What is holding us back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

Oats, are you a Jew? I didn't know that. :think:

The Bible will never make sense to you until you can figure out what was written to the Jews...

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And what was written to the rest of us.

Eph. 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:​

TO THE JEW FIRST. Keep that in mind, and you'll have no reason to be ashamed.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:​

I am well aware of those verses, but that not not negate what Jesus said, we simply must see to what extent they apply to us.

Jesus is declared the Christ in the gospels, do you reject that he is the Christ, the son of God?

Do you reject that Jesus is the son of God because the gospels say so?

Do you reject that "it is finished" because Jesus said it in the gospels?

So I repeat the same to you.

John 14:12 states

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

I believe on him, therefore Jesus Christ is talking to me.

Why don't you believe on him?

So John 3:16 does not apply to you? It applies to me.

So John 14:6 does not apply to you? It applies to me.

Since John 14:6 is not true for you, then who is your way to the Father? The pope? Buddha? Islam? Who is your way to the Father?

Are you suggesting that everything recorded in the gospels has nothing to do with you? You don't need to know anything in those books? Who then is your lord and savior? who then is the Christ if not Jesus the son of God?

So you reject everything recorded in the gospels that Jesus Christ said as well?

Wow.

Do reject the OT as well?

What is left in your Bible?

oatmeal

So you Christ rejecters, musterion and glorydaz....

How is it that the apostles Paul and Peter and Philip did the same works as Jesus Christ but according to you John 14:12 does not apply to their lives and ministries?

Jesus Christ cast out devils, healed the sick spoke the truth, lived by God's word, so how dare the Christians do that as well?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Since John 14:6 is not true for you, then who is your way to the Father? The pope? Buddha? Islam? Who is your way to the Father?

Are you suggesting that everything recorded in the gospels has nothing to do with you? You don't need to know anything in those books? Who then is your lord and savior? who then is the Christ if not Jesus the son of God?
Does Matthew 15:24 also apply to you?

Because it doesn't apply to me.

oatmeal

Oatmeal, this is borderline blasphemy, if not outright.

Keep in mind that you are on a trinitarian run forum, and that we do believe the Bible to be perfect in it's original manuscripts.

Actually, the trinity is at best wrongly dividing the word of truth, at worst, it is willful idolatry

Romans 1:20-23

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

You have taken the image of God, (who is spirit, according the man Christ Jesus in John 4:24) and made him a man, not spirit.

You deny the lamb of God, to you, the lamb of God is God, what a jumble of nonsense and confusion

You might note the context, it is speaking of how men and women left heterosexuality and chose homosexuality instead of God's order of things

Romans 1 does not paint a pretty future for trinitarians

musterion

So you as a Christian do not believe what Jesus Christ said.

Bad logic.

I do believe 100% all that He said is true.

I do not believe He was speaking to or about me, but to a specific group at a specific time.

If you can't see the difference there, nobody can help you.

If he is God as you believe he is you are making excuses not to believe your God.

When is the last time you sold all that you own and gave the proceeds to the poor?

When is the last time you ate Levitically unclean food? Or wore clothes of mixed fabrics?

When is the last time you built an ark?

No wonder you fall for such nonsense as the trinity.

Trolling your own thread now?

clefty

So evidently, neither does John 14:6

Who then is your way to the Father? Buddha? Mohammed?

Who?

Oh no it’s still through Him...

but He gives them a pass...they don’t actually have to do what He says or do what He did...

they raptured themselves from obligations His yoke His burden...in His house they don’t have to clean or do His house chores...they are squatters...

They divide the kingdom between those that do and those that don’t live His Way...it’s an apartheid state

Last edited:

glorydaz

I am well aware of those verses, but that not not negate what Jesus said, we simply must see to what extent they apply to us.

Are you a Jew? What our Lord said when He walked among us, He said to the Jews - except when he relented a couple of times to address the "dogs" who were not God's chosen people.

Jesus is declared the Christ in the gospels, do you reject that he is the Christ, the son of God?

Do you reject that Jesus is the son of God because the gospels say so?

Do you reject that "it is finished" because Jesus said it in the gospels?

Things spoken directly to the Jews are different than things spoken about Jesus Christ. He came to speak to the Jews, but we learn from the Gospels that He is God come in the flesh. Why don't you believe that, Oats?

So I repeat the same to you.

Why don't you believe on him?

So you reject everything recorded in the gospels that Jesus Christ said as well?

Wow.

Do reject the OT as well?

What is left in your Bible?

I have the entire Bible, and best of all, I read it. From the OT, I learned that God chose a special people as His own. They are the Jews. It wasn't until the Jews rejected their Messiah that God turned to the Gentiles (to make the Jews jealous, I might add). It's quite presumptuous of you to think that you are among those who God chose as His special people...above every other nation.

