Who is the MOST judgmental?:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You would be better off leaning how to be less obtuse!
You are making me confused.

What is "obtuse" about trying to live responsibly and focus on my own shortcomings instead of projecting them on others and condemning them?

Isn't it important to strive for seeing and recognizing the logs in my own eyes before I deem I should pick out the tiny specks of sawdust in the eyes of my brothers and sisters?

I am certainly not claiming perfection and divine knowledge here, but Jesus' bit of 2,000-year old pop psychology is a worthy goal to strive for.

bybee

I have enough to do to work on my own judgmental behavior. I don't like to be judged and I don't think other folks do either.

My life consists of "biting my tongue" a good share of the time.

I guess I am not going to choose between the two. I don't see what good it does except to further judge them.

Posters usually develop patterns of responding to other posters. Sometimes very predictable.
This thread was meant to be tongue in cheek.
There is a difference between "judging" and discerning".

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Posters usually develop patterns of responding to other posters. Sometimes very predictable.
This thread was meant to be tongue in cheek.
There is a difference between "judging" and discerning".
To me judging has to do with evaluation and condemnation. Discerning has to do with actually thinking about and considering some thought or action by another.

Jesus said "Who made ME a judge?" as well as simply teaching "not to judge."

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You are making me confused.

What is "obtuse" about trying to live responsibly and focus on my own shortcomings instead of projecting them on others and condemning them?

Isn't it important to strive for seeing and recognizing the logs in my own eyes before I deem I should pick out the tiny specks of sawdust in the eyes of my brothers and sisters?

I am certainly not claiming perfection and divine knowledge here, but Jesus' bit of 2,000-year old pop psychology is a worthy goal to strive for.

You are not a teenager. As this is all fine, that is, it seems valid to take stock in oneself on simple issues when one is young.

Being unresolved and being old, that is plain dull!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know about awesome but I know she is one of the most popular.

That's why she can get away way with kind of thread.

Meshak's definition of popular: someone who doesn't grate on the nerves of everyone he/she converses with.

bybee

To me judging has to do with evaluation and condemnation. Discerning has to do with actually thinking about and considering some thought or action by another.

Jesus said "Who made ME a judge?" as well as simply teaching "not to judge."

And of course there is the necessity to be a critical observer of one's environment. This may have survival value.
In this forum one observes patterns of behavior and makes commentaries as one chooses to respond or not.
To observe the evidence of judgmentalism may simply be classified as an observation.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Depends on which dirty bird has hit "Happy Hour" the earliest in the morning:

f01e9e3e032b10000788c8c3715c8176.jpg

That's it. 1 Co 6:9-10

Alcohol ~ Brad Paisley

redneck.gif