What is Flynn guilty of?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
donald-trump-john-mccain-comments-cartoon-darkow.jpg

Apparently conservative "Trump" voters have the monopoly on American patriotism - despite the fact that their "golden boy" applied for 5 draft deferments, mocked John McCain's military service and has disrespected "gold star" parents!
Sorry, but the fact that McCain survived as a POW in Vietnam war is very incriminating. He sold us out so he could live. McCain knew from his case as a POW, that the Vietnamese would kill anybody who wouldn't talk.

drbrumley

donald-trump-john-mccain-comments-cartoon-darkow.jpg

Apparently conservative "Trump" voters have the monopoly on American patriotism - despite the fact that their "golden boy" applied for 5 draft deferments, mocked John McCain's military service and has disrespected "gold star" parents!

I have noticed the liberals just are all gaga over Mccain....disgusting

rexlunae

Gee thanks for not embarrassing me. There is no way forward here rex. I never used to think about politics this much and I miss those days too. I think everybody here loves America and wants the best for all of us, but the differences in what that means are too stark to ignore for me anymore. We have too many opposing views to "get along."

We can have opposing views. But we shouldn't be working from totally different realities.

I think you're hopeful for a crime to have been committed by Trump and you want him removed from office nullifying a fair election whereas, I am not. Like you, I'm genuinely concerned about the country and the direction we are headed. We see two different things happening everywhere we look.

I don't think it was a fair or lawful election, and there are multiple reasons for both of those conclusions. From where I sit, it looks an awful lot like one of the campaigns, likely including the candidate himself, and to a lesser extent one of the major parties, participating in the election deliberately broke the law in order to win, and it is as important to the rule of law and to democratic norms to ensure that that does not work as it is to honor the outcome of the election. That would be true if he had won the popular vote, which of course he did not. So, when I balance the importance of honoring the outcome of an election against all of that, I can't support the outcome of the election.

The whole premise and the very foundation of this investigation began under illegal surveillance based on a fake dossier created by Russian connected sources and paid for by Clinton. Does that not register for you? It's good that Flynn was weeded out but the "collusion" just isn't there.

The surveillance was legal, the dossier is not fake, and it was being sponsored by Republicans before Clinton started paying for it, it wasn't the basis of the counterintelligence investigation into Trump contacts with Russia or the intervention of the Russian government into the 2016 election.

These are facts, Pat. I can't make you believe me, but I can point out that it's been the agenda of Fox News to spin the dossier as the nexus of this whole thing, when it absolutely isn't. Mueller's team has probably looked at it, and perhaps used parts of it, but there is nothing wrong with that, and before it can be used against anyone, any of the claims have to be substantiated with evidence. Just as before, you're letting media sources lead you down the garden path to a false conclusion due to your ideological preferences.

On second thought, the way forward is time. Time will tell. I'm hoping for a thorough and FAIR investigation that leaves NO DOUBT as to whether or not Trump colluded with Russia to affect the election or committed any crime at all. I hope Trump is exonerated and we can start focusing on real issues.

I agree with you that we need a clear and decisive verdict on Trump's involvement with the Russians in the election. To me, it's very difficult to imagine that he gets exonerated. I do not hope that Trump is exonerated, because I think that he is awful in a way that transcends politics, and I don't understand how you don't see that. No matter how it turns out, there is a real sickness in this country's psyche, but it would be slightly comforting to be able to say that it didn't win everything on its own.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
149c41d0629707cbb12f28aa9af2e061.jpg

Sorry, but the fact that McCain survived as a POW in Vietnam war is very incriminating. He sold us out so he could live. McCain knew from his case as a POW, that the Vietnamese would kill anybody who wouldn't talk.

I have noticed the liberals just are all gaga over Mccain....disgusting

Only a true "narcissist" could disrespect McCain for the 5 1/2 years he spent at the "Hanoi Hilton" - meanwhile, following his 5 deferments, Donald "The Patriot" Trump was proudly serving the nation by devoting himself to making money and chasing women!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps he was ignorant of that statute.

