What is the express image of God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When you relate to Jesus, you relate to the Christ IN him.

Jesus did NOTHING til he was anointed with the spirit Christ. He had a lot of knowledge but not the fullness of God until he was baptized. He had to grow in wisdom, he was human. Christ is a created form of God. This is very Biblical, but not churchy. Your ignoring what is being told to you in his words. Think beyond what you learned in Sunday school.
What about when He was found in the temple as a child?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Jesus did NOTHING til he was anointed with the spirit Christ. He had a lot of knowledge but not the fullness of God until he was baptized. He had to grow in wisdom, he was human. Christ is a created form of God. This is very Biblical, but not churchy. Your ignoring what is being told to you in his words. Think beyond what you learned in Sunday school.

Jesus is not a separate being from the Christ.

John 4:29 Modern English Version (MEV)

29 “Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?”

StanJ

When I relate to Jesus, I relate to His hypostatic nature, God incarnate in man, not as a simple man. How could He possibly be our savior as a simple man? Christ is a Greek word for savior, NOT a form of God. Jesus Christ IS God.
IMO you have gone way past what Sunday school ever taught. If there is a left field in the cosmos you are out there all on your own.

Last edited:

keypurr

Jesus is not a separate being from the Christ.

John 4:29 Modern English Version (MEV)

29 “Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?”

True, after he was anointed with the spirit Christ.

Jesus was a man in which the spirit Christ dwelled.

keypurr

When I relate to Jesus, I relate to His hypostatic nature, God incarnate in man, not as a simple man. How could He possible be our savior as a simple man? Christ is a Greek word for savior, NOT a form of God. Jesus Christ IS God.
IMO you have gone way past what Sunday school ever taught. If there is a left field in the cosmos you are out there all on your own.

Stan welcome to the conversation.

Phil 2 says that Christ was a form of God, not God. I see him as a created form of God for he is the express image of the Father who is the only true God. John 17:3. You will have a hard time proving in scripture that Jesus Christ is God. He is the son of God, not God. All his power came from his God.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear keypurr,

I do know what you're trying to say, and I can believe you. You are calling Christ the amount of God's Own Spirit that He put within His Son. But being His Son, does not make Him the Father. They are separate but One. It's not so hard to figure. If you have two equal glasses/vessels filled with almost the exact same amount of water, Christ being the one with a bit less water, then you have two that are One. Jesus said, "He who hath seen me, hath seen the Father." Don't get hung up on words. Jesus and Christ are synonymous with each other.

Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

keypurr

Dear keypurr,

I do know what you're trying to say, and I can believe you. You are calling Christ the amount of God's Own Spirit that He put within His Son. But being His Son, does not make Him the Father. They are separate but One. It's not so hard to figure. If you have two equal glasses/vessels filled with almost the exact same amount of water, Christ being the one with a bit less water, then you have two that are One. Jesus said, "He who hath seen me, hath seen the Father." Don't get hung up on words. Jesus and Christ are synonymous with each other.

Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

No Mike, that is not my view. Christ is a created copy of his Father. Two separate beings. Christ is in subjection to his Father even though he was given the fullness of the father.

God himself did not come to us, he sent Christ to dwell in Jesus. If you see the Christ in Jesus, you see a copy of the Father. No one is a great as the Father, Jesus Christ told you that. I test every word in every verse Michael, that is what is needed to find truth.

Peace and love to you my friend.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No Mike, that is not my view. Christ is a created copy of his Father. Two separate beings. Christ is in subjection to his Father even though he was given the fullness of the father.

God himself did not come to us, he sent Christ to dwell in Jesus. If you see the Christ in Jesus, you see a copy of the Father. No one is a great as the Father, Jesus Christ told you that. I test every word in every verse Michael, that is what is needed to find truth.

Peace and love to you my friend.

What do you do with;

John 10:30 Modern English Version (MEV)

30 My Father and I are one.”

OCTOBER23

KEYPURR said,

Is truth to much for you to handle friend?

Heb 1:1 Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also created the worlds.
Heb 1:3 He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
Heb 1:4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.
Heb 1:5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have begotten you"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."
Heb 1:7 Of the angels he says, "He makes his angels winds, and his servants flames of fire."
Heb 1:8 But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of your kingdom.
Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions."

Define if you can October23.

Start by telling us what the express image of God would be?
Keep in mind that Jesus said his Father is a spirit.
-----------------------------------------------------------
EXPRESS IMAGE = JESUS DID AND SAID EXACTLY WHAT THE FATHER TOLD HIM TO DO.

AND THUS HE SAYS -- " My Father and I are one.”

ALSO , JESUS WAS THE LORD GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT.
==================================================

THAT IS WHERE YOU FAIL KEYPURR MY SON

keypurr

What do you do with;

John 10:30 Modern English Version (MEV)

30 My Father and I are one.”

Jesus Christ can do nothing without the approval of his God.

He came to do the will of his Father. They think alike but they are two separate beings. One the creator and one the created.

keypurr

I believe you are lying.

I am many things Untellectual but being a lier is not one of them. I sincerely believe what I post. I have been prayerfully reading God's word for over seventy years. I give you my opinion, you decide if you wish to accept it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am many things Untellectual but being a lier is not one of them. I sincerely believe what I post. I have been prayerfully reading God's word for over seventy years. I give you my opinion, you decide if you wish to accept it.
If you are just sincere and sincerely wrong then you may not know you are spreading lies. But I have read the Bible so I do.

keypurr

KEYPURR said,

Is truth to much for you to handle friend?

Heb 1:1 Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also created the worlds.
Heb 1:3 He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
Heb 1:4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.
Heb 1:5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have begotten you"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."
Heb 1:7 Of the angels he says, "He makes his angels winds, and his servants flames of fire."
Heb 1:8 But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of your kingdom.
Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions."

Define if you can October23.

Start by telling us what the express image of God would be?
Keep in mind that Jesus said his Father is a spirit.
-----------------------------------------------------------
EXPRESS IMAGE = JESUS DID AND SAID EXACTLY WHAT THE FATHER TOLD HIM TO DO.

AND THUS HE SAYS -- " My Father and I are one.”

ALSO , JESUS WAS THE LORD GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT.
==================================================

THAT IS WHERE YOU FAIL KEYPURR MY SON

Oh boy, you have a bigger problem than I thought.

Read Heb 1 in other trsnslations. God created an exact copy of himself. That would be a spiritual being.

October your on the wrong track.

OCTOBER23

KEYPURR,

NAY ,NAY, YE ARE THE ONE WHO CANST NOT PERCEIVETH THE PLAIN TRUTH.

Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

WHAT IN HEBREWS DO YOU OBJECT TO ????????
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4 ¶ Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

keypurr

KEYPURR,

NAY ,NAY, YE ARE THE ONE WHO CANST NOT PERCEIVETH THE PLAIN TRUTH.

Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

WHAT IN HEBREWS DO YOU OBJECT TO ????????
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4 ¶ Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

I have no objections to scripture friend, but your not seeing what the words are telling you.

Study verse 3. God made an exact copy of himself. A created godlike creature, his spiritual son Christ.

keypurr

If you are just sincere andxzxxZdfd sincerely wrong then you may not know you are spreading lies. But I have read the Bible so I do.

I spread truth friend. It is your church forefathers who spread the lies that you hold on to. The truth a can hurt.