why do liberals ALWAYS take the side of the vile?

Caledvwlch

"Real" property? Indulge us with a definition.

Exactly! So a dumpy old trailer doesn't count? Where's the line then? And what if someone decides one day that you have to own a business to vote? Or that you need to own at least one hundred million dollars worth of property to vote? None of these distinctions are any more arbitrary than the original one (that you must own property).

genuineoriginal

"Real" property? Indulge us with a definition.

REAL PROPERTY, That which consists of land, and of all rights and profits arising from and annexed to land, of a permanent, immovable nature. In order to make one's interest in land, real estate, it must be an interest not less than for the party's life, because a term of years, even for a thousand years, perpetually renewable, is a mere personal estate. 3 Russ. R. 376. It is usually comprised under the words lands, tenements, and hereditaments. Real property is corporeal, or incorporeal.
2. Corporeal consists wholly of substantial, permanent objects, which may all be comprehended under the general denomination of land. There are some chattels which are so annexed to the inheritance, that they are deemed a part of it, and are called heir looms. (q.v.) Money agreed or directed to be laid out in land is considered as real estate. Newl. on Contr. chap. 3; Fonb. Eq. B. 1, c. 6, Sec. 9; 3 Wheat. Rep. 577.
3. Incorporeal property, consists of certain inheritable rights, which are not, strictly speaking, of a corporeal nature, or land, although they are by their own nature or by use, annexed to corporeal inheritances, and are rights issuing out of them, or which concern them. These distinctions agree with the civil law. Just. Inst. 2, 2; Poth. Traite de la Communaute, part 1, c. 2, art. 1. The incorporeal hereditaments which subsist by the laws of the several states are fewer than those recognized by the English law. In the United States, there are fortunately no advowsons, tithes, nor dignities, as inheritances.
4. The most common incorporeal hereditaments, are, 1. Commons. 2. Ways. 3. Offices. 4. Franchises. 5. Rents. For authorities of what is real or personal property, see 8 Com. Dig. 564; 1 Vern. Rep. by Raithby, 4, n.; 2 Kent, Com. 277; 3 Id. 331; 4 Watts' R. 341; Bac. Ab. Executors, H 3; 1 Mass. Dig. 394; 5 Mass. R. 419, and the references under the article Personal property, (q.v.) and Property. (q.v.)
5. The principal distinctions between real and personal property, are the following: 1. Real property is of a permanent and immovable nature, and the owner has an estate therein at least for life. 2. It descends from the ancestor to the heir instead of becoming the property of an executor or administrator on the death of the owner, as in case of personalty. 3. In case of alienation, it must in general be made by deed, 5 B. & C. 221, and in presenti by the common law; whereas leases for years may commence in futuro, and personal chattels may be transferred by parol or delivery. 4. Real estate when devised, is subject to the widow's dower personal estate can be given away by will discharged of any claim of the widow.
6. These are some interests arising out of, or connected with real property, which in some respects partake of the qualities of personally; as, for example, heir looms, title deeds, which, though in themselves movable, yet relating to land descend from ancestor to heir, or from a vendor to a purchaser. 4 Bin. 106.
7. It is a maxim in equity, that things to be done will be considered as done, and vice versa. According to this doctrine money or goods will be considered as real property, and land will be treated as personal property. Money directed by a will to be laid out in land is, in equity, considered as land, and will pass by the words "lands, tenements, and hereditaments whatsoever and wheresoever." 3 Bro. C. C. 99; 1 Tho. Co. Litt. 219, n. T.

A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States. By John Bouvier. Published 1856.​

Granite

Hall of Fame
Exactly! So a dumpy old trailer doesn't count? Where's the line then? And what if someone decides one day that you have to own a business to vote? Or that you need to own at least one hundred million dollars worth of property to vote? None of these distinctions are any more arbitrary than the original one (that you must own property).

All you have to do is keep moving the goalposts to keep on disfranchising people you don't want to vote. Not that we'd ever dream of doing that in America...

Morpheus

When the government is subject to the whims of homeless, transients, and illegals, then the property of the people is taken from them and transferred to those very homeless, transients, and illegals.
Your envy, lust, and covetousness is showing.

