What is faith?

God's Truth

Even two of the scriptures you quoted show it is the DEEDS which proceed from the mind which are the problem.

That said, it is very wrong to fantasise about sinning.

I am not talking about that. We were speaking about God's motivation for firing Moses.

It matters what we think.

It also matters if we add things to the written word that is not there.

I just believe it could work against us.

I believe God did not let Moses enter the promised land because he did not believe and obey God.

daqq

We were speaking about God's motivation for firing Moses.

Like was said, let it sink in, for Moshe was not "fired". :)

I believe God did not let Moses enter the promised land because he did not believe and obey God.

Moshe did enter into the Promised Land and appears with Eliyahu where and when they speak with Yeshua at the Transfiguration event, (YHWH is Elohim of the living and the clouds are the dust of His feet, Nahum 1:3, Luke 9:33, 34, 35). :)

God's Truth

Moshe did enter into the Promised Land and appears with Eliyahu where and when they speak with Yeshua at the Transfiguration event, (YHWH is Elohim of the living and the clouds are the dust of His feet, Nahum 1:3, Luke 9:33, 34, 35). :)

Amen.

Well, Moses was saved, but he still did not enter the Promised Land, the earthly land.

iouae

God has no problem firing replacing leaders.

He did so with Elijah, replacing him with Elisha.
And things went along a whole lot more smoothly under Elisha.

Elijah too had a healthy self-esteem.

1 Kings 18:22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the Lord; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.

We know what Elijah said was not true, because when he ran to the cave, he repeated that and God corrected him.

1 Kings 19
14 And he said, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away....

...18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

And Elisha does an impeccable job in Elijah's place, just as Joshua did in Moses' place.

And God does not tell Elijah that his bipolar mood-swings make him a liability. God loved Elijah and did not burst his ego bubble, but let him go gently, even organising a translation. Now that must make one feel special :)

iouae

Like was said, let it sink in, for Moshe was not "fired". :)

Nice post :)

I don't know if I am making the connection you were thinking of in presenting this riddle, but both Moses and Elijah are seen at the transfiguration because these two did not really die. They were "put on ice". And if they did not really die they could be raised to speak with Jesus.

God's Truth

God has no problem firing replacing leaders.

He did so with Elijah, replacing him with Elisha.
And things went along a whole lot more smoothly under Elisha.

Elijah too had a healthy self-esteem.

1 Kings 18:22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the Lord; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.

We know what Elijah said was not true, because when he ran to the cave, he repeated that and God corrected him.

1 Kings 19
14 And he said, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away....

...18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

And Elisha does an impeccable job in Elijah's place, just as Joshua did in Moses' place.

And God does not tell Elijah that his bipolar mood-swings make him a liability. God loved Elijah and did not burst his ego bubble, but let him go gently, even organising a translation. Now that must make one feel special :)

So far, you have spoken against Moses, and you have spoken against Elijah.

God says not to speak against a chosen of His.

One of David's wives could not bear children because she judged David, see 2 Samuel 6:20, and 2 Samuel 6:23.

In addition, see what happened to Moses sister Miriam when she judged Moses. God gave her leprosy. See Numbers 12:1-9, 15

God's Truth

Nice post :)

I don't know if I am making the connection you were thinking of in presenting this riddle, but both Moses and Elijah are seen at the transfiguration because these two did not really die. They were "put on ice". And if they did not really die they could be raised to speak with Jesus.

They died in the flesh but lived on in the spirit.

We die in the flesh but live on in the spirit with either Jesus, or in prison/Hell.

Ben Masada

Yeshua the Son of Perpetuity was tented in the tabernacle-tent of Moshe. :poly:

If you think we deserve to understand what you are talking about, how about a quote to document what you have said above? I find too hard to take people's word for it.

Ben Masada

My private opinion is that God WANTED Joshua to take over.

Proof is the good job Israel did under Joshua.

So God was letting Moses down gently by not saying "You know what Moses, you bring out the worst in the people. Your leadership style kinda sucks. Its time for a better leader to take over, and there will be no room for you looking over his shoulders. And by the way, Aaron has to go too".

Instead, God points to the TINY sin of Moses and blames that, so Moses' LARGE self-esteem can remain intact.

But please ignore what goes on in my head.

Not so bad Iouae, that bird has rested its feet in my mind many times when I am reading Torah, especially when I found out from Jeremiah 7:22 that the Lord never commanded sacrifices to be part of the religion of Israel and Moses, realizing that it would be too hard to take the Israelites from Egypt, he used of Pichuach Nephesh by allowing sacrifices, and the History of Israel became almost catastrophic. Even to this very day, there is a Yeshiva in Jerusalem preparing the Levites to resume the sacrifices. As you can see, nothing is harder that habits to die.

daqq

If you think we deserve to understand what you are talking about, how about a quote to document what you have said above? I find too hard to take people's word for it.

