What is the express image of God?

keypurr

keypurr, Jesus IS the Christ. Jesus IS Christ. Our Lord AND Savior

John 1:1-3 KJV -

Colossians 1:15 KJV - Who IS the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature -

Colossians 1:16 KJV - For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him:

Colossians 1:17 KJV - And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

Colossians 1:18 KJV - And He IS the head of the body, the Church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence. -

There was Christ long before there was Jesus.

Christ is a spiritual son friend, your not paying attention to what is written in Heb 1 or Col 1. Christ is the express image, not Jesus. Jesus is not the son that became flesh, he was born flesh.

Your in a church box Patrick. If you are seeking truth, you need to get out of that box your in.

keypurr

Jesus existed before He was born, but He had not yet been named (though His name was to be since the time when He was in His mother's womb.

No, Christ is not an image Biblically. That is some other idea that is not Biblical.

The Bible says nowhere (or rather it does not say anywhere) that there was some "Christ" that spoke through Jesus.

I used to believe that too, but I no longer do. Keep in mind that Christ spoke through Jesus, that is what he was sent to do. The Christ IN Jesus was at the creation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I used to believe that too, but I no longer do. Keep in mind that Christ spoke through Jesus, that is what he was sent to do. The Christ IN Jesus was at the creation.
I believe there is one person, Jesus who was called the Christ. You are separating them and saying the Christ was in Jesus being different from Jesus, which is false.

Matthew 1:16 KJV - 16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Matthew 27:17, 22 KJV - 17 Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ? ... 22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.

keypurr

I believe there is one person, Jesus who was called the Christ. You are separating them and saying the Christ was in Jesus being different from Jesus, which is false.

Matthew 1:16 KJV - 16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Matthew 27:17, 22 KJV - 17 Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ? ... 22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.

If you could prove to me that Jesus is the express image of the invisible God. God is a spirit, his express image would also have to be a spirit. Your not thinking friend.

Why would Christ need a body in Heb 10:5?

You need to question everything.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you could prove to me that Jesus is the express image of the invisible God. God is a spirit, his express image would also have to be a spirit. Your not thinking friend.

Why would Christ need a body in Heb 10:5?

You need to question everything.
I am questioning you.

You have an idea that is not based in scripture. You believe God's express image would have to be a spirit, while the express image described in scripture (express image is the wording in at least one translation) is referring to Jesus God's Son, who is not a spirit.

Explain your thinking about Hebrews 10:5 or it would be that I believe the scripture but I don't interpret it the way you do.

keypurr

I am questioning you.

You have an idea that is not based in scripture. You believe God's express image would have to be a spirit, while the express image described in scripture (express image is the wording in at least one translation) is referring to Jesus God's Son, who is not a spirit.

Explain your thinking about Hebrews 10:5 or it would be that I believe the scripture but I don't interpret it the way you do.

No it is not, Christ became man by being in Jesus, that is after the fact that Christ is a spirit. Jesus was born to hold the true son Christ. It was the only way God could bring knowledge of himself to us and at the same time send a sinless man to die for us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No it is not, Christ became man by being in Jesus, that is after the fact that Christ is a spirit. Jesus was born to hold the true son Christ. It was the only way God could bring knowledge of himself to us and at the same time send a sinless man to die for us.
The word Christ means anointed, as with the word Messiah. Many were anointed before Jesus, but it is only Jesus that we call the Messiah.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 1:3 KJV - 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

keypurr

What son at creation?

The express image is the spiritual son that God used to create everything. This son was given the fullness of the Father. IT is a form of God (Phil 2). This spirit took the form of man. This spirit is the logos in John 1. God's plan was to send his son, not just cause one to be born. The two became one at the anointing. That is where Jesus Christ is established as God's begotten son. It was then God told us that this was his son. The joining of the spirit to the flesh.

Jesus was given the power of Christ, that is the wisdom of all things that took place before that time. Christ came down from heaven, Jesus was born to Mary. Jesus was born the savior but not the Christ. That came later when he was thirty.

