Who are the "Lord, Lord, Didn't We" People?" Matthew 7:21-23

God's Truth

Its all about you and your obedience, which is filthy rags in God's sight. You don't believe in the righteousness of Christ for the believer. You believe in your righteousness.

You got that filthy rag misunderstanding from your Calvinist father.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

God's Truth

You must belong to the First Baptist Church of ME. You seem to think that it is all about you, who is a sinner. You most certainly will be in the, "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group. Matthew 7:21-23.

Being saved is about a personal relationship with Jesus. And I spend so much time here trying to help all the yous.

Robert Pate

Banned
Being saved is about a personal relationship with Jesus. And I spend so much time here trying to help all the yous.

You can't have a personal relationship with Jesus because he is not here.

What you can do is trust and believe that he has saved you by doing for you that which you cannot do for yourself.

Robert Pate

Banned
You got that filthy rag misunderstanding from your Calvinist father.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

You don't get it. Your righteousness is filthy rags even when you try to obey him.

God's Truth

You don't get it. Your righteousness is filthy rags even when you try to obey him.

We are not supposed to just 'try' to obey Him. We are to obey Him, and it is not a filthy rag. That filthy rag scripture that you don't understand is taught to you by the Calvinists.

beloved57

"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?" Matthew 7:22.

"And then I will say unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

Its those who deny that Christ death alone saved them He died for !

beloved57

We have to obey Jesus. His words are Spirit and full of life. Anyone who obeys his words will never see death.

Those Christ obeyed God for shall be made righteous Rom 5:19, they shall inherit eternal life Matt 13:43

[FONT=&quot]Then shall the [/FONT]righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Robert Pate

Banned
Those Christ obeyed God for shall be made righteous Rom 5:19, they shall inherit eternal life Matt 13:43

[FONT="]Then shall the [/FONT]righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I can hear you now, but Lord, Lord, wasn't I a Calvinist.

CherubRam

"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?" Matthew 7:22.

"And then I will say unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

The will of our Heavenly Father is to keep His commands. I am not saying people will be cut off from not keeping God's Sabbath, but you will be called the (Least) in heaven.

CherubRam

Is it our Father's will that we join Pagan notions to Him?

CherubRam

Matthew 5:19
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The disciples did teach the keeping of God's commands.