What is the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
WHAT IS THE HISTORICAL GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST?

I am more than qualified to teach "The Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ". For a period of about 20 years I subscribed to a theology magazine called "Verdict". Verdict was published by Robert D. Brinsmead. Brinsmead is a Christian scholar and a tropical fruit farmer in Australia. The magazine had a world wide circulation that was directed to pastors, seminary professors, theologians and Christian scholars. Verdict was not intended for the average lay Christian, at times I struggled to understand what was being said. Some of the most prominent Christian scholars of our time wrote articles for Verdict. I have all of the magazines that were published from the early 70's to the early 90's. The purpose of Verdict was to restore the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ that has been lost due to subjective religions. Verdicts motto was "The Gospel plus nothing and nothing but the Gospel".

Brinsmead wrote, "If it is the Gospel plus something, it is not the Gospel". The apostle Paul basically said the same thing when he said to the Galatians, "I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another Gospel, which is not another; but there would be some that trouble you and would pervert the Gospel of Christ" Galatians 1:6,7. There are many Gospel perverters today. organized religion and the "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ" are not compatible, never have been, never will be.

Paul wrote, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" Romans 1:16. That is to everyone that believes the Gospel.

WHAT THE GOSPEL IS NOT.

Before we can understand what the Gospel is, we will first have to understand what the Gospel is not. The Gospel is not Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The Catholics that compiled the books of the Bible did not understand or believe the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. They still don't today. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have nothing to do with the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. Those books reveal Jesus Christ and what he did and who he was. They should have been called "The Christ event". There is nothing about the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is the "Kingdom Gospel" the Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the King has arrived. Wherever Jesus is at there is the Kingdom of God. Paul taught that the historical Gospel justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

The Gospel is not about us, the Gospel is about Jesus Christ and what he has accomplished in our name and on our behalf.

The Gospel is not about anything that we are, or have become, nor is the Gospel about anything that we have experienced.

The Gospel is not about being born again and becoming a Christian. That may be good news, but it is not the Gospel.

The Gospel is not about joining a religious organization or becoming a church member.

The Gospel is not about inviting Jesus into your heart or saying the sinners prayer.

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

The Gospel is a past historical event that took place over 2,000 years ago. It took place totally and completely outside of us , we had nothing to do with it, this why Paul wrote, "But God commended his love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8. Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, Matthew 9:13. A sinner is anyone that has violated God's Holy Law. Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one, for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:10, 23.

THE GOSPEL AND THE OLD COVENANT OF LAW AND RELIGION.

While Jesus was dying on the cross, God tore the veil that covered "The Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion, Matthew 27:51. According to the apostle Paul , the Old Covenant of law and religion has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. This is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules and religion. What it means is to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. The thief on the cross who was a sinner, never had a chance to do any good works or become religious. All that he had was faith in Jesus. Paul said, "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness, Romans 4:5. The words "Law" and "Religion" mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion, they are doing the law. When one is doing the law they are doing their religion. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, which is himself who is a sinner. The Pharisees were preoccupied with themselves by trying to be holy and keeping the law. In the 23rd chapter of Matthew Jesus referred to them as hypocrites 7 times. Jesus said of them "They say, but they don't do" Matthew 23:23. Religion tends to make one a hypocrite. James said, "If you fail in one point of the law, you have failed the whole thing" James 2:10. Jesus abolished the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion because it causes one to sin. Paul said, "But sin taking occasion by the commandment , wrought in me all manner of concupiscence (lust) for without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died" Romans 7:8, 9.

THE GOSPEL THAT JUSTIFIES, SANCTIFIES, REDEEMS AND RECONCILES US TO GOD.

I sincerely believe that all that Jesus was, and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation. When Jesus lived, we lived in him. When Jesus died, we died with him. When Jesus walked out of Joseph's new tomb, we walked out with him. Our humanity was constituted in him. He was God's new Adam and our new humanity. Paul wrote, "Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new and all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:17, 18. We do not become new creations in Jesus Christ. We are made new creations in Jesus Christ. Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto God. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. We cannot become any better than what God has already made us in Jesus Christ. Jesus now sits in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

GOD SEES "ALL THINGS" IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

Isaiah wrote, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" Isaiah 55:8. 9. As far as God is concerned, Jesus has already victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. "And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile All things" unto himself: by him, I say, whether they be things in the earth , or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20. All that have faith in Jesus and his Gospel are already reconciled unto God and now stand in God's holy court as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are entirely confused, therefore you are not qualified to teach anyone (regardless of whether you are saved or not).
I was totally confused at one time in my early Christian life. That is until I discovered the liberating power of Jesus Christ. And now I am totally free from the curse of the law and religion. You can be to if you want to be. Jesus did it all and he did it perfectly.

Right Divider

Body part
I was totally confused at one time in my early Christian life. That is until I discovered the liberating power of Jesus Christ. And now I am totally free from the curse of the law and religion. You can be to if you want to be. Jesus did it all and he did it perfectly.
There are many gospels in the Bible. Until you understand that, you will remain confused

Robert Pate

Banned
There are many gospels in the Bible. Until you understand that, you will remain confused
There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Paul said to the Galatians, "I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another Gospel, which is not another; but there be some that trouble you and would pervert the Gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven , preach any other Gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed" Galatians 1:6-8.