StanJ

The express image is the spiritual son that God used to create everything. This son was given the fullness of the Father. IT is a form of God (Phil 2). This spirit took the form of man. This spirit is the logos in John 1. God's plan was to send his son, not just cause one to be born. The two became one at the anointing. That is where Jesus Christ is established as God's begotten son. It was then God told us that this was his son. The joining of the spirit to the flesh.
Jesus was given the power of Christ, that is the wisdom of all things that took place before that time. Christ came down from heaven, Jesus was born to Mary. Jesus was born the savior but not the Christ. That came later when he was thirty.

The WORD created everything, and Jesus is the Word incarnate, He is not a form of God, He IS God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I don't believe there was a joining, I believe Jesus is the Christ. Jesus is the Messiah. It means the same thing.

keypurr

Hebrews 1:3 KJV - 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Christ only changed his form from spirit to a man when he went into Jesus, he did purge our sins. The Universe was not made through a man. The spirit of God that moved across the face of the waters was Christ. He is the express image of the Father, he is the son at the creation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christ only changed his form from spirit to a man when he went into Jesus, he did purge our sins. The Universe was not made through a man. The spirit of God that moved across the face of the waters was Christ. He is the express image of the Father, he is the son at the creation.
No to all. Jesus died for us, resurrected, appeared to many, and ascended to the right hand of God.

keypurr

I don't believe there was a joining, I believe Jesus is the Christ. Jesus is the Messiah. It means the same thing.

I believe that Jesus is the Christ also, but I also believe that Christ was at the creation and Jesus was not. Jesus did not come down from heaven, Christ did.

Got to go to bed now, I have been up for twenty hours. I got myself a job this week at the senior center driving the Van. It is a very busy Van, we ran three of them today. I enjoyed doing it, there are a lot of folks that need rides to their doctors. I will get back to you tomorrow.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe that Jesus is the Christ also, but I also believe that Christ was at the creation and Jesus was not. Jesus did not come down from heaven, Christ did.

Got to go to bed now, I have been up for twenty hours. I got myself a job this week at the senior center driving the Van. It is a very busy Van, we ran three of them today. I enjoyed doing it, there are a lot of folks that need rides to their doctors. I will get back to you tomorrow.
You separate between Christ and Jesus. You also believe the son was there at creation, but you do believe Jesus is the Son of God right? You are saying two things while I am saying Jesus is the Christ and that I believe he was born or begotten of God.

keypurr

You separate between Christ and Jesus. You also believe the son was there at creation, but you do believe Jesus is the Son of God right? You are saying two things while I am saying Jesus is the Christ and that I believe he was born or begotten of God.

Yes I do. I see a spiritual son who is the express image of the Father. This is a created form of God for he was given power.

I also see the flesh son that God brought fourth to hold his spiritual son as a man. Most church folks see Jesus as a man and a God. I see him as man with a form of God controlling him.

The WORD became flesh. Christ, the spirit, was IN Jesus. Jesus was the body needed for Christ to manifest God to us and then be the Lamb of God on the cross.

Jesus became the Christ when he was anointed with Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes I do. I see a spiritual son who is the express image of the Father. This is a created form of God for he was given power.

I also see the flesh son that God brought fourth to hold his spiritual son as a man. Most church folks see Jesus as a man and a God. I see him as man with a form of God controlling him.

The WORD became flesh. Christ, the spirit, was IN Jesus. Jesus was the body needed for Christ to manifest God to us and then be the Lamb of God on the cross.

Jesus became the Christ when he was anointed with Christ.
Again, what you have said has no basis in anything Biblical. Read about the express image again. You need to see that it is Jesus.

keypurr

Again, what you have said has no basis in anything Biblical. Read about the express image again. You need to see that it is Jesus.

When you relate to Jesus, you relate to the Christ IN him.

Jesus did NOTHING til he was anointed with the spirit Christ. He had a lot of knowledge but not the fullness of God until he was baptized. He had to grow in wisdom, he was human. Christ is a created form of God. This is very Biblical, but not churchy. Your ignoring what is being told to you in his words. Think beyond what you learned in Sunday school.