Are you claiming that a murderer should not be executed in order to rid the community of the evil in its midst?
Or are you claiming that the State should put every citizen to death?

I understand that reading comprehension is not something you are capable of, so any further attempt to illucidate would be folly.

Caledvwlch

REAL PROPERTY, That which consists of land, and of all rights and profits arising from and annexed to land, of a permanent, immovable nature. In order to make one's interest in land, real estate, it must be an interest not less than for the party's life, because a term of years, even for a thousand years, perpetually renewable, is a mere personal estate. 3 Russ. R. 376. It is usually comprised under the words lands, tenements, and hereditaments. Real property is corporeal, or incorporeal.
2. Corporeal consists wholly of substantial, permanent objects, which may all be comprehended under the general denomination of land. There are some chattels which are so annexed to the inheritance, that they are deemed a part of it, and are called heir looms. (q.v.) Money agreed or directed to be laid out in land is considered as real estate. Newl. on Contr. chap. 3; Fonb. Eq. B. 1, c. 6, Sec. 9; 3 Wheat. Rep. 577.
3. Incorporeal property, consists of certain inheritable rights, which are not, strictly speaking, of a corporeal nature, or land, although they are by their own nature or by use, annexed to corporeal inheritances, and are rights issuing out of them, or which concern them. These distinctions agree with the civil law. Just. Inst. 2, 2; Poth. Traite de la Communaute, part 1, c. 2, art. 1. The incorporeal hereditaments which subsist by the laws of the several states are fewer than those recognized by the English law. In the United States, there are fortunately no advowsons, tithes, nor dignities, as inheritances.
4. The most common incorporeal hereditaments, are, 1. Commons. 2. Ways. 3. Offices. 4. Franchises. 5. Rents. For authorities of what is real or personal property, see 8 Com. Dig. 564; 1 Vern. Rep. by Raithby, 4, n.; 2 Kent, Com. 277; 3 Id. 331; 4 Watts' R. 341; Bac. Ab. Executors, H 3; 1 Mass. Dig. 394; 5 Mass. R. 419, and the references under the article Personal property, (q.v.) and Property. (q.v.)
5. The principal distinctions between real and personal property, are the following: 1. Real property is of a permanent and immovable nature, and the owner has an estate therein at least for life. 2. It descends from the ancestor to the heir instead of becoming the property of an executor or administrator on the death of the owner, as in case of personalty. 3. In case of alienation, it must in general be made by deed, 5 B. & C. 221, and in presenti by the common law; whereas leases for years may commence in futuro, and personal chattels may be transferred by parol or delivery. 4. Real estate when devised, is subject to the widow's dower personal estate can be given away by will discharged of any claim of the widow.
6. These are some interests arising out of, or connected with real property, which in some respects partake of the qualities of personally; as, for example, heir looms, title deeds, which, though in themselves movable, yet relating to land descend from ancestor to heir, or from a vendor to a purchaser. 4 Bin. 106.
7. It is a maxim in equity, that things to be done will be considered as done, and vice versa. According to this doctrine money or goods will be considered as real property, and land will be treated as personal property. Money directed by a will to be laid out in land is, in equity, considered as land, and will pass by the words "lands, tenements, and hereditaments whatsoever and wheresoever." 3 Bro. C. C. 99; 1 Tho. Co. Litt. 219, n. T.

A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States. By John Bouvier. Published 1856.

So a definition from back when you could own people is the one you're going with?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I understand that reading comprehension is not something you are capable of, so any further attempt to illucidate would be folly.

Come now, Morpheus; we both know those dirty unwashed surplus population homeless are the real villains in this country. The true puppetmasters have been exposed!:angrymob:

genuineoriginal

All you have to do is keep moving the goalposts to keep on disfranchising people you don't want to vote. Not that we'd ever dream of doing that in America...

No, in America you keep moving the goalposts so transients, homeless, and illegals can vote liberals into office so they can create laws that steal property from the owners.

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, in America you keep moving the goalposts so transients, homeless, and illegals can vote liberals into office so they can create laws that steal property from the owners.

Funny how you're interested in blaming them for wrecking this country (which is asinine) and not terribly interested in, ya know. Feeding them, or something. Instead you've got this funny idea that someone starving on Skid Row is somehow stealing from poor little you.