You think ignorance of the law is an excuse? If Hillary Clinton had done a third of what he's done here, she'd be in jail.

And it's not the first time for him.

A secret U.S. military investigation in 2010 determined that Michael T. Flynn, the retired Army general tapped to serve as national security adviser in the Trump White House, “inappropriately shared” classified information with foreign military officers in Afghanistan, newly released documents show.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...054287507db_story.html?utm_term=.7562219a1170

Someone higher up let him off by saying he didn't understand that what he was doing was a crime. Doesn't look like that's going to happen this time. Worse, he apparently pulled his own son into this mess; he might also be indicted.

He needs to spend a little time in lock-up.

drbrumley

If by that you mean that he's occasionally more honest, more principled, and less horrible as a Senator than his fellow partisans, then fine. Otherwise no.

:rotfl: more honest? :rotfl: more principled? :rotfl: less horrible? :rotfl:

There isn't a country in the Mideast he wouldn't want to bomb..

drbrumley

149c41d0629707cbb12f28aa9af2e061.jpg

Only a true "narcissist" could disrespect McCain for the 5 1/2 years he spent at the "Hanoi Hilton" - meanwhile, following his 5 deferments, Donald "The Patriot" Trump was proudly serving the nation by devoting himself to making money and chasing women!

Earth to idiot,

I didn't say I disrespected his 5 1/2 years on being a POW....I disrespect him for what he has been since coming into politics.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
President Trump's tweet Saturday saying he had fired Michael Flynn as national security adviser because he lied to Vice President Pence and the FBI was reportedly authored by Trump's personal lawyer, John Dowd.

Two sources familiar with the tweet told The Washington Post Saturday that Dowd, Trump's chief counsel, had crafted the tweet. The White House has not yet made a statement about the tweet, but its authorship could change the tweet's pertinence in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of Russian election meddling.

Trump early Saturday tweeted, "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies."

Riiiiight... More like panic and a mad damage-control scramble ensued...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[h=1]Are media overstating the importance of Flynn's guilty plea?[/h]

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Puhlease, they are both bad. Have you seen what a jerk McCain was to people who were searching for POWs left in Vietnam? He was jerk during the war. McCain survived because he was a traitor. He knew there would be no POWs, because he knew only traitors usually survived Vietnamese interrogation.

musterion

I think he meant the government......could be wrong though but doubt it.

Maybe, but there are those who think America (Western Civ in general) is fundamentally evil and so must be "fundamentally transformed." Naturally, those who seek to preserve what we can from the founding are likewise viewed as literally evil, make no mistake about that. Pretty sure more than a few of them are so unbalanced that they use our "evil" to justify seeking to win by any means -- lying, theft, slander, personal destruction, etc, and now, increasing levels of violence. They're like consistent Mohammedans on that point: they're at war, except the Mohammedans have been honest enough to declare it. Leftists are literal revolutionaries in a war to overthrow society, but only the ones like Obama's old buddy are recognized as such and that's why this nation is in such bad shape. And his fellow travelers are right here on TOL (just another front in their war).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
President Trump's tweet Saturday saying he had fired Michael Flynn as national security adviser because he lied to Vice President Pence and the FBI was reportedly authored by Trump's personal lawyer, John Dowd.

Two sources familiar with the tweet told The Washington Post Saturday that Dowd, Trump's chief counsel, had crafted the tweet. The White House has not yet made a statement about the tweet, but its authorship could change the tweet's pertinence in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of Russian election meddling.

Trump early Saturday tweeted, "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies."

Riiiiight... More like panic and a mad damage-control scramble ensued...
Yep, Trump's busted. Even though NOBODY knew Flynn lied to the FBI until long after he was fired for lying to Pence. Trump misspoke, is that impeachable? Was he under oath or talking to Federal agents? Nope. He's just a dotard, remember?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What did Flynn lie to the FBI about? Legal contact with Russians during TRANSITION, which is perfectly legal. Why he lied is anyone's guess. If there was any evidence at all of collusion or crimes by Trump there would be no reason to make a deal with Flynn. At least THIS nothing burger has cheese.