It was already posted from the Septuagint which is that same passage we were discussing. In the Septuagint version of Exodus 33 that portion states that Moses pitched HIS tent outside the camp, which then became known as the Tabernacle-Tent of the Testimony, (or the Tabernacle-Tent of Witness). Likewise in the Greek, as was said and is well known, the spelling which is rendered "Joshua" or "Jesus" is the same Greek spelling for "Jesus", (Yeshua) in the Greek Apostolic writings. When it comes to the statement that Joshua did not go forth out of the tabernacle-tent it is pretty much the same in both the Septuagint and the Masoretic. As for the meaning of the name, "Nun", it is "Perpetuity". "Yhoshua the son of Nun" may easily be understood as "Yeshua the son of Perpetuity" without even the wink of an eye, (at least in my case). :)

Strong's Ref. #5126
Romanized Nuwn
Pronounced noon
or Nown (1Chr.7v27) {nohn}; from HSN5125; perpetuity, Nun or Non, the father of Joshua:
KJV--Non, Nun.

Ben Masada

It was already posted from the Septuagint which is that same passage we were discussing. In the Septuagint version of Exodus 33 that portion states that Moses pitched HIS tent outside the camp, which then became known as the Tabernacle-Tent of the Testimony, (or the Tabernacle-Tent of Witness). Likewise in the Greek, as was said and is well known, the spelling which is rendered "Joshua" or "Jesus" is the same Greek spelling for "Jesus", (Yeshua) in the Greek Apostolic writings. When it comes to the statement that Joshua did not go forth out of the tabernacle-tent it is pretty much the same in both the Septuagint and the Masoretic. As for the meaning of the name, "Nun", it is "Perpetuity". "Yhoshua the son of Nun" may easily be understood as "Yeshua the son of Perpetuity" without even the wink of an eye, (at least in my case). :)

Strong's Ref. #5126
Romanized Nuwn
Pronounced noon
or Nown (1Chr.7v27) {nohn}; from HSN5125; perpetuity, Nun or Non, the father of Joshua:
KJV--Non, Nun.

Yohoshua has nothing to do with Yeshua. Yohoshua is a very common name even in the Israel of today. Yeshua ceased as a common name only after Paul made of Yeshua a "Christ", resurrected him, and acclaimed him son of God. (II Tim. 2:8 and Acts 9:20)

daqq

Yohoshua has nothing to do with Yeshua. Yohoshua is a very common name even in the Israel of today. Yeshua ceased as a common name only after Paul made of Yeshua a "Christ", resurrected him, and acclaimed him son of God. (II Tim. 2:8 and Acts 9:20)

Why do you not hear what was said?

Hebrews 4:8 KJV
8. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Hebrews 4:8 ASV
8. For if Joshua had given them rest, he would not have spoken afterward of another day.

Exodus 33:11 LXX-Septuagint
33:11 και ελαλησεν κυριος προς μωυσην ενωπιος ενωπιω ως ει τις λαλησει προς τον εαυτου φιλον και απελυετο εις την παρεμβολην ο δε θεραπων ιησους υιος ναυη νεος ουκ εξεπορευετο εκ της σκηνης
http://bibledatabase.net/html/septuagint/02_033.htm

The spelling is the same in the Greek which the apostles quote from extensively.

Ben Masada

Why do you not hear what was said?

Hebrews 4:8 KJV
8. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Hebrews 4:8 ASV
8. For if Joshua had given them rest, he would not have spoken afterward of another day.

Exodus 33:11 LXX-Septuagint
33:11 και ελαλησεν κυριος προς μωυσην ενωπιος ενωπιω ως ει τις λαλησει προς τον εαυτου φιλον και απελυετο εις την παρεμβολην ο δε θεραπων ιησους υιος ναυη νεος ουκ εξεπορευετο εκ της σκηνης
http://bibledatabase.net/html/septuagint/02_033.htm

The spelling is the same in the Greek which the apostles quote from extensively.

Why do I have to listen to Replacement Theology? That's for Christians and I ain't one. Exodus 33:11 is only an embellishment to the grandeur of Moses to distinguish him from the other prophets. The truth is that even Moses could not see the Lord as a man sees another because Moses was a man and the Lord is God. So, when Moses prayed to see the glory of HaShem, he was denied though, for no man could see God and live. That's in Exodus 33:20.

