When the Kidnapper is Liable For Capital Punishment

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Today is Shishi, Sixth. It is the Third Month the Eighteenth Day. Boker, Morning. Yom, Day.

From tomorrow's Three Chapter RAMBAM. Rambam - 3 Chapters a Day
Genevah - Chapter Seven, Genevah - Chapter Eight, Genevah - Chapter Nine

A kidnapper is not liable for capital punishment unless he kidnaps a Jewish person, brings him into the kidnapper's own domain, makes use of him, and then sells him to others, as Deuteronomy, ibid. states: "And he makes use of him, and sells him."

Even if he makes use of his services for a minor matter, not worth a p'rutah - e.g., he leaned on him or used him as a shield, even if the abducted person was asleep at that time - the kidnapper is considered to have made use of him.

Tnkrbl123!

Today is Shishi, Sixth. It is the Third Month the Eighteenth Day. Boker, Morning. Yom, Day.

A kidnapper is not liable for capital punishment unless he kidnaps a Jewish person, brings him into the kidnapper's own domain, makes use of him, and then sells him to others, as Deuteronomy, ibid. states: "And he makes use of him, and sells him."

Even if he makes use of his services for a minor matter, not worth a p'rutah - e.g., he leaned on him or used him as a shield, even if the abducted person was asleep at that time - the kidnapper is considered to have made use of him.

Why are you thinking about kidnapping Jacob? What makes you think about and fixate on these scary and unrighteous and unhappy/depressed thoughts?
Have you thought about why you think about such depressing things all the time?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why are you thinking about kidnapping Jacob? What makes you think about and fixate on these scary and unrighteous and unhappy/depressed thoughts?
Have you thought about why you think about such depressing things all the time?

No. We can talk about the daily mitzvah. We live it and breathe it being Jews. Do not let your thinking or understanding as a Gentile be a cause for confusion in approaching God according to our "schedule". We know the commandments. You ought not to be confused about a mitzvah discussed on a different day or which you understand with your own words or terms.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, today I shared from RAMBAM. It is a part of my Daily Torah Study , some days.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your words are important.

Include liquid measures but a liter. I think liter but I did not think liquid until I saw it.

measure measurement equal balance and scales
dimension

Tnkrbl123!

No. We can talk about the daily mitzvah. We live it and breathe it being Jews. Do not let your thinking or understanding as a Gentile be a cause for confusion in approaching God according to our "schedule". We know the commandments. You ought not to be confused about a mitzvah discussed on a different day or which you understand with your own words or terms.

You are very disturbed and confused aren't you

Truster

Spiteful accusation is not dialogue. I commented because in three consecutive posts T123 made similarly unhelpful and belittling comments.

glorydaz

Spiteful accusation is not dialogue. I commented because in three consecutive posts T123 made similarly unhelpful and belittling comments.

That's your read. I've been watching the dialogue for quite some time. You do know that the truth can be hard to hear at times, don't you? Jacob does not need to be placated.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Hey, Jacob.

God said that kidnappers should be executed.

He who kidnaps a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, shall surely be put to death. - Exodus 21:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus21:16&version=NKJV

“If a man is found kidnapping any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and mistreats him or sells him, then that kidnapper shall die; and you shall put away the evil from among you. - Deuteronomy 24:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy24:7&version=NKJV

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Huh.

No, I didn't miss your context, I understood and agreed with it.

If you're not one of those toying with him and taunting him like schoolyard bullies, then the rest of what I said doesn't apply to you.

But if you stood by and watched without saying anything about the bullying, would that make you any better than them?

how do you know that I did nothing? Are you at home with me and know what I did or did not do? You must be careful when you assume thing without knowing the working behind the scene. Just because you see no evidence of something does not mean that it did not happen. That is a problem people face when inserting themselves and making assumptions.

This is a funny little phrase/proverb but it is based in truth:
"When you ASSUME you make an A SS out of U and ME"

I made no assumption. I didn't say "I know," that's a word you put in my mouth. I said "if."

So maybe you did something behind the scenes (or maybe you thought about doing it, since it's not clear by your words whether you did). Good for you. I'd already said if you weren't doing the tormenting then the what I said didn't apply to you. Yet you still took offense for some reason.

Regardless, I'm doing things differently. I'm saying it publicly because the tormenting being done here (by Christians) is being done in public.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, First. It is the Third Month the Twentieth Night of the Month. Tacoma, Washington.

No. Do you as a woman study the Torah too or do you as a woman study the Torah as well? Are you aware of the HaYom Yom?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hey, Jacob.

God said that kidnappers should be executed.

He who kidnaps a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, shall surely be put to death. - Exodus 21:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus21:16&version=NKJV

“If a man is found kidnapping any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and mistreats him or sells him, then that kidnapper shall die; and you shall put away the evil from among you. - Deuteronomy 24:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy24:7&version=NKJV

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, First. It is the Third Month the Twentieth Night of the Month. Tacoma, Washington.

Yes. Not the person who quotes or references these scriptures or verses without any kidnapper and there is no hostage.