What's so Great about where You Live???

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I live within an hour's drive of the white sands of Gulf Shores. A little more time and I'm in Monroeville, the home of To Kill a Mockingbird. A couple of hours or so and I'm in New Orleans. All of this access while being nestled in a little country community where the same principle families that constitute our neighbors have resided for generations.

What's not to love?

For some reason my attempts to upoad photos are failing here so that will have to wait, I suppose. :idunno:
WE WANT PICTURES !!!!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
1 Pe 2:11

3322908774_fe86d3a674.jpg

Truster

My home was built in 1956 the same year I was born. I moved here 20 years ago and three years later I was saved here. I'm not from this Town, but providence brought me here. When I arrived I was on the run...

Reactions: Lon

Lon

1 Pe 2:11

I am not trying to build envy or idols. For me particularly, it is admiration of all God makes and does, from Bob Crosby's voice to Bald eagles in my back yard. Such produces an appreciation of what God has given others, as well. -Lon

(liked the snow picture just the same) In Him

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My home was built in 1956 the same year I was born.
Synchronicity.

I moved here 20 years ago and three years later I was saved here.
:thumb:

I'm not from this Town,
From what?

but providence brought me here.
He came from providence, not in Rhode Island, where the old world shadows hang heavy in the air... :guitar:

When I arrived I was on the run...
Distance or sprint? Or with a band even. :plain: It's that sort of day.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Truster is not my neighbor. And my ancestor got on a boat and left Truster's ancestors behind.

'Cause, "Murica.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GM, Budweiser, Boeing, Constitutional carry, castle doctrine in your car and home, better winters than Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin.....

john w

Hall of Fame
And Fred G. Sanford operated a successful business there.

Oh, you're a regular Grady, or Esther, ain't ya, Mayor? Why don't you call up your girlfriend, invite her to the local "Dime Store," buy her a "Blow Pop," and, when she attempts to make a smooth move on you, respond, "Watch it, sucker!"?

WizardofOz

Madison is fine, but not as great as Lake Geneva-so I heard!

I grew up in East Troy, about 20 minutes from Lake Geneva. Lake Geneva is a small money town. The lake is great but it's mostly just rich folks from Illinois who come up when the weather is nice. It's hard to compare Madison (population of about a quarter million) to Lake Geneva (less than 10k).

There are some really nice mansions on Lake Geneva, that's for sure.

Reactions: Lon