What does God's Holy Law Demand?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The law was not given to make one righteous.

The law was given to show us that we don't measure up to God's standards.

"By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

And Jesus said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick." (Matthew 9:12)

chair

If you were an observant Jew you would know that my statements are correct.

Judaism is a worship of the law.
I am.

It is not a "worship of the law". You have some odd misconceptions about us.
And the idea that Jews don't open drawers or get out of bed on the Sabbath is ridiculous.
It seems that you are incapable of admitting an error.

chair

The law was not given to make one righteous.

The law was given to show us that we don't measure up to God's standards.

"By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

More nonsense. Even if it is Paul's nonsense.
Deuteronomy 30
11 “For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess.

Robert Pate

Banned
I am.

It is not a "worship of the law". You have some odd misconceptions about us.
And the idea that Jews don't open drawers or get out of bed on the Sabbath is ridiculous.
It seems that you are incapable of admitting an error.

If you move a chair on the Sabbath you have violated the Law.

Robert Pate

Banned
Deuteronomy 30
11 “For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess.

Where is your blessing? Israel is a mess.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was speaking to the Lost sheep of the House of Israel.

Yes, he was. The NT was written by Jews for Jews about a Jewish Savior. Are you saying Gentiles are not subject to salvation by a Jewish Savior?

Jesus said, "You worship what you do not know, we know what we worship for salvation is of the Jews." (John 4:22)

Salvation is of the Jews for Jews, at least those grafted into Israel. (Romans 11:17)

Why exclude yourself from the salvation of the Jews?

Robert Pate

Banned
Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)​

Did you know that the NT was not originally written in English? What was the Greek word that was translated as "perfect" in English? Or do you even care?

Jesus said, "Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48.

Whether it is Greek or English the meaning is the same.

JonahofAkron

Deuteronomy 30

Amen.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Robert Pate

Banned
Just so we are clear: Jesus was a Jew. Did He worship the commands? Or did He worship the God that gave them?

Jesus was born under the law, lived under the law and taught the law.

The law reveals the nature and the character of God. It also reveals man's sinfulness.

Jesus fulfilled every jot and tittle of the law and in doing so removed us from the curse of the law, Galatians 3:10.

Christians are no longer required to live according to rules and laws, because "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

To live by faith is to live by the Gospel and the Spirit. The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit brings life, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

JonahofAkron

Jesus was born under the law, lived under the law and taught the law.

The law reveals the nature and the character of God. It also reveals man's sinfulness.

Jesus fulfilled every jot and tittle of the law and in doing so removed us from the curse of the law, Galatians 3:10.

Christians are no longer required to live according to rules and laws, because "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

To live by faith is to live by the Gospel and the Spirit. The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit brings life, 2 Corinthians 3:6.
Question: how did He fulfill the Law? Was it by living out every aspect?

Ben Masada

What does God's Holy Law demand? OBEDIENCE. And to say that Jesus still obeys the Law is nonsense because, only the living can obey the Law and can repent in case he breaks it.