Right Divider

Body part
That is called the gospel of the grace of God.
It's not the gospel of the kingdom that Christ preached to Israel while He walked the earth.

Robert Pate

Banned
That is called the gospel of the grace of God.
It's not the gospel of the kingdom that Christ preached to Israel while He walked the earth.
Right. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19.

Right Divider

Body part
Right. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19.
Which gospel?

It's NOT the gospel of the kingdom that Christ preached to Israel during His earthly ministry to Israel. Preaching the gospel of the kingdom did not require preaching Christ's death on the cross, since those that Christ sent to preach the gospel of the kingdom did not even know that Christ would die.

Christ sent the twelve to preach the gospel of the kingdom in Luke 9, but in Luke 18 we can clearly see that they did not even know that Christ would die:
Luke 18:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(18:31) ¶ Then he took [unto him] the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (18:32) For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: (18:33) And they shall scourge [him], and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. (18:34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Robert Pate

Banned
Which gospel?

It's NOT the gospel of the kingdom that Christ preached to Israel during His earthly ministry to Israel. Preaching the gospel of the kingdom did not require preaching Christ's death on the cross, since those that Christ sent to preach the gospel of the kingdom did not even know that Christ would die.

Christ sent the twelve to preach the gospel of the kingdom in Luke 9, but in Luke 18 we can clearly see that they did not even know that Christ would die:
There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly without works, Romans 4:5.
There is only one Gospel that reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19.

The Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the King has arrived. Wherever Jesus is at there is the Kingdom of God.

You need to go back and read the opening post. Paul is the only one that preached "The Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ". It was revealed to him by Jesus, Galatians 1:11,12.

Right Divider

Body part
There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly without works, Romans 4:5.
There is only one Gospel that reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19.
AGAIN... that is called the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD and it is NOT IDENTICAL to the gospel of the kingdom.
The Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the King has arrived. Wherever Jesus is at there is the Kingdom of God.
Super duper confused, you are. The "kingdom come" (Matthew 6:10) is NOT HERE and was NEVER HERE. See Christ's parable about it:
Luke 19:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:11) And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. (19:12) He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
You need to go back and read the opening post. Paul is the only one that preached "The Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ". It was revealed to him by Jesus, Galatians 1:11,12.
Your term "the historical gospel of Jesus Christ" is bogus from the get go.

What about THIS "historical gospel of Jesus Christ"?
Mark 1:1-3 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; (1:2) As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. (1:3) The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Robert Pate

Banned
The guy on the video is wrong.

The Kingdom of God for now is spiritual. God does have a church on the earth, but it is not a visual church. We don't really know who is a believer and who isn't. When Jesus returns he will establish his Kingdom on the earth, it will be very visual. The anti-Christ will try to establish a false Kingdom on the earth. Many will be deceived. He will even make fire come down from the heavens, Revelation 13:13.

Robert Pate

Banned
AGAIN... that is called the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD and it is NOT IDENTICAL to the gospel of the kingdom.

Super duper confused, you are. The "kingdom come" (Matthew 6:10) is NOT HERE and was NEVER HERE. See Christ's parable about it:

Your term "the historical gospel of Jesus Christ" is bogus from the get go.

What about THIS "historical gospel of Jesus Christ"?
The Historical Gospel is historical because it is a past historical event, it took place before we were born.

The opening article is not about the Kingdom Gospel. It is about the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Only those that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit can understand the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. All others are blind to it.

Paul said, "But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them that believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God should shine unto them" 2 Corinthians 4;3, 4.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
WHAT IS THE HISTORICAL GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST?

I am more than qualified to teach "The Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ". For a period of about 20 years I subscribed to a theology magazine called "Verdict". Verdict was published by Robert D. Brinsmead. Brinsmead is a Christian scholar and a tropical fruit farmer in Australia. The magazine had a world wide circulation that was directed to pastors, seminary professors, theologians and Christian scholars. Verdict was not intended for the average lay Christian, at times I struggled to understand what was being said. Some of the most prominent Christian scholars of our time wrote articles for Verdict. I have all of the magazines that were published from the early 70's to the early 90's. The purpose of Verdict was to restore the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ that has been lost due to subjective religions. Verdicts motto was "The Gospel plus nothing and nothing but the Gospel".

Brinsmead wrote, "If it is the Gospel plus something, it is not the Gospel". The apostle Paul basically said the same thing when he said to the Galatians, "I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another Gospel, which is not another; but there would be some that trouble you and would pervert the Gospel of Christ" Galatians 1:6,7. There are many Gospel perverters today. organized religion and the "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ" are not compatible, never have been, never will be.

Paul wrote, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" Romans 1:16. That is to everyone that believes the Gospel.

WHAT THE GOSPEL IS NOT.

