ECT WHO HAS AUTHORITY TO APPOINT ELDERS ?

DAN P

rougueone;43 Although the R.C. has an order said:
Hi and the RCC is also divided from what I see !

There is no verses for the following :

POPE
PURGATORY
LIMBO
WORSHIP MARY
PRIESTS an there are no Christians in the Gospels
NO MASS
NO ELAVATION of saints

Just to mention a few things !!

Pentecostals can not use Titus 1:5-9 as it is all Pauline and they do not believe in the MYSTERY that Paul taught , so they are all OUT of the Will of God per Eph 3:2 and 3 -9 !!

dan p

Cruciform

The apostles could appoint all the overseers they wanted, yet it was still up to the appointee's to submit themselves to the local congregation for examination and to be tested for fitness.... in reality, the congregation holds all the authority.
Chapter-and-verse, please.

Cruciform

There is no verses for the following :

POPE
PURGATORY
LIMBO
WORSHIP MARY
PRIESTS an there are no Christians in the Gospels
NO MASS
NO ELAVATION of saints
In fact, there is biblical support for every single one of these things. Try again.

DAN P

"...with Scripture as interpreted according to the opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect," anyway.

Hi , and very AMUSING that you never have Ch.and verse for your theology nor why you have co-opted the Jewish Priests , BUT have cut off Sabbath worship and alter Sacrifices !!:rotfl:

dan p

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Hi to all , and who was given the authority to appoint ELDERS and BISHOPS during Paul's time ?

Some sat that they are the Historical Church and the meaning of EKKLESIA escapes them !

What about the Pentecostals , who appointed and had the authority to appoint any one , MAYBE Peter you say ?

In Titus 1:5 it reads , Paul left Titus in Crete to appoint ELDERS in every city and read Phil 1:1 also OVERSEERS !!

In Titus 1:6-9 are the qualification for ELDERS and OVERSEERS !

In verse 9 all appointees HAD to teach the MYSTERY as Paul was teaching in Eph 3:3 , don't you see !!

Just where does it leave the RCC and the Pentecostals , NO WHERE !!

DAN P
I would have to say that authority is entrusted to the elders of a church. This would have been the case in the earliest days of the church since, contrary to one particular Christian sects claims otherwise, leadership of a church in places Thessalonia and Galatia would have been determined by the local church. The elders would have trained up the younger leaders and eventually passed the church leadership to them. Today, in non-Catholic denominations, the authority to appoint church leaders still seems to rest largely with the elders of that church. Larger organiziations may have more formalized procedures but still governed by the leadership of that organization.

DAN P

Go ahead and choose, say, three items from your list in Post #25, and I'll be glad to provide the biblical info.

Hi , so go ahead and provide ANY Bibical proof , and remember that it is from the bible !!!:rotfl::rotfl:

Where did Peter appoint anyone ??

Go for it ??

dan p

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The apostles could appoint all the overseers they wanted, yet it was still up to the appointee's to submit themselves to the local congregation for examination and to be tested for fitness.... in reality, the congregation holds all the authority.

Absolutely they do....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
per your link..." Without a central authority in the Church, there would be chaos (as there is in Protestantism)."

I have to agree. There are so many denominations and divisions in Protestantism it is chaos. Backbiting, money centered, ( Pentecostals prosperity Go$pel), lack of Gods love, lack of compassion, ET..... The protestant compass is always spinning.

I can only be what I believe God-Jesus wants me to be in this day and hour. my constant prayer is to Love others with Gods Love. Not my love. Gods love. And I fail at this so much. I know when my compass is spinning. And I then steer back to Gods course. daily.

Although the R.C. has an order, I cannot line it up with Scripture.

RCC order is completely false... it is in mouth only, nobody cares a hoot for what the Pope or the Priest says.

That kind of unity is easy to maintain.