Turbo
tuxpower
wholearmor (possibly)
Wrestlerdude16

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Knight
And the point is????????????????????????
Just curiosity, I suppose.

There's not really any "point" except just to get an idea of how many are of a like mind. And to prehaps give Bob a little encouragement by having a group of people stand behind him and his teachings.

And perhaps it might spark a really good conversation or two (not that is hasn't already.)

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer
Just curiosity, I suppose.

There's not really any "point" except just to get an idea of how many are of a like mind. And to prehaps give Bob a little encouragement by having a group of people stand behind him and his teachings.

And perhaps it might spark a really good conversation ot two (not that is hasn't already.)

Resting in Him,
Clete
:thumb:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Lucky8
[evil grin]There is a point to the list.[/evil grin]
Are you planning on letting us in on it?:think:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mateo
He's makin' a list

checkin' it twice

Gonna find out whose naughty or nice...

:devil:
:darwinsm:

Sorry Mateo, now that you found out my true identity, I'll have to kill you. :cool:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Has anyone here seen the movie 'Luther'?

I saw it last weekend. It was great!

What does a movie about Martin Luther have to do with Bob Enyart?

Well, it seems to me that the theme of the movie could be summed up by saying...

"Do right and risk the consequences!"

Further, it seems to me that Open Theism is gaining somewhat in popularity. There are more and more books out that are talking about the Open View and the accusations of heresy are becoming fewer and fewer. One might say we are experiencing a mini "Reformation" of our own! Who knows, in a generation Calvinism may be relegated to the history books as Catholic indulgences are now.

Any comments?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer
Has anyone here seen the movie 'Luther'?
It's not playing in my lame town. I'm going to have to drive 45 minutes away to see it.

Who knows, in a generation Calvinism may be relegated to the history books as Catholic indulgences are now.

Any comments?
Let's keep the hope alive.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Open Theism is a profound breath of doctrinal fresh air. Believers already live as though it is true. Let us hope it is a matter of time before the church's doctrinal foundation catches up to its practice.

It is unfortunate that those who uphold the personal, loving, responsive, perfect God of the Bible (in contrast to an abstract, philosophical static model) are considered heretics. The Open View is often misrepresented or misunderstood (e.g. confusing it with Process theology).
Calvinism is entrenched in some circles. Not enough critical thinking has been done on the problems that arise out of it (negation of genuine free will; predestination, etc.).

Mateo

"Who knows, in a generation Calvinism may be relegated to the history books as Catholic indulgences are now.

Any comments?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's keep the hope alive."

Who knows, maybe in the fullness of time "Open Theism" will meet the same fate. I thinkin' it will likely take the return of Jesus to permanently despense with the three of them.

Thinkin' out loud,

Mateo

LightSon

Originally posted by godrulz
The Open View is often misrepresented or misunderstood (e.g. confusing it with Process theology).

And here I thought they were synonymous. :nono:

godrulz ,

Could you please share the differences, in a nutshell?

Status
Not open for further replies.