Before we can understand what the Gospel is, we will first have to understand what the Gospel is not. The Gospel is not Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The Catholics that compiled the books of the Bible did not understand or believe the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. They still don't today. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have nothing to do with the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. Those books reveal Jesus Christ and what he did and who he was. They should have been called "The Christ event". There is nothing about the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is the "Kingdom Gospel" the Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the King has arrived. Wherever Jesus is at there is the Kingdom of God. Paul taught that the historical Gospel justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

The Gospel is not about us, the Gospel is about Jesus Christ and what he has accomplished in our name and on our behalf.

The Gospel is not about anything that we are, or have become, nor is the Gospel about anything that we have experienced.

The Gospel is not about being born again and becoming a Christian. That may be good news, but it is not the Gospel.

The Gospel is not about joining a religious organization or becoming a church member.

The Gospel is not about inviting Jesus into your heart or saying the sinners prayer.

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

The Gospel is a past historical event that took place over 2,000 years ago. It took place totally and completely outside of us , we had nothing to do with it, this why Paul wrote, "But God commended his love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8. Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, Matthew 9:13. A sinner is anyone that has violated God's Holy Law. Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one, for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:10, 23.

THE GOSPEL AND THE OLD COVENANT OF LAW AND RELIGION.

While Jesus was dying on the cross, God tore the veil that covered "The Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion, Matthew 27:51. According to the apostle Paul , the Old Covenant of law and religion has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. This is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules and religion. What it means is to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. The thief on the cross who was a sinner, never had a chance to do any good works or become religious. All that he had was faith in Jesus. Paul said, "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness, Romans 4:5. The words "Law" and "Religion" mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion, they are doing the law. When one is doing the law they are doing their religion. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, which is himself who is a sinner. The Pharisees were preoccupied with themselves by trying to be holy and keeping the law. In the 23rd chapter of Matthew Jesus referred to them as hypocrites 7 times. Jesus said of them "They say, but they don't do" Matthew 23:23. Religion tends to make one a hypocrite. James said, "If you fail in one point of the law, you have failed the whole thing" James 2:10. Jesus abolished the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion because it causes one to sin. Paul said, "But sin taking occasion by the commandment , wrought in me all manner of concupiscence (lust) for without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died" Romans 7:8, 9.

THE GOSPEL THAT JUSTIFIES, SANCTIFIES, REDEEMS AND RECONCILES US TO GOD.

I sincerely believe that all that Jesus was, and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation. When Jesus lived, we lived in him. When Jesus died, we died with him. When Jesus walked out of Joseph's new tomb, we walked out with him. Our humanity was constituted in him. He was God's new Adam and our new humanity. Paul wrote, "Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new and all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:17, 18. We do not become new creations in Jesus Christ. We are made new creations in Jesus Christ. Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto God. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. We cannot become any better than what God has already made us in Jesus Christ. Jesus now sits in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

GOD SEES "ALL THINGS" IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

Isaiah wrote, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" Isaiah 55:8. 9. As far as God is concerned, Jesus has already victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. "And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile All things" unto himself: by him, I say, whether they be things in the earth , or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20. All that have faith in Jesus and his Gospel are already reconciled unto God and now stand in God's holy court as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.
At least you acknowledge that Jesus and Paul taught to different Gospels.

Robert Pate

Banned
At least you acknowledge that Jesus and Paul taught to different Gospels.
Jesus never taught the Gospel that justifies ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. He left that up to to the apostles. Paul received the Gospel that he taught directly from Jesus, Galatians 1:11, 12.

Right Divider

Body part
The guy on the video is wrong.
The guy on the video is right, Robert Pate is wrong.
The Kingdom of God for now is spiritual.
There is a spiritual kingdom of God, but that is NOT what Jesus Christ was preaching with the gospel of the kingdom. A "teacher" like you should know that.
God does have a church on the earth, but it is not a visual church.
The "church which is His body" is NOT the "kingdom of God" that Christ preached while ministering to HIS people, Israel on the earth.
We don't really know who is a believer and who isn't.
True.
When Jesus returns he will establish his Kingdom on the earth, it will be very visual.
Absolutely! That is what the gospel of the kingdom is about.
The anti-Christ will try to establish a false Kingdom on the earth. Many will be deceived. He will even make fire come down from the heavens, Revelation 13:13.
True again.

Robert Pate

Banned
Which gospel?

The apostles did not know what the Gospel was until the day of Pentecost when it was revealed to them by the Holy Spirit, Acts, chapter 2.

Right Divider

Body part
The Historical Gospel is historical because it is a past historical event, it took place before we were born.
So is it your claim that Mark 1:1 is not historical?
Mark 1:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; (1:2) As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
That looks pretty historical to me.
The opening article is not about the Kingdom Gospel. It is about the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Only those that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit can understand the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. All others are blind to it.
What is the name of this gospel and why do you feel the need to capitalize the word "gospel"?
I can always tell when someone has an incorrect agenda when they think that they need to capitalize "gospel".
There are many gospels in the Bible... do you capitalize them all?
Paul said, "But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them that believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God should shine unto them" 2 Corinthians 4;3, 4.
Wonderful.