Last edited:

daqq

Why do I have to listen to Replacement Theology? That's for Christians and I ain't one. Exodus 33:11 is only an embellishment to the grandeur of Moses to distinguish him from the other prophets. The truth is that even Moses could not see the Lord as a man sees another because Moses was a man and the Lord was God. So, when Moses prayed to see the glory of HaShem, he was denied though, for no man could see God and live. That's in Exodus 33:20.

Haha, you asked for evidence when it was already given because you did not read it when it was posted and now you ask why you should listen to what you have decided to label of your own accord as "replacement theology". Perhaps you should not be asking questions for which the answers you do not wish to hear. True it is that the truth is frightening to some people: and how many times has it been said to you that the replacement Khazar Masoretes altered the Masoretic Text in many places? and in many places it was clearly with intent? However, you like everyone else, have the right to remain in outer darkness. :)

Ben Masada

Haha, you asked for evidence when it was already given because you did not read it when it was posted and now you ask why you should listen to what you have decided to label of your own accord as "replacement theology". Perhaps you should not be asking questions for which the answers you do not wish to hear. True it is that the truth is frightening to some people: and how many times has it been said to you that the replacement Khazar Masoretes altered the Masoretic Text in many places? and in many places it was clearly with intent? However, you like everyone else, have the right to remain in outer darkness. :)

The Pauline policy of Replacement Theology is the foundation of the NT aka the gospel of Paul. Cleanse the NT of RT and Christianity will collapse.

iouae

Not so bad Iouae, that bird has rested its feet in my mind many times when I am reading Torah, especially when I found out from Jeremiah 7:22 that the Lord never commanded sacrifices to be part of the religion of Israel and Moses, realizing that it would be too hard to take the Israelites from Egypt, he used of Pichuach Nephesh by allowing sacrifices, and the History of Israel became almost catastrophic. Even to this very day, there is a Yeshiva in Jerusalem preparing the Levites to resume the sacrifices. As you can see, nothing is harder that habits to die.

I would say that being part of OT Israel took quite a bit of faith.

Adult circumcision was not for the fainthearted.

And animal sacrifices - Imagine the shlep of having to drag an animal to the temple every time one sins and wants forgiveness - if that's what happened?

Then there were all the capital crimes.

And if you committed manslaughter, you had to flee to a city of refuge to escape the avenger of blood.

I tell you, it took faith, and actions.

God's Truth

The Old Testament scriptures plainly say God commanded the sacrifice of animals.

God said the blood of animals are to be for the atonement of one's soul.

God did not like it that the Jews would sin, and just give a sin offering, but not really be sorry for their sins.

However, it was still commanded by God.

God's Truth

Why do I have to listen to Replacement Theology? That's for Christians and I ain't one. Exodus 33:11 is only an embellishment to the grandeur of Moses to distinguish him from the other prophets. The truth is that even Moses could not see the Lord as a man sees another because Moses was a man and the Lord is God. So, when Moses prayed to see the glory of HaShem, he was denied though, for no man could see God and live. That's in Exodus 33:20.

You deny that God commanded the sacrifice of animals.

You say that Moses sinned by instating animal sacrifices to appease people by giving them pagan practices.

You sin against God when you say He did not say what the Scriptures plainly says He says; and, you slander Moses.

The blood sacrifices were a teaching tool about what was coming, Jesus Christ.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world.

God's Truth

The Pauline policy of Replacement Theology is the foundation of the NT aka the gospel of Paul. Cleanse the NT of RT and Christianity will collapse.

God promised Abraham, because He loved him that from his own seed the Savior of the world would come. Since Jesus came, it does not matter to whom one is blood related, except by the blood of the Lamb.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I would say that being part of OT Israel took quite a bit of faith.

Adult circumcision was not for the fainthearted.

And animal sacrifices - Imagine the shlep of having to drag an animal to the temple every time one sins and wants forgiveness - if that's what happened?

Then there were all the capital crimes.

And if you committed manslaughter, you had to flee to a city of refuge to escape the avenger of blood.

I tell you, it took faith, and actions.

No.

The old law was NOT based on faith.

There were Jews who had faith and obeyed the old law, but there was also Jews who did NOT have faith and obeyed the old law.

Faith was not a requirement, but it is what was required when Jesus came. It is what makes the difference between life and death.

A Jew could obey the old law but not have faith.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

When Jesus came to earth, the Jews who did not have faith were cut off and hardened. The Jews who had faith in God before Jesus came, they recognized Jesus' words as the words from God, and they were saved.