What's the story behind your username?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'll start. I started listening to Pastor Enyart's "Bob Enyart Live" show a few years ago, and as I was going through the archive of his shows, I kept hearing that he had made a pamphlet called "Judge Rightly is not some guy's name." As time went on, I learned more about what the Bible says about judging, the Law, and God's expectations for governments to have a proper criminal justice system, so I took on the name "JudgeRightly," both on TOL and elsewhere on the internet. And it's stuck. I doubt I'll ever change it again.

What are the stories behind your username, either here or on other websites or services?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I usually go by the username "Sissy" because that's my name.
But when I joined TOL that username was already taken.
So I used the name of a favorite barrel racing horse I used to have - Tambora.
I asked the person I bought the horse from where the name came from, because I had never heard that name before.
He said it a derivative of a musical term that basically meant "Never misses a beat".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Everybody knows who patrick jane is :chuckle: - if you don't, he was a TV character that used to be a mentalist at carnivals and fairs. He's kind of like a psychic, though he says there's no such thing. He reads people really well and always outsmarted the criminals. He began working with the CBI California Bureau of Investigation as a "consultant" after his wife and daughter were brutally murdered by a serial killer named Red John. It was my favorite show and was on for about 5 years or so. The name of the show was The Mentalist

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Right at the start of my salvation by the grace of GOD, I had a constant barrage from people of various persuasions who wanted to harness me up with their legalism.
I discovered liberty in Paul's letter to the Galatians and sought refuge there quite regularly..
He told me to stand fast in that liberty.
When I came to TOL I remembered that so I took the name Steko as a constant reminder.

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

'stand fast'

στήκω
stēkō
stay'-ko
From the perfect tense of G2476; to be stationary, that is, (figuratively) to persevere: - stand (fast).

G2476

ἵστημι
histēmi
his'-tay-mee
A prolonged form of a primary word στάω staō (of the same meaning, and used for it in certain tenses); to stand (transitively or intransitively), used in various applications (literally or figuratively): - abide, appoint, bring, continue, covenant, establish, hold up, lay, present, set (up), stanch, stand (by, forth, still, up). Compare G5087.
Total KJV occurrences: 156

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
I asked the person I bought the horse from where the name came from, because I had never heard that name before.
He said it a derivative of a musical term that basically meant "Never misses a beat".

I was going to use "Mr. Ed," but some guy named "Wilbur" took it already.

glorydaz

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I was, years ago, on a message board with a lot of atheists. One particularly aggressive one told me that I had no idea how "barbaric" Christianity is. So I said "just call me the barbarian, then."

Everyone (except the bumptious atheist) thought it was funny, and the name stuck.

Danoh

Great background story "sis" :)