What is faith?

clemdawg

I believe faith is the belief in Jesus Christ. Reading your Bible, going to church, and prayers all help to have that intimate relationship with the Lord. My wife was a horrible alcoholic and I had issues with women. I felt a calling from God to return to my faith and pray. Since doing so, my wife has stopped drinking, I gave up any thought of other women and focus on my walk with Jesus and my family. I am not perfect and struggle but I trust the Lord to see me thrrough.

iouae

Saved from what if I may ask?

Where in the Old Covenant does God promise you eternal life?

In Deut 28 God promises you blessings and cursing, but no eternal life.

If you want eternal life, you need Jesus.
Thus "saved" refers to being saved from death, as in raised in a resurrection. And this Jesus only does to and for His friends.

iouae

I believe faith is the belief in Jesus Christ. Reading your Bible, going to church, and prayers all help to have that intimate relationship with the Lord. My wife was a horrible alcoholic and I had issues with women. I felt a calling from God to return to my faith and pray. Since doing so, my wife has stopped drinking, I gave up any thought of other women and focus on my walk with Jesus and my family. I am not perfect and struggle but I trust the Lord to see me thrrough.

That is a fantastic example of the power of faith.
Now you know that God has the power to deliver us from addictions.
This is now something much more than head knowledge.