What's so Great about where You Live???

john w

Hall of Fame
I grew up in East Troy, about 20 minutes from Lake Geneva. Lake Geneva is a small money town. The lake is great but it's mostly just rich folks from Illinois who come up when the weather is nice. It's hard to compare Madison (population of about a quarter million) to Lake Geneva (less than 10k).

There are some really nice mansions on Lake Geneva, that's for sure.
My girlfriend is from Lake Geneva.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
01901da510a6ed71f270ace550eec3b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Reactions: Lon

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What's so great about where I live? It's a beautiful community with an old Presbyterian church at a split in the road at the end of a long, oak sheltered stretch. Families have held their land here for generations and your kids can still bicycle along the lanes in twilight safely. It's a little over a half hour to Mobile, not much over two to New Orleans, and an hour to the white sands of Gulf Shores. Meaning that culture, shopping, and diversion are within easy reach while the security and peace of a pastoral, integral community is set as a foundation for daily life. If it weren't for the climate it would be perfect. We essentially have two seasons, summer and a few days that pass for a fall/winter.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What's so great about where I live? It's a beautiful community with an old Presbyterian church at a split in the road at the end of a long, oak sheltered stretch. Families have held their land here for generations and your kids can still bicycle along the lanes in twilight safely. It's a little over a half hour to Mobile, not much over two to New Orleans, and an hour to the white sands of Gulf Shores. Meaning that culture, shopping, and diversion are within easy reach while the security and peace of a pastoral, integral community is set as a foundation for daily life. If it weren't for the climate it would be perfect. We essentially have two seasons, summer and a few days that pass for a fall/winter.
I'm jealous

Reactions: Lon

Sealeaf

I live in the southwestern most town in New Hampshire. I live on an acre of grass and garden in an eight acre bit of mixed hardwood forest. A bald Eagle has dropped a wing feather in my path. Black bear, eastern coyote, deer, turkeys, Red and Grey foxes all frequent my yard. Mountain lions have been reported in my town though I have not seen one. Ten minutes away is the absolutely charming and artistically and ethnically rich town of Brattleboro Vermont. Twenty minutes the other way is the only slightly less charming, Keene, NH a mill town busy reinventing itself as a College town. Half an hour south are Amherst and Northampton Ma with the cultural richness of U Mass, Amherst College, Smith, Hampshire College. An hour and a half east or south east can put me on a whale watching boat or let me chill my toes in the Atlantic.