ECT Who was not ransomed?

Sonnet

Who are you to judge my Christian belief, when you confess no belief in Christ?

And?

Since your beliefs destroy the Good News of Jesus Christ...since YOU are telling ME that I MIGHT BE A REPROBATE (per your definition), then I have every right to speak of tragedy.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Since your beliefs destroy the Good News of Jesus Christ...since YOU are telling ME that I MIGHT BE A REPROBATE (per your definition), then I have every right to speak of tragedy.

If you fail to confess faith in Jesus Christ, you remain bereft of the Holy Spirit, and therefore possess no true spiritual knowledge nor discernment of these matters you attempt to discuss . . Let alone the right to find fault with my Godly testimony!

The only "tragedy" is your unrepentant state.

Sonnet

If you fail to confess faith in Jesus Christ, you remain bereft of the Holy Spirit, and therefore possess no true spiritual knowledge nor discernment of these matters you attempt to discuss . . Let alone the right to find fault with my Godly testimony!

Since I agree with the many who oppose you and who do profess belief, then your point would appear to fall flat...unless you think that non-Calvinists aren't saved either...

Why would it be a tragedy if a reprobate (for that, according to you, is what I might be) does exactly what Calvinists claim reprobates do? They continue in unrepentance don't they?

Sonnet

Are all non-Calvinists not true believers?

Sonnet

Who are you to judge my Christian belief, when you confess no belief in Christ?

Since you refuse to preach the Gospel to unbelievers as you would to those who claim to be believers, then I would question your faith...Galatians 1:8-9.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

One does not say one loves the 'world' (kosmon) if one only predetermines provision for less than all.

No man can come to the son unless it was granted him/her of the father.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Are all non-Calvinists not true believers?

Man's responsibility in the Dispensation of Grace is obedience to the New Covenant. Obedience to the New Covenant means to accept the gift of righteousness which God offers to all men through Yeshua the Messiah. The point of Romans 5:15-18 is that man is responsible to accept the gift of righteousness God offers to all men through the Messiah of Israel.

Man's Specific Test

The specific test of this dispensation is simply this: Will man accept the gift? Will humanity, as a whole, accept God's offer of the free gift of salvation by the simple act of faith in the person of Yeshua the Messiah? On the basis of faith, this free gift is given.

Man's Failure

As with all previous dispensations, the present one will also end in failure, and this can be seen in two ways. First, most men will reject the gift. The majority of humanity will not come to a saving knowledge of Yeshua the Messiah in our own day, any more than it was true before our time, and certainly will not be true even in the future.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Nothing in Jesus' analogy in any way suggests your 'special calling' which would impose a restriction on the number of folk who can 'look'.

Why did those who did not look not look?

Was it because they didn't understand the remedy God provided?

And those who did believed? Then according to you God owed it to them.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Since you refuse to preach the Gospel to unbelievers as you would to those who claim to be believers, then I would question your faith...Galatians 1:8-9.

You confess no faith, so who are you to question mine, or how I proclaim the Gospel you do not believe?

What a farce you indulge in . . Is it just to get attention?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You confess no faith, so who are you to question mine, or how I proclaim the Gospel you do not believe?

Being offended by those that question one's faith or doctrine is a sign of weakness. And or the evidence of a loveless heart.

Reactions: Lon

Sonnet

Man's responsibility in the Dispensation of Grace is obedience to the New Covenant. Obedience to the New Covenant means to accept the gift of righteousness which God offers to all men through Yeshua the Messiah. The point of Romans 5:15-18 is that man is responsible to accept the gift of righteousness God offers to all men through the Messiah of Israel.

Man's Specific Test

The specific test of this dispensation is simply this: Will man accept the gift? Will humanity, as a whole, accept God's offer of the free gift of salvation by the simple act of faith in the person of Yeshua the Messiah? On the basis of faith, this free gift is given.

Man's Failure

As with all previous dispensations, the present one will also end in failure, and this can be seen in two ways. First, most men will reject the gift. The majority of humanity will not come to a saving knowledge of Yeshua the Messiah in our own day, any more than it was true before our time, and certainly will not be true even in the future.

Since you agree that God offers to all then I have no argument with you. Good to hear that you think Christ died for all.

Sonnet

Mat 7:21.

Since you deny that Christ died for all then you shouldn't be surprised.

Sonnet

Here's what Paul and the apostles preached:

that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Sonnet

You did not deal with what I actually wrote because you can't.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Since you agree that God offers to all then I have no argument with you. Good to hear that you think Christ died for all.

God rendered all men savable by the cross. But only those God chose from before the foundation of creation are saved by it.