What is the Gospel?

Sonnet

I am a non-believer interested in knowing what the good news is. I ask because, in my experience, Christians do not seem to agree on the specifics. One might point to the issue of the scope of Christ's salvific provision as being particularly relevant.

If the Gospel isn't clearly defined then, surely, the non-believer may legitimately ask, 'Believe in what?'

Truster

There are three English words used to translate one Hebrew and one Greek word. The English words are faith, believe and trust. Only one of these words conveys what is savingly wrought in a guilty sinner and is necessary for salvation. When received it is like having the mains power connected to a property that has been off grid since it was built..."Let there be light".

Sonnet

There are three English words used to translate one Hebrew and one Greek word. The English words are faith, believe and trust. Only one of these words conveys what is savingly wrought in a guilty sinner and is necessary for salvation. When received it is like having the mains power connected to a property that has been off grid since it was built..."Let there be light".

Ok.

Sonnet

It would be a waste of time as you can't convert yourself.

Is this the Gospel Truster:

1 Corinthians 15:3-8
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

In verses 1 and 2 Paul says:
Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

So is it the Gospel Truster?

Truster

PS I have the feeling that you have an ulterior motive in posting. You are repetitive and you seem to be on some sort of phishing expedition.

Truster

Is this the Gospel Truster:

1 Corinthians 15:3-8
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

In verses 1 and 2 Paul says:
Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

So is it the Gospel Truster?

You must have had that ready to paste, EE.

Sonnet

Christianity is in schism to the extent that the Gospel isn't defined.
Is it wise to allow both Arminians and Calvinists to be considered Christians?

Truster

Ok Truster - best we stop this exchange.

The scriptures describe you in detail. You have access to the truth, but you are subject to this judgment:

"Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not."

I am both blessed and simultaneously awed at this judgment. Blessed in seeing it so perfectly manifested in you and awed at the severity.

"Behold therefore the goodness and severity of Elohim:" Amen.

Truster

There are no converts in the denominations. They might venture in, but they will always hear the call to come out and be obedient to the call.

Truster

The Bible is the revealed will of the Eternal Almighty. It is His will to give His Son an inheritance "Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession."

Only the chosen heirs can benefit under the terms of the Fathers will and testament. Nobody can write themselves into the will of a testator no matter how much they desire a part of the estate.

The evangelism (gospel) is understood by the heirs because only the heirs receive it in power. Anyone can read about it or hear about it but the evangel only comes in power to those that The Father chose.

We are the foolish and the weak things of the world. This in itself excludes you because you are wise in your own eyes and strong in your own opinion. You would need to become foolish and weak, but your pride would not allow this...

Truster

There is no schism in the ecclesia there are only those that come in by another way to oppose the truth. They come to tear and maim as you do. We* however have this guarantee:

"...I will build my ecclesia; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it".

We* the redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners, amen, amen and amen.

Truster

The feeling you now have is one of tribulation and anguish. You are not in control and for the likes of you that is insufferable. Things are not going the way you carefully planned in your imagination and nobody is taking the bait.

The annoyance you feel is bordering on violence and you'll be seeking someone to blame. Don't kick the dog. Don't beat your wife/girlfriend/partner/lodger or children.

Go look in the mirror and you'll see Adam...

Sonnet

The feeling you now have is one of tribulation and anguish. You are not in control and for the likes of you that is insufferable. Things are not going the way you carefully planned in your imagination and nobody is taking the bait.

The annoyance you feel is bordering on violence and you'll be seeking someone to blame. Don't kick the dog. Don't beat your wife/girlfriend/partner/lodger or children.

Go look in the mirror and you'll see Adam...

This? - when all I asked was if you agreed with Paul's definition of the Gospel? A 'yes' or 'no' would have been enough.

If you are going to post please keep it relevant to the OP.

Truster

This? - when all I asked was if you agreed with Paul's definition of the Gospel? A 'yes' or 'no' would have been enough.

If you are going to post please keep it relevant to the OP.

All my posts are relevant to the Truth and are in answer to the OP. The problem arises because you don't understand your questions.

Truster

I am a non-believer interested in knowing what the good news is. I ask because, in my experience, Christians do not seem to agree on the specifics. One might point to the issue of the scope of Christ's salvific provision as being particularly relevant.

If the Gospel isn't clearly defined then, surely, the non-believer may legitimately ask, 'Believe in what?'

When you say that you are a "non-believer" what is it that you can't believe?

You see my problem don't you. One minute you say you are a non-believer and the next minute you are asking what you should believe?

I use the term believe guardedly because it should be "trust". As in you can't trust.