What is Flynn guilty of?

rexlunae

So it is OK with you that a felony was committed ?

Kinda, yeah. It's not ideal, but if that's what it takes to bring down these crooks, I'm all for it. Trump didn't fire Flynn just because he lied. He fired him because it got leaked. And we're all safer for it.

There is actual proof that Americans were UN-masked and zero PROOF of any crime to betray the country as of now.

Unmasking isn't a crime, and while "proof" may be illusive for now, there are lots of suggestions. I'd say give it time, let the FBI investigation play out, and the Senate Intel Committee. And hold Trump's feet to the fire.

dodge

rexlunae;4980388]Kinda, yeah. It's not ideal, but if that's what it takes to bring down these crooks, I'm all for it. Trump didn't fire Flynn just because he lied. He fired him because it got leaked. And we're all safer for it.

You might want to read up on the laws that were broken UN-masking an American citizen is a "felony". punishable by 10 years in prison.

Unmasking isn't a crime, and while "proof" may be illusive for now, there are lots of suggestions. I'd say give it time, let the FBI investigation play out, and the Senate Intel Committee. And hold Trump's feet to the fire.

When the Otraitor and Hillray crime spree was going on in Wash. D.C. where were you libtards ? All that was heard was crickets. I have never seen a more hypocritical bunch than demon craps.

rexlunae

lol, when the left does it it is NEVER wrong , and when one on the right does nothing it is a crime.

You are so biased you are ignorant.

What he's pointing out to you is that it's a procedure document, not a statute. Violating it could bring administrstive penalties, but not criminal charges. That's a fairly important distinction.

If you can't handle the facts...

ClimateSanity

What he's pointing out to you is that it's a procedure document, not a statute. Violating it could bring administrstive penalties, but not criminal charges. That's a fairly important distinction.

If you can't handle the facts...
You are talking about someone in the intelligence community unmasking it. That's who the administrative penalties apply to.

I'm sure dodge is referring to people in the executive branch ordering the unmasking.

You are saying it's perfectly legal for the administration to unmask an American citizen?

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

ClimateSanity

From the daily mail:

"Revealed: Obama's national security adviser asked for Trump's associates' names to be 'UNMASKED' from intelligence reports dozens of times - before they were leaked

"

This is perfectly legal you say?

rexlunae

You are talking about someone in the intelligence community unmasking it. That's who the administrative penalties apply to.

I'm sure dodge is referring to people in the executive branch ordering the unmasking.

First of all, the intelligence agencies are just as much part of the executive branch as the NSC advisor. So there's that. And that is irrelevant to the objection raised, which is that what was posted IS NOT A STATUTE. It doesn't become one by alchemy just because it moves from the NSA to the White House.

You are saying it's perfectly legal for the administration to unmask an American citizen?

Under certain circumstances. And it's a fairly low bar, usually related to the need to understand the information. And unmasking does not entail publicly releasing.

ClimateSanity

First of all, the intelligence agencies are just as much part of the executive branch as the NSC advisor. So there's that. And that is irrelevant to the objection raised, which is that what was posted IS NOT A STATUTE.
The intelligence agencies are part of the bureaucracy. The NSC advisor is not part of the bureaucracy nor part of the intelligence agencies.

The NSC is free to ask the CIA to unmask political enemies for the sole purpose of leaking that information in order to bring down those enemies?

rexlunae

That can be used as an excuse. What's to stop the NSC advisor or anyone else in the administration from unmasking political opponents for purely partisan reasons?

White House staff can't unmask someone. They have to request an unmasking of the agencies that provide the intercepts, who then review the request to see if policy allows it.