ECT What's MAD?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In His incarnation ("in the flesh"), He was sent to none but the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24). We cannot know Him in His capacity of Israel's Messiah (2 Cor 5:16), but only through the revelation of the mystery (Rom 16:25; Eph 3:8-9).

Yes, NOW there is no difference! TODAY there is no difference, and thank God for it! Your problem is, up to and past Acts ch. 10, the wall was still up in the minds of Messianic Jews. Peter was reluctant to even darken a dog Gentile's door (Acts 10:28). Believing Jews were telling only other Jews about Messiah (Acts 11:19). Peter and the rest hadn't yet been told there was no longer a difference between Jews and Gentiles...that means they knew nothing, yet, of the Body of Christ. That knowledge came to them through Paul.

Addressed above.

The core of Paul's "my gospel" is Christ and Him crucified for the sins of the world, without distinction. If you can find Peter preaching that at Pentecost, you'll have a point.

It was not made known to the disciples before it was revealed to Paul. It was made known to them TO and THROUGH Paul (Gal 1:11-12).

Yes there is, in Galatians 2.

The Body of Christ is grafted onto nothing. It is its own entity, complete in Christ, untied from covenant Israel.

Good post!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I never said one earns there way to heaven - to the contrary I clarified my views on the matter in the other thread. Works, in of themselves, cannot redeem us. We need Christ.

It is through Christ that we are redeemed. Christ died for all that all might be saved. Yet not all will be saved. Why? Because there are requirements on our end to receive the gift that we cannot possibly earn: we must devote our life to doing God's will, helping those in need, and keeping ourselves pure.

Luke 9:24 For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.​

In other words, you're still preaching a "works salvation!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Could you please post it? I missed it.

He said this, too:

Yep! In my thread; "Two messages merged into one" he wrote the following! Post #26 "That should be obvious: those scriptures, among others, demonstrate the requirement for us to do works. Only the one who does the will of our Father in heaven will be saved. The one who pursues what is good and holy shall recieve eternal life, while the one who pursues evil and is self-seeking will recieve punishment.

If you hear the gospel and know God's will, but do not put this knowledge into practice - then your faith is dead. You will be swept away and destroyed for building on the sand just as if you had not heard the gospel at all.

You misunderstand the significance of belief: it has no merit in of itself. Rather, the significance of belief rests in its ability to guide our actions. If you don't act upon your belief - then of what use is it?

He's preaching a 'works salvation" at the same time, he's denying it!

csuguy

Doom

That post does not say that one is saved by one's perseverance. It says one is required to persevere to receive what is promised - and is accompanied with scriptures saying just that.
What do you think the promise is?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That post does not say that one is saved by one's perseverance. It says one is required to persevere to receive what is promised - and is accompanied with scriptures saying just that.

I'll respond to your other post tonight after work.

Why bother? You're not making any sense anyway!

csuguy

No wonder he hates the Word rightly divided; his is a false gospel.

Further evidence that you reject the teachings of Christ - you say that I am teaching a false gospel when I am quoting scripture directly - even Christ's own words.

csuguy

You said that my post concerning perseverence was a false gospel - despite direct scriptural references. You reject the Gospel of Matthew, the espistle of James, etc.

You even reject Paul where he is inconvenient for you - despite your rhetoric.

vfirestormv

The Body of Christ was grafted onto nothing - it was and is an entirely new entity that was previously unrevealed in Scripture and hidden in the mind and heart of God.

Not what Paul says:

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You said that my post concerning perseverence was blasphemy - despite direct scriptural references. You reject the Gospel of Matthew, the espistle of James, etc.

You even reject Paul where he is inconvenient for you - despite your rhetoric.

I didn't use the word "Blasphemy!" Produce it, if you can? Don't
be lying, it works against your credibility!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can a MAD rep please explain their doctrine, specifically salvation? Keep it to a paragraph and please supply scripture.

Have a thread that discusses it, if you would like to know about it.
For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58704

One of the main differences is between the restored Kingdom of Israel and the BOC (Body of Christ).
One can be kicked out of the Kingdom --- faith plus works.
One cannot be kicked out of the BOC --- faith without works.

Some try to make the Kingdom and the BOC the same entity.
They are not.

Having been a Christian many years, I'd never heard of this MAD thing. No cult has added to the Christian faith of the Bible. If I don't need them, why would I need this? Which leads to the most important question, then: who cares?

Lon

Does MAD not use some of the books of the bible?
"Use?" All of them. Apply? Only Paul's writings. You can find more on Wikipedia by typing in "Hyper Dispensationalism" and Mid Acts Dispensationalism. I'm not sure why some on here are not more forthcoming for you when the answer is about this simple. While "The Plot" is a source, it isn't available on Wikipedia or other online resource without paying for it, so I'd simply wiki- or google these two terms to get the general idea. I'm Covenant Theology, so I'll provide you with a plethora of reading material if you want to know what that theology position is about.

I do agree with some of MAD, for instance: Though I'm Covenant, I agree with them that Hebrews is primarily written to "Hebrews" and that it is dealing with a people specific need that existed at the time of the New Testament and that the problem is not a gentile one expressed in Hebrews 6. Most of my Covenant family/friends would disagree with that, and most dispensationalists as well.

In Him

-Lon