What is Flynn guilty of?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
CNN says the Logan Act and false statements.

The Logan Act makes it a crime for a private citizen to communicate with a foreign government without proper authority in an attempt to influence the actions of the foreign government.*

From: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...s/did-flynn-break-law-pate-opinion/index.html

Jimmy Carter? We know hes done that. How about all lobbyists and most buisnessmen?
We know Bammy also tried to influence Israeli elections.

Shouldnt he be in jail too?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The leftist libtards are wrong to say "look, Flynn is asking for immunity, must be something big." Flynn only wants immunity because demoncrats are on a witch hunt. Flynn broke no laws and did nothing wrong.

A lot of people take plea bargains and ask for immunity - innocent or not if they think its possible they can get railroaded or convicted, dems should know that better than anyone - they give them to thugs all the time.

rexlunae

A lot of people take plea bargains and ask for immunity - innocent or not if they think its possible they can get railroaded or convicted, dems should know that better than anyone - they give them to thugs all the time.

That's not what Flynn thinks:

What Flynn Thinks

He claims to have a story to tell. Either he's got the goods, and that really could only implicate a few people who were above him, or he's got nothing, and no basis for immunity. He probably won't get it. A plea bargain, maybe, but not immunity. What he's done that's a matter of public record is bad enough and he's a big enough fish that they can't just let him go. I would bet that he at least receives a dishonorable discharge, and perhaps a little jail time in exchange for lesser charges.

But that's just a guess.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The leftist libtards are wrong to say "look, Flynn is asking for immunity, must be something big." Flynn only wants immunity because demoncrats are on a witch hunt. Flynn broke no laws and did nothing wrong.

Now Flynn is taking the 5th Amendment - remember all the kind things that Flynn and Trump had to say about Democrats taking the 5th, "when the shoe was on the other foot!"

rexlunae

Now Flynn is taking the 5th Amendment - remember all the kind things that Flynn and Trump had to say about Democrats taking the 5th, "when the shoe was on the other foot!"

I'm not sure how the Fifth Amendment is supposed to allow him to avoid showing up, or turning over documents. You can't be made to testify against yourself, but a document isn't you.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
I wish Flynn were in big trouble. He has used conspiracy theories to advance pro-military action against Muslims, especially Turkish Muslims which are the least of our worries. He knew his own theories were false also.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think my guess has weathered the past few months pretty well. What do you think?
You were hopeful. All you had was a hopeful expectation. Renewed now by yesterday's events. Give yourself a pat(rick jane) on the back, your genius is fabulous.Maybe you're psychic or maybe you're as smart as Patrick Jane.

Z

But alas, as AC/DC put it - "It's a long way to the top if you wanna Rock n Roll"

rexlunae

You were hopeful.

Hardly. Nothing about this story is good. There's just the slim chance that some measure of justice prevails against the worst offenders. Flynn was once a noble man, who took a dark turn toward conspiracy theories and verged on treason. It's a shame what he did.

All you had was a hopeful expectation. Renewed now by yesterday's events.

I had a bit more than that, Pat. I had good information. You had a bunch of lies told to you by the people who serve to empower Donald Trump.

Give yourself a pat(rick jane) on the back, your genius is fabulous.Maybe you're psychic or maybe you're as smart as Patrick Jane.

No genius, I promise. I know how to sort the good information from the bad, and tell real journalism from captive, politically activist media.

Look Pat, before the Trump era, we had some significantly more productive discussions. I miss that. I know it's possible. I'm really not trying to embarrass you, but I can't concede a point when I'm not wrong. What do you think the way forward is here?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Look Pat, before the Trump era, we had some significantly more productive discussions. I miss that. I know it's possible. I'm really not trying to embarrass you, but I can't concede a point when I'm not wrong. What do you think the way forward is here?
Gee thanks for not embarrassing me. There is no way forward here rex. I never used to think about politics this much and I miss those days too. I think everybody here loves America and wants the best for all of us, but the differences in what that means are too stark to ignore for me anymore. We have too many opposing views to "get along."

I think you're hopeful for a crime to have been committed by Trump and you want him removed from office nullifying a fair election whereas, I am not. Like you, I'm genuinely concerned about the country and the direction we are headed. We see two different things happening everywhere we look.

The whole premise and the very foundation of this investigation began under illegal surveillance based on a fake dossier created by Russian connected sources and paid for by Clinton. Does that not register for you? It's good that Flynn was weeded out but the "collusion" just isn't there.

On second thought, the way forward is time. Time will tell. I'm hoping for a thorough and FAIR investigation that leaves NO DOUBT as to whether or not Trump colluded with Russia to affect the election or committed any crime at all. I hope Trump is exonerated and we can start focusing on real issues.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
donald-trump-john-mccain-comments-cartoon-darkow.jpg

Respectfully but strenuously disagree with that.

Apparently conservative "Trump" voters have the monopoly on American patriotism - despite the fact that their "golden boy" applied for 5 draft deferments, mocked John McCain's military service and has disrespected "gold star" parents!