You've got more in common with Scrooge, GO. This happens every year on TOL right on schedule during Yule: the poor and needy are constantly berated, and someone takes home the Ebenezer Award. You're the 2014 champ, hands down. Lighthouse is a predecessor of yours thanks to blaming Cratchit for his own problems.

Yep, the poor and homeless, man. Just like Jesus said. They're the bad guys. Glad we got this cleared up--and around Christmastime, no less.

genuineoriginal

You were the one who couldn't grasp the simple Biblical concepts from the direct quotes supplied.
No, I quickly grasped that the Bible verses you quoted had nothing to do with the matter under discussion.

Here they are again:
The fact is that the wicked and guilty all die. You are not exempt from that sentence. There are thousands of funerals every day.

Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,​

And

1 John 1:8-10
8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.​

And again

John 8:7
But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”​

We all deserve a death sentence since we all have sinned.
Your verses are summed up in this verse:

Hebrews 9:27
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:​

Notice that the judgment you are referring to happens after we die.

What I was referring to is summed up in this verse:

Deuteronomy 17:7
7 The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.​

Notice that the evil person is put to death by the people living in the community in order to rid their community of evil. In our society this would be the court and penal systems that would carry it out.

99lamb

The Liberal is a near do well, who creates (whether on purpose or just through ignorance) more problems in an attempt to correct supposed problems.
The reason, create a problem so you can solve the problem to acquire more power.
thank-you

Morpheus

No, I quickly grasped that the Bible verses you quoted had nothing to do with the matter under discussion.

Here they are again:

Your verses are summed up in this verse:

Hebrews 9:27
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:​

Notice that the judgment you are referring to happens after we die.

What I was referring to is summed up in this verse:

Deuteronomy 17:7
7 The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.​

Notice that the evil person is put to death by the people living in the community in order to rid their community of evil. In our society this would be the court and penal systems that would carry it out.

The verses had everything to do with the discussion, ergo my pointing out that your comprehension skills are lacking. We are all guilty. So by strict adherence to your Deuteronomy quote we should all be executed until only one was left and then he would have to execute himself. Obviously you ignored the NT concept of having the one without sin initiate the execution, and the fact that that execution never occurred. You just can't understand that you, because of your sin, are just as vile, disgusting and guilty as any murderer, rapist of child molester. The New Testament didn't invalidate the old law, but Christ came to replace it while showing that it was insufficient. The Old was given as a lesson to teach us that we are all incapable of fulfilling it. The New came to release us from the burden of having to try to achieve a perfection that we are incapable of, and to teach us humility because of that fact. Humility is a lesson you apparently have failed to learn as yet.

Everything you have been spewing throughout this thread has wreaked with pride and ego. You feel that you are better than the killers or rapists. Not only that, you go on to claim that you are more deserving than anyone who doesn't own land, any transient (which Christ and his disciples all were), any foreigner (which Christ and his followers all were from time to time), or the poor, hungry and prisoners (all of which Christ was throughout his life). Your pride will be your downfall if you don't realize it and humble yourself, then reach out to those you have wronged and slandered. As I said, it's a long fall down off that high horse.

I'm sure that I've posted this quote for you before, but in case I have not:

Matthew 25:31-46
The Judgment

31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44 Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not [e]take care of You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Note that the "goats" all will think that they have been believers all the way up until the end. It will be their pride that brings them down.

Morpheus

Whatever. Are you going to even try to posit a valid reason why property ownership should be a requirement to vote? So far you haven't presented anything.

He can't post a valid reason, so ignoring your question is the best he can do. It's the Bill Cosby defense.

genuineoriginal

The verses had everything to do with the discussion, ergo my pointing out that your comprehension skills are lacking. We are all guilty. So by strict adherence to your Deuteronomy quote we should all be executed until only one was left and then he would have to execute himself.
I see you have no comprehension of what God put into His Law when He gave it to Moses.

Deuteronomy 17:4-6
4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:
5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.​

By strict adherence to the Deuteronomy quote, only those that are seen committing evil acts by two or three witnesses, who testify about it in court, are to be put to death.