ECT WHO HAS AUTHORITY TO APPOINT ELDERS ?

DAN P

You make no sense, given that your request for biblical references was answered in Post #32 above.

Hi , and HERE it is back to you !!:rotfl::rotfl:

It is so easy to give scripture verses , will you try Matt 16:18 ?:rotfl::rotfl:

Try something that you can remember , MAYBE ??

dan p

DAN P

Post #39.

Hi , and this means that you will not give verses , unless they are extra-biblical , and I can not blame you you , as that will take you out side of the RCC and get YOU excommunicated , WOW !!:rotfl:

You can see that the Pentecostals have the same problem as you , as they can not interpret and are just Irrelevant as you , but as one Pentecostal said to me , " I like tongue " and you just like " fooling " yourself , good job !!

dan p

Cruciform

Hi , and this means that you will not give verses...
The source I cited is itself a LIST of biblical texts, which is exactly what you requested. If you had bothered to actually click on the link, you would've known that. Consider yourself decisively answered.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
So, then, no actual proof whatsoever for your claim made in Post #18 above. That's what I thought.

I'm not going back 1 or 2 pages but you may suggest you are complete. You must let Jesus be in charge of His Elects in any denominations, anywhere at anytime, not just your time or your way.

kayaker

Hi to all , and who was given the authority to appoint ELDERS and BISHOPS during Paul's time ?

Some sat that they are the Historical Church and the meaning of EKKLESIA escapes them !

What about the Pentecostals , who appointed and had the authority to appoint any one , MAYBE Peter you say ?

In Titus 1:5 it reads , Paul left Titus in Crete to appoint ELDERS in every city and read Phil 1:1 also OVERSEERS !!

In Titus 1:6-9 are the qualification for ELDERS and OVERSEERS !

In verse 9 all appointees HAD to teach the MYSTERY as Paul was teaching in Eph 3:3 , don't you see !!

Just where does it leave the RCC and the Pentecostals , NO WHERE !!

DAN P

I would like to think Jesus' disciples appointed the church elders, not arguing Peter's case, particularly. Who appoints disciples might be a better question. But, it sounds like Paul was suggesting the GENTILE (Ephesians 3:1, 2) "appointees HAD to teach the MYSTERY in Eph 3:3" as you suggest. So, what was that mystery? What was Paul's knowledge in the mystery of Christ?

kayaker

Cruciform

Truly the most convincing and decisive from of debate I have ever seen. I learned SO much from these.
If you've actually read and studied their content, then no doubt you have. But you haven't bothered to do that, have you---because you prefer the assumptions and opinions of your chosen decidedly non-authoritative recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect to the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
If you've actually read and studied their content, then no doubt you have. But you haven't bothered to do that, have you---because you prefer the assumptions and opinions of your chosen decidedly non-authoritative recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect to the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Is nothing you haven't posted before. And you have proven you can't deal with challenges to your links.

DAN P

It would appear those who appoint elders and bishops understood the mystery. So, with all due respect... what was the mystery? I'm agreeing the RCC and Pentecostals are devoid the mystery... but, understanding the mystery seems to be a key qualifier to appointing elders and bishops. Any comment on said mystery?

kayaker

Hi and the MYSTERY /MUSTERION means a Secret that is revealed to ONLY the apostle Paul , in Eph 3:2 and verse 15 and in Col 1:26 which is the NEW MAN or a New Creation , and a new Gospel of GRACE and the Body of Christ !

This new man has NOTHING to do with Pentecosalism or the Law of Moses or any man religions , like the RCC !!

And this is just the Beginning !

dan p

Last edited:

kayaker

I'm on a one way street. Move forward

FYI Puppet... the better argument is who appoints Disciples? The Catholics have their formal version, along with most other divisions. So, here's the real kicker:

Jesus said He and His Father were "two witnesses" to Jesus' divinity (John 8:17, 18). Witnesses testify. What were those two testimonies? Jesus' eye witness testimony (John 8:17) is found in John 8:38 KJV... what specifically and succinctly did Jesus see with His father? The second witness to Jesus' divinity (John 8:18) is found in John 8:40 KJV... what specifically and succinctly did Jesus hear from His Father that even Abraham didn't hear? These were the two testimonies that "convert" and "heal" (Matthew 13:15 KJV) Jesus' believers (John 8:30 KJV) into JESUS' DISCIPLES (John 8:31 KJV) being the "truth shall make you free" (John 8:32 KJV).

Those are respectfully rhetorical questions to you, Puppet. I would like to imagine those who appoint elders and bishops in the church at least knew what went down in Noah's tent (Genesis 9:22 KJV, Leviticus 18:8 KJV). I would like to imagine those who appoint elders and bishops in the church at least knew who Jesus' NON-Israelite detractors were (John 8:33 KJV) that Paul alluded to in Romans 9:6, 7. Want a list? Don't ask "Catholic Answers"! They're at LEAST as blind as the Protestants (Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12).

Jesus told Peter to FEED MY SHEEP... the NT wasn't written, so go figure! Best of luck discussing those questions with Cruciform, particularly.

kayaker

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
You've already been sufficiently answered. If you ever manage to come up with an actual rational argument, let me know.

Your argument is that were not all in christanity together meaning that God either saves or passes over each person ever lived. You want to prove you can do something about God's own pleasure He did without you. You havecnoneffect in his choices. Why read your ### when you don't want to be part of God's complete plans

kayaker

he who has the keys
has the authority

The second mouse gets the cheese! Who appoints disciples, Chrys? Wasn't Judas appointed?

Here's a new twist... John 21:15 KJV, John 21:16 KJV, John 21:17 KJV. Jesus was asking Peter if Peter loved Jesus more than Peter loved the affection of the others. Three times... and folk still don't get it. Peter loved notoriety among his peers more than he loved Jesus... it's reflected in the Catholic arrogance thumbing their noses and flipping off those who don't subscribe to the RCC-onliest theology. FEED MY SHEEP didn't include substantiating your church... the NT wasn't even written, the neutered Catholic bible included!

kayaker

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The second mouse gets the cheese! Who appoints disciples, Chrys? Wasn't Judas appointed?

Here's a new twist... John 21:15 KJV, John 21:16 KJV, John 21:17 KJV. Jesus was asking Peter if Peter loved Jesus more than Peter loved the affection of the others. Three times... and folk still don't get it. Peter loved notoriety among his peers more than he loved Jesus... it's reflected in the Catholic arrogance thumbing their noses and flipping off those who don't subscribe to the RCC-onliest theology. FEED MY SHEEP didn't include substantiating your church... the NT wasn't even written, the neutered Catholic bible included!

kayaker

how was peter supposed to feed His sheep?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
he who has the keys
has the authority

The authority spread out into all parts of the world through multiples of denominations. You're just trying to take it back. You don't need the fancy name, rc church. It could be Presbyterian church or the Baptist church. Greed has corrupted the papel system. There are many blends of catholic and protestants worshipping God.