What is the Gospel?

Sonnet

ad hominem
You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.
Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit their argument. The result of an ad hom attack can be to undermine someone's case without actually having to engage with it.
Example: After Sally presents an eloquent and compelling case for a more equitable taxation system, Sam asks the audience whether we should believe anything from a woman who isn't married, was once arrested, and smells a bit weird.​

glorydaz

Likewise with a word like Easter...

By the time of the first English Bible, the word Easter had come to have a different meaning within Protestantism - one which it borrowed from the Roman Catholicism it broke from.

In short, the RCC "corrupted" the word "Pascha" into the word Easter (back when the ROMAN Emperor: Constantine, was drawing from the various pagan religions then at odds with one another within that then vast ROMAN Empire - including the religion of Ishstar - into what became ROMAN Catholicism, short for Rome's Official Universal, State Religion).

Centuries later, the Protestants took up that same word "Easter."

Which was where things were, when Pascha was translated "Easter" there, in Acts; the first mention of Pascha after the Resurrection.

And what is Pascha? It is Passover. Did Jesus rise on Passover? Acts 12:4

Matthew 26:18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.​

I'm surprised anyone would encourage someone else to equate Easter with the Resurrection.

Even if it does make one popular with the non-"club" members of the board.

Especially to the absolute exclusion of the Death and Burial of the Lord Jesus Christ. We are talking the Gospel are we not? Is that the Gospel? The Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ?

glorydaz

ad hominem
You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.
Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit their argument. The result of an ad hom attack can be to undermine someone's case without actually having to engage with it.
Example: After Sally presents an eloquent and compelling case for a more equitable taxation system, Sam asks the audience whether we should believe anything from a woman who isn't married, was once arrested, and smells a bit weird.​

Oh, so that's what you're doing? Good job for the great example you've been setting.

The problem with your little scolding is that Evil Eye has no argument of his own. He sucking off that of others so he can play the Great Defender of the Lost and Seeking.

Save you crap for someone who wants to buy it. :popcorn:

glorydaz

Certainly - if it is asserted that Jesus did not die for all (and yet John 3:14-16 is true) then it's going to get a reaction.

Not what I'm talking about, Mr. I don't believe the Bible and I'm not a believer, myself.

Making a point is one thing. Insisting one side should turn on the other over differences in doctrine, while claiming said doctrine is the Gospel, is sowing discord. You don't even know what the Gospel is, but you're sure trying to start arguments about it.

Asking why those who don't believe what the Calvinists do aren't cursing them for what they're preaching, that is absolutely sowing discord.

You and your mentor, the Evil one, are playing games. Sowing discord.

Sonnet

Not what I'm talking about, Mr. I don't believe the Bible and I'm not a believer, myself.

Making a point is one thing. Insisting one side should turn on the other over differences in doctrine, while claiming said doctrine is the Gospel, is sowing discord. You don't even know what the Gospel is, but you're sure trying to start arguments about it.

Asking why those who don't believe what the Calvinists do aren't cursing them for what they're preaching, that is absolutely sowing discord.

You and your mentor, the Evil one, are playing games. Sowing discord.

The turning on each other has been happening for 500 years.
And again you engage in ad hominems.

glorydaz

The turning on each other has been happening for 500 years.
And again you engage in ad hominems.

I'm talking about here on TOL. I'm talking about YOU.

Oh, and your scratched record on ad hominems is skipping. No THERE there. :chuckle:

So, running out of excuses are you? Should I curse you for being an unbeliever?

Better that than to curse those who love the Lord, but don't happen to see eye to eye with me on everything.

Danoh

And what is Pascha? It is Passover. Did Jesus rise on Passover? Acts 12:4

Matthew 26:18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.​

I'm surprised anyone would encourage someone else to equate Easter with the Resurrection.

Even if it does make one popular with the non-"club" members of the board.

Especially to the absolute exclusion of the Death and Burial of the Lord Jesus Christ. We are talking the Gospel are we not? Is that the Gospel? The Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Leave it to you to once more read a thing from within your obvious, petty, ever festering grievances with anyone who has ever called you out on your obvious duplicity.

From within your ill-will you once more sought to find an ill-will, and found one.

Talk about self-deception.

All one can do, then, is to choose to do by faith, what one is called to - to view even your kind thru the lens of Romans 5:8.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Of course not. You merely brush aside what you don't understand. Way to go Agnostio.

He’s right. As a matter of fact, when any non believer reads the text they take it correctly. It’s only when theologians get involved that the obvious axiomatic truth gets twisted sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glorydaz

Leave it to you to once more read a thing from within your obvious, petty, ever festering grievances with anyone who has ever called you out on your obvious duplicity.

From within your ill-will you once more sought to find an ill-will, and found one.

Talk about self-deception.

All one can do, then, is to choose to do by faith, what one is called to - to view even your kind thru the lens of Romans 5:8.

Me? :rotfl:

I was supporting what you had posted.
I was giving you an opening to give your understanding of the Passover.
Did you see the part I cited?

Drop the persecution complex....it's so unbecoming. Ninny :doh:

glorydaz

Cornelius was a Gentile. I don't feel that it's worth debating further.

He’s right. As a matter of fact, when any non believer reads the text they take it correctly. It’s only when theologians get involved that the obvious axiomatic truth gets twisted sister.

Ah, he's "right" technically, but totally blind to the fact of the matter under discussion. Cool.

And, I guess he was also right for not feeling the need to discuss it any further. Probably a good thing, since he doesn't really want to HEAR. He's merely here to sow discord. :plain: