sight of God it must be by the penalty being paid. He must be justified by death, "justified by blood" (Ro.5:9).

Once a sinner believes the gospel, then, at that time, he is identified with the death of the Lord Jesus. And at the same time when the Holy Spirit baptizes him "into Jesus Christ" (the Body of Christ; 1 Cor. 12: 13, 27) he is also baptized into the death of the Lord Jesus:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death"
(Ro.6:3-4).​

The sins of the Christian have already been judged on the Cross so now the Lord can declare him righteous.

glorydaz

"but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all." (Galatians 4:26)

"So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free." (Galatians 4:31)

The New Jerusalem is the bride of Christ.

"Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Revelation 21:2)

"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14)

The New Jerusalem is the city of those who practice the commandments of the free woman.

Abraham: "for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God."
(Hebrews 11:10)

Our spirit mother is the covenant of the freewoman written on stone tablets with the finger of God.

"So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free." (Paul)

What an active imagination!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing you say makes any of that a "spirt mother". You're making that up.

"Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? 'Cast out the bondwoman and her son for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.' So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free." (Galatians 4:30-31)

Paul is using the symbolic women as an allegory for two covenants.

Where the covenants real or did Paul make that up?

glorydaz

"Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? 'Cast out the bondwoman and her son for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.' So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free." (Galatians 4:30-31)

Paul is using the symbolic women as an allegory for two covenants.

Where the covenants real or did Paul make that up?

Oh, I understand the covenants and I understand what Paul says about them, it's your "spirit mother" that is made up.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, I understand the covenants and I understand what Paul says about them, it's your "spirit mother" that is made up.

Let's say for the sake of discussion that the bondwoman and the freewoman both have children, would that not make them mothers?

Did Paul say the law is spiritual? (Romans 7:14)

Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law, but to make it full.

What law?

"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments..." (Matthew 5:19)

Jesus then filled out two of the commandments spiritually so we would know what law he did not come to destroy.

Jesus places a blessing on those who keep our Father's commandments. (Revelation 22:14)

glorydaz

Let's say for the sake of discussion that the bondwoman and the freewoman both have children, would that not make them mothers?

Did Paul say the law is spiritual? (Romans 7:14)

Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law, but to make it full.

What law?

"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments..." (Matthew 5:19)

Jesus then filled out two of the commandments spiritually so we would know what law he did not come to destroy.

Jesus places a blessing on those who keep our Father's commandments. (Revelation 22:14)

:popcorn:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
can we shed our own and pay ?

If I paid my own sentence, I would go to hell where I belong. And as Peter explained what he learned from Paul, he doesn't want any to perish. So he offered me a gift. All I do in return is confess before others they too can have life.

Patrick Cronin

Why Jesus' Death?

Why Jesus' Death?

The Human harmony with God was broken by deliberate sin. This affected the whole human race so that no one was acceptable to God. This meant that even if every human being agreed together to sacrifice their tainted lives to God to make up for sin, it would be useless. "There was no one to open the scroll..."
God provided one human being who was not only without sin but completely acceptable to Him ("This is my Son the beloved..."). Jesus willingly obeyed His Father to sacrifice Himself ("For them I consecrate myself...")as an acceptable offering to God and this atoned for all human disobedience.
In His passion and death, Jesus willingly gave everything that the Father demanded of Him("I am a worm and no man...") accepting the extremity of prolonged torture.
"Just as by the disobedience of one man, sin came into the world....so by the obedience of one man all men shall be brought to life." (Romans 5:19)