ECT What's MAD?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do you have a specific passage you want to discuss? Your 'new hermeneutics' is causing some problems for me. (The Bible means different things depending on millenials or others reading it).
So you're THAT old? No wonder. I'd like to discuss 2P2P, NHNE, Revelation and Genesis through Jude. And millenials

Interplanner

So you're THAT old? No wonder. I'd like to discuss 2P2P, NHNE, Revelation and Genesis through Jude. And millenials

2P2P? Great. it's a chapter in Ryrie one of those books Danoh has read but doesn't realize he has. He said 2P2P was the cornerstone of D'ism. (Isn't it odd that he wasn't trying to identify the cornerstone of the church or Christian mission; that he was actively pursuing something to support a bizarre, fantasy doctrine--something that would provide it with a cornerstone? what a guy!)

Danoh

It really funny how fixated you are on Paul preaching Christ in a synagogue to the "Men of Israel, and ye that fear God" and " Men [and] brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God" (Act 13:16 & 26).

This entire passage simply shows Israel's continued rejection of their Messiah, which is the primary purpose of the book of Acts.

I'm very curious to understand THIS verse in light of the alleged removal of all "ethnic distinctions" at that precise time of the cross as you and many other claim.
Acts 13:46 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:46) Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

WHY was it "necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you"?

Your other compulsive disorder of the book TO THE HEBREWS is also fascinating. Everything in Hebrews and Revelation is completely and totally SATURATED with Israel

Heb 12:25-29 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:25) See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more [shall not] we [escape], if we turn away from him that [speaketh] from heaven: (12:26) Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. (12:27) And this [word], Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. (12:28) Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: (12:29) For our God [is] a consuming fire.

The WE throughout HEBREWS is the HEBREWS. The WE receiving the kingdom is the HEBREWS (i.e., Israel).

When does Paul call OUR God a "consuming fire"? God is NOT spoken of this way in THIS dispensation of God's GRACE!

I take Paul's "It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you:" as a reference Acts before Paul.

Paul goes in, meets with the same continuing resistence to his preaching that those all the way back to Israel's Prophets; the Lord; and the Twelve, had met with to their preaching to Israel, and reminds Israel why God concluded Israel spiritual uncircumcision to begin with.

They have continued where they were way back before both their Babylonian captivity and their scattering.

Danoh

2P2P? Great. it's a chapter in Ryrie one of those books Danoh has read but doesn't realize he has. He said 2P2P was the cornerstone of D'ism. (Isn't it odd that he wasn't trying to identify the cornerstone of the church or Christian mission; that he was actively pursuing something to support a bizarre, fantasy doctrine--something that would provide it with a cornerstone? what a guy!)

Oh, I am very well aware of what I have read or not.

For the fact of the matter is that I don't go by what I or anyone has read in books or not - my/their recurrent patterns tell me whether my/their ideas are my/their own (as are yours), another man's labor (as are yours) or those of Scripture (as are mine).

Have a Saltine; Polly :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
And YET Ryrie believes that the distinction is made in ACTS 2! That hardly qualified him as a MID-Acts dispensationalist!

But he's still not nearly as confused at you.

musterion

Ontology recapitulates philosophy. I read that in a book by Jack Gilford.
smiley_smug.gif

musterion

A lot of what has been called antisemitism in the history of Christendom has not been race-based, as people today tend to narrowly think of it. And anyone who says "But they murdered Christ!" hasn't read or doesn't believe the Bible, so that alone does not explain it, either.

Christendom's historical trend of despising and hating Jews is the result of people believing "the church" has forever replaced Israel and that "Christians" have forever replaced Jews in the favor of God. Stam nailed them on that point when he said they're guilty of spiritual larceny.

Anyway, that's resulted in two things. One, it's given those who believe that they're "spiritual Israel" a [false] excuse to, at times, persecute Jews. But it's also given them a dreaded "what if?" fear in the back of their minds, because as history wore on it became increasingly clear that the Jews as a group were virtually indestructible. No one ever managed to be forever rid of them, and attempts to annihilate them have failed. Then it really hit the fan in 1948, however one may view that particular event.

Again, this is all within the context of Christendom. I think the second reason -- replacement theology -- explains much more of the historic hatred professing Christians have had (and still have) for Jews. We catch glimpses of it from time to time here on TOL, especially whenever the Z-word pops up.

Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

Danoh

A lot of what has been called antisemitism in the history of Christendom has not been race-based, as people today tend to narrowly think of it. And anyone who says "But they murdered Christ!" hasn't read or doesn't believe the Bible, so that alone does not explain it, either.

Christendom's historical trend of despising and hating Jews is the result of people believing "the church" has forever replaced Israel and that "Christians" have forever replaced Jews in the favor of God. Stam nailed them on that point when he said they're guilty of spiritual larceny.

Anyway, that's resulted in two things. One, it's given those who believe that they're "spiritual Israel" a [false] excuse to, at times, persecute Jews. But it's also given them a dreaded "what if?" fear in the back of their minds, because as history wore on it became increasingly clear that the Jews as a group were virtually indestructible. No one ever managed to be forever rid of them, and attempts to annihilate them have failed. Then it really hit the fan in 1948, however one may view that particular event.

Again, this is all within the context of Christendom. I think the second reason -- replacement theology -- explains much more of the historic hatred professing Christians have had (and still have) for Jews. We catch glimpses of it from time to time here on TOL, especially whenever the Z-word pops up.

As much as I would like to disagree with you on the above that you and I might abide by our frequent pattern :chuckle:

I find I can't this time; bro.

Spot on post :thumb:

musterion

I appreciate that but it's funny...I don't go out of my way WANTING to disagree with you. Odd, that.

Meh, whatever.
shrug.gif

So since we agree on the basic premise, how would you tie it to preterism (or would you)?

Danoh

I appreciate that but it's funny...I don't go out of my way WANTING to disagree with you. Odd, that.

Meh, whatever.
shrug.gif

So since we agree on the basic premise, how would you tie it to preterism (or would you)?

The roots of Preterism are the RCC and the so called ECF.

What's their history spell out?

R-A-B-I-D...A-N-T-I-S-E-M-E-T-I-S-M...

Interplanner

The people who believed the historic Gospel of Christ fulfilling all the promises to the fathers sure liked their Jewish founders!

It is very sad that they 'heap up their sins' and did so in that 1st generation when they should have been launching the mission.

What was the church doing with police-enforcement powers? Hmmm, something screwy there!