You have much to learn, grasshopper. Stick around and you may see that Truth that eludes you.

glorydaz

So you Christ rejecters, musterion and glorydaz....

We not only accept Jesus Christ, but He is our Lord and God. You are the one who rejects Him.

How is it that the apostles Paul and Peter and Philip did the same works as Jesus Christ but according to you John 14:12 does not apply to their lives and ministries?

Signs and wonders are for the Jews. They require them. 1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign...

Jesus Christ cast out devils, healed the sick spoke the truth, lived by God's word, so how dare the Christians do that as well?

Our Lord Jesus Christ cast out devils and performed many signs and wonders, and so did the Apostles. There is a reason for that, Oats. The Jews required a sign. After God cast off Israel, those signs and wonders ceased.

Are you an unbeliever because you don't see men being raised from the dead? Or because you don't see miracles? That's simply a sign of a man who lacks faith.

musterion

[MENTION=12603]oatmeal[/MENTION]

When is the last time you sold all that you own and gave the proceeds to the poor?

When is the last time you ate Levitically unclean food? Or wore clothes of mixed fabrics?

oatmeal

Bad logic.

I do believe 100% all that He said is true.

I do not believe He was speaking to or about me, but to a specific group at a specific time.

If you can't see the difference there, nobody can help you.

Trolling your own thread now?

Romans 15:4 makes the difference between what is directly written to Christians ie, Paul's epistles and what is written for our learning.

Indeed, many unknowing Christians apply truths from the gospels to Christianity, which is an erroneous practice, but to suggest that everything Jesus Christ said in no way in any way applies to Christians is equally erroneous.

That seems to be what you and glorydaz seem to be doing.

So John 14:6 does not apply to you? Why not?

What is the alternative? Is the apostle Paul now the way to the Father? Why isn't Jesus Christ the way to the Father for Christians?

Is John 10:30 only apply to the lost sheep of the house of Israel?

For Christians the Father and Jesus Christ are not one? That is, one in purpose?

So for Christians, the opposite of John 10:10 is true? Has the thief and Jesus Christ exchanged roles for you and glorydaz?

If you meant to say something else, you definitely need to learn to clarify your position for it is very evident that you are at best, communicating your ideas very very very poorly

oatmeal

[MENTION=12603]oatmeal[/MENTION]

Answer my questions first

When you have answered what I have already asked, then will you deserve a reply from me about this post

musterion

Answer my questions first

When you have answered what I have already asked, then will you deserve a reply from me about this post

I'm illustrating the point that your entire premise is so wrong that it's a waste of both your time and mine to address anything you've asked.

An Acts 2 fundamental Baptist would probably give you the good time you're looking for (they share at least some of your presuppositions) but I'm not one of them anymore.

PS

The reason you don't do any of the things I listed, I'm sure you'll agree, is because God didn't tell YOU to do any of them. He told other people to do them. Which is the whole point.

glorydaz

Actually, the trinity is at best wrongly dividing the word of truth, at worst, it is willful idolatry

Romans 1:20-23

It's sad you don't acknowledge the Godhead as shown in Romans 1.

But for you to ignore what scripture makes clear about our Lord Jesus Christ is truly your undoing.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God...

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power....​

clefty

Oats, are you a Jew? I didn't know that. :think:

The Bible will never make sense to you until you can figure out what was written to the Jews...

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And what was written to the rest of us.

Eph. 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:​

TO THE JEW FIRST. Keep that in mind, and you'll have no reason to be ashamed.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:​

Are you from Ephesus?

You are Galatian? Colossian?

Are you Roman?

Not one of these epistles was addressed to you Glorydaz...or your fan base...

The entire NT was not to you...FOR you yes...

That passage in Ephesians continues BTW

Read verse 13...

Verse 19 confirms we are citizens now...no longer foreigners...members of His household

And yet you don’t wish to follow the house rules...that is rude...”oh those arent for me...I am raptured from those chores...no burden or yoke for me thanks...”

You think the branch grafted in changes the trunk its roots?

musterion

Are you from Ephesus?

You are Galatian? Colossian?

Are you Roman?

Not one of these epistles was addressed to you Glorydaz...or your fan base...

The entire NT was not to you...FOR you yes...

That passage in Ephesians continues BTW

Read verse 13...

Verse 19 confirms we are citizens now...no longer foreigners...members of His household

And yet you don’t wish to follow the house rules...that is rude...”oh those arent for me...I am raptured from those chores...no burden or yoke for me thanks...”

You think the branch grafted in changes the trunk its roots?

What do you do when two parts you think are for you contradict and can't both be obeyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.