ECT What is better about D'ism?

SaulToPaul 2

I don't know that the OP ever got answered, because it always seems to be the agenda of D'ism to divert and evade from the question:

if the new covenant is better things that have come, what is "better" in the same sense about D'ism?

Have you heard of the form of sound words, and approving the things that are more excellent?

Interplanner

I did notice this the other day by STP: Acts 7:13 is about the 2nd coming, lol. and I suppose Pharoah "stands for" a warm fuzzy AC, lol.

That is not serious scholarship. Heb 8:8 quoted 100x to avoid what the other new covenant texts say is not serious study. It is a joke. It is dishonest.

Danoh

I did notice this the other day by STP: Acts 7:13 is about the 2nd coming, lol. and I suppose Pharoah "stands for" a warm fuzzy AC, lol.

That is not serious scholarship. Heb 8:8 quoted 100x to avoid what the other new covenant texts say is not serious study. It is a joke. It is dishonest.

Just as Joseph had been made known a second time to his brethren, so will the Lord that Joseph had merely been a type of.

Joseph as a type of Israel's Coming Deliverer...

Acts 7:9 And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him, 7:10 And delivered him out of all his afflictions, and gave him favour and wisdom in the sight of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and he made him governor over Egypt and all his house. 7:11 Now there came a dearth over all the land of Egypt and Chanaan, and great affliction: and our fathers found no sustenance. 7:12 But when Jacob heard that there was corn in Egypt, he sent out our fathers first. 7:13 And at the second time Joseph was made known to his brethren; and Joseph's kindred was made known unto Pharaoh.

Said Coming Deliverer Himself...

Matthew 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Or as the writer of HEBREWS put that to HIS OWN...

Hebrews 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, 9:20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

2 Tim. 2:15

SaulToPaul 2

Made up. I never mentioned this passage.

Interplanner

But you have treated Heb 8:8 that way many times, to avoid the totality of NT passages on the new covenant. It is your favored one in your selective system, which is very odd, considering that the overarching message of the book is the end of the old covenant, the greaterness of Christ in relation to the old covenant, the destruction of the land in that generation (the re-use of the 40 years theme to AD 33-72 and Masada) etc.

None of my past 5 threads use the acronym banished by Sherman.

SaulToPaul 2

None of my past 5 threads use the acronym banished by Sherman.

Sherman said:
This obessive posting about 2P2P is trolling. You have trolled the forum long enough with it. I am going to lock every thread that has this. Any new posts with this are going to get you an infraction. TOL'ers are fed up with this trolling.

There are better ways to debate without trolling people with this. You are taking over the forum with these posts. No more.

This Sherman quote comes from the thread: "Thread: D'ism was invented because Chafer thought the Bible was confused"

I suspect Sherman is smart enough to shut down your attempts to side step the rules.

Interplanner

This Sherman quote comes from the thread: "Thread: D'ism was invented because Chafer thought the Bible was confused"

I suspect Sherman is smart enough to shut down your attempts to side step the rules.

That is an honest question that you fail to answer. You can create your ghetto here if you want, but you are only reinforcing the huge mistakes of Ryrie and Chafer which a number of us consider a most insidious kind of cult.

If a JW told you over and over that Jn 1 said 'a god,' you would growl at them. But if Chafer says 'the Bible doesn't make sense without my system' you accept that. What does that tell you?